General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #1  
It's me, Ashleyyy!

S/C/G: 291/~/185

Height: 5'8"

Talking Antique Freaque!!

I just want to dish about the AWESOME thrift store find I bought today for $5 big ones at my local goodwill. I am huge into antique mirrors and the general arabesque patterns found on a lot of stuff from that era. This mirror is an oval shape with an awesome vital frame. It looked like it might have started as a craft for someone who never finished it.It was half painted red.... And it looked awful, but i repainted it this beautiful antique teal. And it will look great with my new floral bedding by Martha Stewart. Today was a win!!
smashlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:33 PM   #2  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

You can't talk about a great find without snapping a pic or two of it. Unfair, I say!

Congratulations on the find, though. My latest was a 1957 book of "Tales for Girls" that has some terrific illustrations. (I also got a pair of tights with polka dots on them, but I'm not sure those are such a find, as the circular dots distort into longer and longer ovals the closer they are to the fattest parts of my thighs and butt like some sort of pantsy illustration of how black holes distort space-time...but I digress!)

Goodwill is awesome. <3
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #3  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Pics or it didn't happen!

Sounds lovely
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote