Old 01-25-2011, 06:04 AM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #5

Good morning gals! I figure I am safe starting a new thread and I am sure none of the three of you are up yet to post!

Susan: I am so glad you are feeling better. We have a lot of small strip shopping centers that cater to the upper crust, but I believe our money is the same color as theres so why they act uppity is beside me! I agree with your about the outlets. You can get great deals and not have to deal with people looking down their nose at you. I notice sometimes you even get that in a mall store depending on what it is. Abercrombie can be like that I find.

Jean: I guess it is better for the food to go to that lady then be left to spoil, but you know how some people are. My mother would have taken the tablecloth off a table if she could get away with it. It was embarrassing if you were her relation and with her, but stepping back she would make a hilarious character in a book. She was some character. She would go to Mcdonald's and clean out their coffee stirrers, sugar packets, plastic silverware, napkins, anything that was free. She would go to the fair every year and at the building where they had the rotisserie chicken she would go table to table collecting scraps from people for her dog!!! She was a total hoot. When we go somewhere and stay at a hotel, I always take the bath products everyday making the housekeepers replace them. I have a huge bunch of stuff, but I use it for guests and I bring little shampoo bottles downstairs so if I want to wash my hair down here I can without tramping upstairs to get the shampoo, stuff like that. Kelly teases me and calls me "grandma garner" (my mother.)

Maggie: You want wind, live in Chicago. Sheesh you will get blown away. It is one of the problems with their winter weather is their wind. If you go downtown and it is a windy day the buildings sort of make windtunnels down the long streets. It is an interesting place to be. If it weren't for the hard winters I would love to live in Chicago. I bet living in one of those apartments along what they call the "gold" coast mile would be wonderful. The view of Lake Michigan would be spectacular. Of course, you pay millions to get a home along the lake there.

Jack is taking a vacation day today and getting the grand marquis towed in to get them working on the problem. He had the tow take it in and they called and quoted $3600! The guy originally quoted Jack $1100 labor and about $300 parts so I am rather irked about the whole thing. Unfortunately, that car is 10 years old and almost 160000 miles so we are not going to put that kind of money into it. {{{Sigh}}} I am going to be without a car, but that's ok. We may decide to buy a used one down the road sometime but for now we will continue to get along with just one.

Well, I am going to sit and knit. I want to get that other sock done this week so I can wash and dry them and take them to Kelly. I haven't worked much on the second one so need to get a move on. Have a great Tuesday! Faye

Last edited by gma22; 01-25-2011 at 12:10 PM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #2  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! It's a cloudy/foggy day in my corner of the world although "warmer" at 26, which is about normal for this time of year. I covered for the church secretary for a couple hours this morning. When she left I mentioned that she would come back this afternoon and she said she didn't know. Originally she just asked me for 2 hours this morning, and I really don't want to go back. The phone only rang once and it was a wrong number.

"Gma" -- I'm sorry about your car. It's not that I go someplace everyday, but I can't depend on Bob because he's always off taking pictures of farm "stuff," or going to meetings, on appts., etc. There are lots of days I don't leave the house, while other days I make several trips into town. My stepgrandmother used to take everything that was loose too. I went shopping with her, one time, and she was going to buy a sleeper before Jason was born. She opened the package, and then instead of taking that one she took one that hadn't been opened. I was so embarrassed. Have fun knitting this afternoon.

Guess I will call and see if the church secretary came back, keeping my fingers crossed that she did. Have a terrific "rest of the day!"

