Old 01-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #1  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Default What body types are you attracted to in people you date?

I ask this because I have always been extremely turned off by men with any hint of fat on them, and I'm pretty sure that's been due to my own issues with my own weight. I've always preferred the long-distance-runner/soccer player body type - lean and muscular but just lean is fine too - pretty much for as long as I can remember.

As I get lighter, though, I am less harsh on myself and I can't use the "You can't be fat because I have enough fat for both of us" justification any more. My boyfriend (weight in the "healthy" range but not really "fit") has taken up running and suddenly I'm thinking "why don't you lift weights instead?"

However with all these years of being unhappy with my own weight, I am just not personally attracted to anyone who is overweight and I don't think I ever will be.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #2  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I am also not attracted to over weight men. I think my taste stems more from me relying on having a healthy partner to keep my own health in balance, though. For example, my guy snowboards, rock climbs, plays basketball, does a lot of hiking/camping/fishing - super outdoorsy and fit. And I love that he can show me how and what to do, and that he encourages me through his actions instead of his words on my own journey to live differently.

And in return, I teach him how to cook from scratch, and how to pretend to have sympathy when I try to keep up with him and end up whiney and bruised with broken bones, cuts and scrapes, lol.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/159/120

Height: 5"6 (168cm)

I know how you feel. I used to not accept any hint of "fat" on my boyfriend too. I like tall guys, with a average body build but strong arms I absolutely hate hate hate stick looking guy, I think it was because my ex was 130pound and he is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too skinny, his body actually made me feel sick lol.
Ivonnely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:24 PM   #4  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

krampus - I applaud you in this post! A while back there was a thread with people saying others who chose not to date overweight people were shallow etc. and I tend to disagree with that.

I can't help that I am attracted to tall lean yet muscular men. Lucky for me my boyfriend is 6'5 and hits the gym 5x a week. He always has and I've always been attracted to it. When I started to gain weight he loved me al the same but I can tell he is much more ATTRACTED to me now that I am FIT and HEALTHY.

I want my husband to me in my life for the long run. I don't want our kids to have to worry about one of us passing from diabetes or not being able to race them and play. I'm attracted to men who offer that. Can't help what you're attracted to =)

I wouldn't discriminate on any man, but let's face it, we all have our types and if someone who we aren't attracted to in the least hits on us, they aren't getting the digits.
Krizstyling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:31 PM   #5  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

interesting post....i'm not generally attracted to obese men. i like that teddybear kinda guy. like the husky guy i guess. not fat, but not skinny either. broad shoulders, big arms, toned, not overly muscular, in shape, but doesn't have to be all cut and stuff. make sense? i also like guys who are taller than me. really skinny guys don't do it for me, guys who are lean or have that athletic look are also attractive to me as well, but if i could build the perfect man he would be like 6'2" 225lbs, dark hair, be able to throw me around...ok, it got a little hot in here....
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

I'm the opposite of you guys. I've always been attracted to "teddy bear" type guys. I definitely like muscles, but I don't mind a little pudginess too. I'd take a football player over a swimmer. I do NOT like guys that are skinny. Thin but muscular is ok, skinny is a no-no. I also like tall guys, at least 6 foot.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Fillup - That sounds just like my type!
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #8  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn33082 View Post
Fillup - That sounds just like my type!
yay to teddybears!!!
for some reason though, my past 2 bfs have been shorter, and thinner. my current bf is (i use the term bf loosely, current issues) is 5'7" and like 155lbs. but he's still a cutie. guy before him was a little shorter, a little heavier, but was all gut, not teddy like. womp womp.

in the end though, its really all about heart, chemistry, and personality. don't get me wrong, there needs to be physical attraction too. but yes. the teddy is my ideal *sigh*
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:45 PM   #9  
superfab

S/C/G: I don't care about my weight.

Height: 5'7"

I am only attracted to skinny guys! Slept with an overweight guy once in my life and absolutely hated it. My boyfriend is about 140 and perfect.
KoriHallelujah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

I am with Jenn and fillup on this one. Tall, no super skinny guys, love some muscles (but not too many)
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

For some reason I am SO strict about my physical (body) type!

First off.. I am not attracted to short or even average size guys at all... even 5'11" is pushing it... I prefer like 6'2" or taller. I'm 5'4'' so this makes NO sense... but my sister is 5'2'' and she's always been the same way, so maybe it is a family trait.

Second... I really like the "bear" type... he can't be too skinny or even really lean... He doesn't have to have cut muscles, but I love the barrell chested, broad-shouldered look!

These are my only real deal breakers, looks-wise... I dont need a pretty boy or anything!

I have no idea why these things are such deal breakers! I recently met a guy who I really like personality-wise, and he is cute, but he is toooo lean. I know that I'd never be able to be attracted to him "that way," so it is doomed. Sighhh...

(sorry if I sound terrible!)
LLBoldAsLove87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/168/125

Height: 5'1

Personally, I love lanky guys. Nothing unhealthy, but I for some reason find it absolutely adorable/cute/sexy when a guy is skinny. Some muscle is nice, but I surprisingly don't like much muscle at all on a guy, even if it's average. I don't know what's wrong with my genetics, haha. I could NEVER date a 'meat head'.
xXLosingItXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #13  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillupthesky View Post
...if i could build the perfect man he would be like 6'2" 225lbs, dark hair, be able to throw me around
AMEN! That's exactly what I look for too!
Dee SoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #14  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I always though my type was tall and skinny and dark-haired (ethnicity matters less than hair color). But the last two guys I dated turned out to be around 6'0" (too tall!), blond, and average-sized. And I've found that body fat on a guy, while a little bit less sexy than the absence-of-body-fat, is really comforting. So I'm no longer interested in thin men, but not at all interested in 'teddy bears'... my ideal type is 5'10" or so (and not a 5'8" guy who pretends to be 5'10"), medium-build with a sexy chest, soft hair of any color, and not so much muscle tone on his shoulders that it's uncomfortable to rest on.

Of course, with my history, I'm much more likely to date men who are not my 'type' and change my preferences accordingly.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #15  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

I am attracted to a guy who is in shape and has to work to stay that way. I cannot see myself with a guy whose body is naturally fit but who doesn't eat right and exercise. This whole healthy living thing will definitely be something that i have to work on for the rest of my life, and i want someone who will be in it 100% right there with me, not someone who can eat mcdonalds everyday and never gain an ounce of fat. oh yeah, muscles are nice too
jazzang is offline   Reply With Quote