Old 01-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #1  
closed

S/C/G: 227.5/217.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Default My Challenge is set before me...

Hiya "chicks"! Well if there was something that I needed to kick my butt into gear -- I found out last night: My husband wishes to attend his 30th High School Reunion in June! Ya, I know.....AAAAHHHHHHRRRRRGGGGGG.

So, he has been finding ppl on a social network (not sure if we are allowed to name such things), and he has been reconnecting with all these ppl. They are planning a big shin-dig for the 30th. He said he really really wants to go...I said, "oh chit, I better get back on track" <--- that is what I said to myself, not him.

So here I am, more determined than ever! Yes, I know I should be losing this extra half a person for myself and for my health...but, this is a goal to aim for, not "ya, I know I should lose weight, I will, I will" does that make any sense?

So it's back to blogging, back to calorie counting, aiming to throw in some exercise, and away I go!

I have exactly 20 WEEKS!

Get used to seeing me here; without this place, I will not succeed.

~ flamanette ~
Flamanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Alright! Sounds like you're fired up! Just think how you'll be feeling when that rolls around! That's almost a half year, so just imagine!!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #3  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Guessing then that his school reunion is also your school (otherwise why are you motivated to get fit for a bunch of strangers?)

Just curious - of course the great thing is that you are motivated!!

Good luck with it and keep posting your progress.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:17 AM   #4  
closed

S/C/G: 227.5/217.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
Guessing then that his school reunion is also your school (otherwise why are you motivated to get fit for a bunch of strangers?)

Just curious - of course the great thing is that you are motivated!!

Good luck with it and keep posting your progress.
Nope, not my school at all! I have never met any of them, except through reading with my hubs on the social network. I want him to be proud of how I look; I don't want to make it sound like he is THAT shallow, I hope no one thinks that....I just want him to be happy to show off his wife.

And really that's just the surface of what has me all fired up. I want to FINALLY do this. I have, of late, been really scared about having a heart attack or coming down with diabetes or something. I don't need that on top of RA.

This event will be the short term goal I am aiming for; long term goal is over all health improvement.

I may be switching my plan; I have used low carb with much success in the past and I feel it calling me back home. I am doing alot of reading, thinking, and more reading. I will chose by tomorrow, do any food shopping and take off running!

Flamanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #5  
guineverenj

S/C/G: 176/167/145

Height: 5.7'

Hey Flam,
I totally understand and support your decision!! Your husband should be proud that you want to better yourself for him too! Even though you didnt tell him! I think you should be able to feel fantastic in 6 months. Just take it day bt day and make small decisions that moves your body more each day! and dont forget the old fashioned sit ups and push ups...you would me amazed how much they help and how quick you see a difference!!! Good Luck!
guineverenj is offline   Reply With Quote