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:19 AM   #3  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Tuesday

GOOD EVENING MAGNOLIAS

Gracious sakes I had my visit to the doc then out to eat at Applebees. The doc is tinkering with my BP meds to bring it down some more. It isn't high ~ just almost up there but she wants it lower. But I don't have to go back for a year now. Both my folks were "normal" weight and had high BP so it does run in my family. This morning was gone from doing that. I ate a Turkey Bacon w/Swiss Cheese omelet for a whopping 9 P+ which is good and made with beaters. As usual I couldn't finish the whole thing. I showed a loss of 2.4 pounds at weigh in last night which brings me to a loss of 7 pounds in 3 weeks. I sure like the new method of counting points+. Eating much more of my beloved fruit sure agrees with me. My WW leader emailed us a quick list of some food items at some places around here which is neat. If any of you want a copy let me know and I will send it your way for you probably have some or all of the places there also.

DONNA FAYE No thank you I don't ever want to live in Chicago. I have heard too many horror stories about that place and it's crocked officials to turn me off. I am sure it has some good qualities but I have not heard of them. I am so sorry you have to give up your car. I imagine it would be great for you to have another car. We only have the Jeep and that works for us for Will has his office here and next door so if I ever need to use it and he is busy I can. However, we usually always go together to do the things.

JEAN We have seen gals open packages and make sure all parts were there then put it back and take an un-opened one. DUH ~ why open the first one then depend on the closed one to have all it's parts is beyond me. There are some really dumb folks on this planet. Did you end up having to go back to work?

SUSAN You OK?

It is getting late and just about time for me to head to bed. Type at y'all later.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:12 AM   #4  

Good morning all! We had nasty weather all day yesterday. It rained and was foggy all day until around 4 then started snowing, big heavy wet flakes. I let Fortune out around 3 and the snow didn't last, but it looks wet and the temp right at freezing it might be icy out. It is going to warm up to in the 40's so it won't last at least.

I sat last night and ordered show tickets for our vacation so we have at least three to go to. I got great seats by ordering so early too. We are looking forward to seeing the Oak Ridge Boys in concert as well as the brother group, SIX and the Elvis tribute artist. I have to call today about the other night's tickets which is production show called "Hooray for Hollywood" that has pieces of old movies along with singing and dancing through the decades of Hollywood. Thought that would be fun. As their box office was closed and they don't do online tickets I will get them this morning. I will get the paddleboat lake cruise lunch tickets today also then find one other daytime event and we will be set. We get in on Sunday and leave the following Saturday. Jack doesn't want to do any shows on Friday and just hang out, swim, go shopping, etc that day so I didn't book any shows. The cool thing is there is a great outdoor mall across the street from our hotel that has restaurants and all types of shops.

We ordered my new loveseat recliner. I got it for $200 off the regular price, which was nice. It is so comfortable, even has cup holders! It should be here in about 6 weeks. We bought a La-Z-Boy and they didn't have the color in stock so we wait, but that's ok. Gives me time to shampoo carpets, rearrange furniture to accomodate it and the like. We may have to put the flat screen up on the wall as I don't think we will be able to see it with the foot rest up. So, we can use the time! We also bought a new dryer! WooHoo, no more trips to the laundromat. We bought a beautiful Maytag and it has a nice big drum, 7.4 so I can dry pretty much anything in it. It is also actually smaller in size than my current GE, which thankfully they will haul away. It is being delivered tomorrow. So much for Lowe's "next day delivery" policy. It's ok, it is just sort of false advertising as we have never gotten anything delivered from them next day.

I always read the South Bend Tribune newspaper online and saw an article about a man who was murdered in my hometown. You have to understand that my hometown only has about 1600 people in it. I mean we didn't even have a stop light when I was a kid, though they have a blinking one where the two highways cross now. So a murder there is very unusual. On top of that, the man is the son of a friend of mine from high school. I was totally blown away. The young man is Kelly's age and a simple farmer. He wasn't selling drugs or into criminal behavior, it was just some nut case that showed up at his parents home where he lived. The guys' ex wife was there and he stabbed her too. Very sad thing that you aren't even safe in your home in a little "Mayberryish" type town.

Thomas's reception for his arrow of light is Saturday then his Arrow of Light and crossover is on Monday night. He will be jazzed since he gets money again!

Maggie: Wonderful for you to lose more lbs! I know you have to be loving the new plan if it is giving you results like you have been having. We can get along with one car, it is just I have to get up at 5 am so I can take Jack to work anytime I need it, have to arrange dr appts and such not to conflict with picking him up, and it puts miles on the fairly new car. Jack also gets it grubby with his work clothes! Other than that, I don't have a problem wiht only having one vehicle. I guess when you live where I do, Chicago's "horror stories" aren't that scary. We were in a very dodgy part of town yesterday because we sold the grand marquis to a salvage company and they were in a bad part of town. On top of that, I sat in the car for over an hour waiting for Jack. Their printer was acting up and wouldn't print out the checks. I also had to go to the bathroom, (darn those diuretics) and there was no where to go. If it hadn't been so awful it would have been funny because Jack came out of the place finally and got into the car and I told him to head for the first place that had a restroom. He said, "Me too!" We finally found a Mcdonalds and ran in and went. We came out of the restrooms at the same time with a very "comfortable" look on our faces!

Jean: Wow, short weather! You have been have minus wind chills for so long you must think you are in heaven. Did you get more snow yesterday? I heard the storm that hit us was pretty wide north to south. Hope you didn't have to go in and work yesterday afternoon. I think they kind of take advantage of your sometimes, but at least your time is free.

Jack should be up in a moment and get ready for work. I am going to clean and shampoo the dining room carpet this morning. Have a good hump day. Hopefully, the snow has passed us by and that will be that. Faye
Old 01-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Talking Hallelujah Humpday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Good morning and it is a chilly one but lovely outside. Ragg Mopp and Beanie are wrestling and having a ball. They do this about 3 times a day which keeps Ragg Mopp in shape and Beanie occupied. I got the latest book at the WW meeting Monday which is ”Just Five” ~ 125 recipes with 5 ingredients or less. Thumbing through it I have found quite a few recipes that I will be trying. I like these small 6 x 9 paperback books and have several from WW. I mostly like the ones that are a theme: desserts, grilling, slow cooking, etc. I like books, can you tell. I have 14 of that size now from WW. I’ll be adjusting the points as I use a recipe for sure with that series. I have a barn cut out to build for me now. I have some running rail fencing I can put around as a small yard beside it and a two story main house. Part of my village. I will get my village built up again. Today, though, I need to tackle some house work before I get into my glass works. Give the kitchen a once over and some clothes folded and put away. Plans for dinner made and get the meat out of the freezer. That kind of stuff that never gets done because we always have it to do. That my friends, is called “living.” Organizing. I just lit a good smelling candle and it sure makes a room nice. Vanilla. There isn’t anything much going on this day, as you can tell by my post.

DONNA FAYE Sounds like your vacation is getting a good look about it with your lining up the shows. What fun you will have I am sure. If we were back in TN we would love to join you. It is great that you are now getting a dryer. I congratulate you. Your other purchases are good also but there is just something about your getting a dryer that puts a smile on my face. You know, those MD"S restrooms are so easy to get into and we have always found them clean and acessable. Good pace to stop for that.

JEAN & SUSAN Howdy to the two of you this day. Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Later ladies. Too hip ~ gotta go.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #6  

Good Morning, Flowers! It is a foggy damp morning in my corner of the world. The sun is supposed to shine this afternoon. I had lab work early this morning and then had to go back in an hour to visit with the doctor. The doctor has a "student doctor" following him around, who turned out to be a little brother to a kid in Jason's class. I've known him since he was a baby, so it was fun to visit with him and catch up. All of my #s were better than last time, so I'm good for another 6 months.

Maggie -- on losing 2.4#s more -- you are doing great! I've done the change bp meds dance more than once, and hate it. It meant going back quite often to get checked. It was several years ago and I could just see the float nurse for $5; I'm sure the price is much higher now. I didn't go back to the office yesterday. I had a few errands to run and decided to do that since the weather was warmer.

"Gma" -- It sounds like you have some great shows lined up. I will be anxious to hear all about them. Tell me again when you are going. I'm glad you found a loveseat! What color did you choose? The BESTEST thing will be your new dryer! I know how much you will enjoy that! If I know I'm not going to be close to a bathroom, or on the plane, I skip taking the water pill. Did you have lunch at McD's? We didn't get any more snow and there is none predicted for the next few days. I did see a storm in the western states so I suppose we may get some of that. I'm getting better about saying "no" when the church calls -- same old story of the more you do the more they want you to do. The minister has decided to create some new committees (why, I don't know since he is leaving) and set up a meeting for the nominating committee (mine) a half hour after bell practice. We met at 5:00 last fall and everyone liked that. Meeting at 6:30 he will drag it on and on and on. "They" want to start a Spanish service next month; the Catholic church has a Spanish mass on Sunday also. Every kid I've ever heard talk about church was Catholic, not Methodist.

Susan -- Where are you? Hope you are just busy and all is ok.

I need to get busy and accomplish something this morning. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #7  

Good afternoon, ladies! It's 38 degrees and raining today after a few snow flurries yesterday. What weather!

Yesterday and tomorrow I work both my jobs so don't get home until nearly 9 pm. Needless to day, even though both jobs have mostly sitting, I'm tired when I get home.

I went to the Y today and the new boiler for the pool is supposed to be installed at the end of the week. I suppose it will take a few days for the water to warm up again. I did find out that our instructor won't be back. He was fired because he hasn't called in in 3 weeks and got bad reviews from the 8 am class. I hope they get a new one quickly! I did my weights and walked on the treadmill so I still got my exercise in.

My Sony Walkman MP3 player has arrived so I'm going to try downloading 3 or 4 books from the library this afternoon so I have them to listen to while exercising. I probably should download some exercise music as well.

Faye, on getting your dryer and love seat. I'm so happy you don't have to go to the laundromat anymore. about the car. It cost so much to get things fixed anymore.

Jean, Woo Hoo! Warmer weather. Enjoy! I'm really getting upset at how this country is becoming bi-lingual. Other immigrants learned English. Why should the Hispanics be any different! I had my BP taken at the Y this morning and it was 108/65 so no meds for me. I sure don't need anymore.

Maggie, I'll be looking for that cookbook when I go to my meeting on Saturday. I'm always looking for simple recipes. It must be fun to watch Ragg Mopp and Beanie chasing around.

I'm going to clean the kitchen today and then quilt. Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Talking Back To Yack

BACK FOR A MOMENT OR TWO

I am one happy blessed camper. Will went out to run some errands and pick up some doggie treats. Well I am not a dog but he picked up a container of cleaned and trimmed strawberries for me. The are so good. All it said though was a "product of the USA" and didn't really tell me where they were from. I think I will ask Will to ask the produce man next time he goes in that store. They are red and ripe and delicious. Plus already cleaned. The cost was $2.50 for half a pound.

JEAN Congratulations for your numbers being good and you are good for another 6 months. I told that doc yesterday I was not coming back for a year so get the dosage right or don't mess with it. Why in the world do they want to tinker with things that are working fine is beyond me. Anyway the nurse understood what I said and will call in my meds for a year. Once a year is all I want to go. What fun for you to run into a person you know that is in training. Small world isn't it.

SUSAN We were typing at the same time and you got your post in a couple clicks before this one. Don't you find that sitting makes you more tired than being busy otherwise? I sure do. At least the Y will be fixing the heating problem quickly and not dragging their feet in doing so. Hopefully a wonderful person will be hired as the new instructor. Our WW didn't have many of the new books and ran out real quickly. Guess they wanted to see how they sold but a lot of the ladies were disappointed not to get one.

Yack at Y'all later. Break time is over.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-26-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:14 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies! We are going to be in the 50's today and near 60 by Saturday, which will be lovely.

Jack should be up and around in just a couple minutes so I need to get to posting so he can sit here and eat his breakfast and read online news.

I postponed my dryer delivery until tomorrow morning as I have work I want all done before they get here and it wouldn't have been done by this afternoon. I did get the rug in the dining room all sparkling clean again. Just takes a bit of work. I have a fairly new Bissell steam cleaner and it is so much lighter than the one we had previously. I had never used it before because Jack always did the rugs, but was pleasantly surprised.

Poor Jack cut his finger last night chopping onions and we had a devil of a time getting it to stop bleeding. It wasn't all that deep and fairly small, but the little bugger just kept bleeding. I finally put gauze over the bandaid and taped it onto his finger hoping that wold help. It throbbed all evening last night and I know he was pretty miserable.

Susan: When I belonged to the health club when I was with the law firm, the pool was always so cold. I asked them why they kept it cold and they said working out made you sweat so it was more refreshing. I was always chilled doing my water aerobics and never would warm up. Hopefully your pool will be fixed soon and you can go back to your classes. When I did water aerobics, I loved our instructor. My niece is an elementary school teacher and fell a few months ago and broke her wrist really badly and was out of school. She posted about how tired she was now that she is back to teaching and with her young boys and rehab on her hand and all. I told her only the young can keep up that pace that's why you have kids when you are young. When you get older no matter how much the desire is there, you can only have so much strength.

Maggie: Enjoy your strawberries. They are one of my favorite fruits, but I really only like them fresh. They get kind of icky I think when they are on like cheesecake or have been frozen with syrup and such. Basically, I am a fresh fruit kind of gal.

Jean: We aren't going to Branson until Sept 18th. I moved it one week so we could go see the Oak Ridge boys as they are only in town for 3 days the following week. I did get the Hooray for Hollywood tickets then booked an afternoon show called "Hits of the 60's" which is a production show and got the paddleboat lunch tickets. So, we are all set show wise. I told Jack that since we aren't big country music fans we have about run the course with Branson. I have kind of run out of shows to go see that aren't country music. Jack was the one that wanted to see the Oak Ridge Boys, though I do like their harmony style music. Truthfully, I want to go back to Vegas!!!! Glad your #'s are good!!!

Hope you ladies have a great day. Faye
Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #10  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a WARM 28 degrees in my neighborhood this morning! The sun is peeking through a light cloud cover so it's going to be a nice day. I'm chasing dust bunnies and have WW later. Other than that not much planned for today.

Susan -- I can well imagine that you are tired after working two jobs. I did that when I first started subbing and still worked evenings in a department store. I was much younger then, but still tired when 9:00 rolled around. How dumb of the instructor not to call in if he was going to be awol! I hope the new one is a good one. We have a hymn that is written in Spanish as well as English (an Italian one and a German one also); the bilingual associate pastor decided we should try the Spanish version but she ended up singing a solo.

Maggie -- I am anxious for the fresh fruit to start arriving. I see there are watermelon and cantaloupe in the store now, but have no clue what the inside might taste like. I am really surprised your doctor will let you get by with a once a year visit. I don't know if it is age or the amount of meds, but around here everyone I know has to go at least every 6 months.

"Gma" -- Did Jack hold his hand above his head? I didn't know this until Nurse Amanda mentioned it, but having your cut above your heart will help decrease the pain and stop the bleeding quicker. I suppose that is only if it is minor. The 60's show sounds like my kind of show! September will be a nice time of year to travel.

I'm off to rev up the vacuum! Have a terrific Thursday!

Jean -- from Iowa!

Last edited by Jean; 01-27-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:35 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Talking Thankful Thursday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is warming up here in the Heartland. 53 and sunny and also feels like 53. And the humidity is in the low 40's so not a shabby day. I have glass work on my agenda this day and not much else. It is Will's volunteer day at the museum so he will be gone till dinner time. The dogs are happy and playing quietly outside. On nice days they can be out back in that huge yard and frolick all they want. Will is real good about making sure he closes the gate these days.

DONNA FAYE That is so neat that you have all your vacation plans made and the reservations done and have all that to look for ward to. I love it when a plan comes together. We are thinking strongly of going to the 4 corners for our vacation for we can do some fun things there. Well, fun for us anyway.

JEAN I have always, for many years, just gone to the doctor once a year for blood work and such and my perscriptions redone. I would go in-between times if I had something come up to get "fixed" but otherwise not. I get the feeling that some of them just want the "do re me" from the insurance companies and have folks come in when there is no real need. I got spoiled with my doc out in CA and looked forward to having a nice chat with him. Will and I both had a good time with him. I have not found one since that compares. He wants us to visit just to chat every time we go to CA. What a guy. Besides this doctor said she would rather have a pap smear than go to the dentist. Me, I'll take the dentist anyday. I love having my teeth cleaned.

SUSAN I ordered a book off that site you turned me on to and am hoping it isn't one I already have. Sometimes they change the cover and the insides are the same. It is the Fresh Food Fast, Weeknight Meals where the book that I have is just called Fresh food Fast. Like I said if they are the same I can return it. But I have this sneaky feeling the books are the same except for the cover. We shall see. I love the book I have and have had since June 30,'09.

Well Magnolias time is marching on and it is just about lunch time here in the Heartland. A cup of soup will do me fine with a nice sliced up orange. I want some more strawberries. Have a wonderful day. Type at y'all later.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking Back To Yack

BACK TO YACK A BIT

I just wanted to tell you somethng I thought was so cute. I was sitting at the kitchen table eating my chicken noodle soup and fruit when Beanie came in and sat on the carpet in front of the back door. I just sat there and when I didn't get right up to open it and he looked at me and barked very solfly. I let him out back. He was out there about 10 minutes then Ragg Mopp woke up from a nap and walked alll over the house looking for something. I assumed it was Beanie. When he came into the kitchen he looked over at the back door so I let him out and they have been out there for quite awhile again this day. Beanie is becoming a bit independent. I just had to tell you what I was eating didn't I. Well I cut up a pear, apple, orange, banana and threw in a handful of blueberries then sprinkled lemon juice all over it. Yum. When I talked to Will on the phone he asked what I had for lunch and was interested in the fruit and asked if he could have some with dinner. He is getting in-tune with the program. I always ate more fruit than him and now he is getting the drift that it really is good and good for you. Those I-o-wee-gee-ian meat and potato men. Me being from CA knew all about fresh fruits and veggies my whole growing years. I have introduced him to lots of them since we have been married. He just absolutely can't stand to even have broccoli on his plate but then I can't stand cantelope ~ the smell of it even makes me sick. I like broccoli and he likes cantelope. And we both love watermellon. Those little round seedless ones they call Sugar Babies are so good. We grow them. Life is good.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:55 AM   #13  

Good morning gals. It is quite warm here this morning. It is supposed to reach into the mid 50's today and up to 63 tomorrow. I will certainly take that!

Fortune is sick again. Seems like everytime I shampoo carpets he gets sick and has accidents Poor little guy. He probably just has a tummy ache as he isn't totally lacsidaisical. We gave him a little Pepto this morning and I will watch him today and if no more diahrrea give him eggs and rice like I usually do. The squirrel is hybernating so he hasn't brought stuff onto the deck. I wonder if it is the neighbors that are mad at us. I wouldn't put it past them. I try and keep stuff picked up on the deck so Fortune doesn't get into something, but I might have missed it.

They are going to deliver the dryer today, yeah! It has all kinds of settings so I think I will be happy with it. Jack picked it out and he is the king of the gadget guys so I am sure it will do everything but make us dinner!

Maggie: Pets can be such great fun. Fortune puts us in stitches all the time with his antics. 4 Corners as in New Mexico four corners? Pretty part of the country for sure. The only bad thing about Branson it is smack dab in the Ozarks so everything thing is hilly and usually steep. I would have to have a standard transmission in that town!

Jean: Yes, I had him put his hand up, but it still bothered him. He didn't slice it, he took a hunk out so it is not healing as fast. I cleaned it and rebandaged it last night and is is no longer bleeding or seeping, but the wound is still shiny on top so it hasn't started scabbing over yet. I put antiseptic on it every time I rebandage so it should be ok.

I am reading this good murder mystery at the moment and having a problem between two characters as to which one did it. You always discount the obvious one that they "red herring" you to think did the deed. It is called Deed to Death and only cost me 99 cents on my Iphone.

I guess my brother is coming along pretty well after his accident, but he says his knee and back still hurt him quite a bit and his pickup truck was totaled. I will have to ask him if the driver stopped or kept going. He is lucky he wasn't killed.

Nothing much else going on. Jack is going to take a vacation day today to help with the guys delivering the dryer since I have to contend with a sick doggy. Hopefully, he will feel better now that I gave him some Pepto.

Everyone have a great weekend. Hope you enjoyed the Walmart pics. I got a hoot out of them. I have actually seen several of these floating around and boy oh boy do some people go shopping in weird stuff. It is popular to go shopping in pjs and house slippers here. The blacks here love to wear their pajamas to shop in for some reason. Faye
Old 01-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #14  

Good Morning, Flowers! Ths is shining again -- hooray! It's supposed to be another nice day with colder temperatures and wind moving in for the weekend. We're going to Sioux City this afternoon; I have a Land's End shirt to return to Sears and will just look around a bit. There are huge sales all over right now. I could use a new blanket for our bed, new towels, etc. I'm not sure if we will be there long enough to see Beth and family or not. Sometimes she works late on Fridays if she goes in late.

"Gma" -- I'm sorry Fortune is having tummy issues again. I every time you mention giving him Pepto. Do you have laundry to do so you can try out your new dryer? I wish they could fold clothes too! I hope Jack's cut finger heals properly; there's nothing worse than a sore finger or toe imo. I was going to send you a WM picture but I had deleted it -- a VERY overweight woman had no top on and had pulled her elastic waistband "up" to cover her top. Gross! Kids wear their pj pants to school here -- boys and girls both. We do have a dress code but no one bothers to enforce it. Our superintendent turned in his resignation; it's good because the board wasn't going to renew his contract.

I have laundry going and need to work on my ironing pile. Have a great day and enjoy whatever you are going to do.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #15  
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Friday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

We just got home from our trip to our favorite butcher shop and it is 71 degrees as I type. Lovely day. Got fixed up with pocket pork chops and some other meat and my wonderful jerky. He makes the best as I probably said before. Had lunch at A&W and I ate what I planned ahead that I would do so I am patting myself on the back for that. I love it when a plan comes together. We took both the dogs and they rode peacefully. Will has gone for some things to wash the Jeep and bring me back a sf ff latte. Ragg Mopp is asleep here in my office and I do believe Beanie went with him. If he didn't he is out back somewhere. My blood work results are in and evidently the only thing they could find to tinker with is to lower my thyroid meds and have me report back for another blood draw in March.

DONNA FAYE I certainly hope your little guy gets over his tummy ache quickly. It is so pitiful when they get sick isn't it. Nice to have your carpet all clean once again though. Wonder what gets washed first then dried in that new dryer. You do know that fashion jammies are hanging on the racks to be used as street wear nowdays don't ya. You won't catch me wearing any though no matter how "high fashion" they become. The 4 corners are UT, NM, CO & AZ. Fun place to be.

JEAN Hope you find something you like to buy while shopping. OH please don't buy any fashion jammies though.

SUSAN Howdy.

Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 01-28-2011 at 04:26 PM.