South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #1  
Dancing Maddie

S/C/G: 175/155/120

Height: 5'4''

Default Afternoon Cravings

I been on south beach for the last few months and have lost over 20 pounds. I want to lose another twenty so I am starting phase 1 next week and going to do it for about 2 weeks before switching back to phase 2.
I been exercising alot: in fact every night for at least an hour doing cross fit, which is a military styles training workout and also am a dancer, so I dance with my company on the weekends.
I never cheat on my phase 2 except after lunch time. That's when the cravings hit. If I don't have some kind of fruit in my bag to stop the cravings I will go straight to the snack machine to get peanut butter m&m's. They are my ultimate weakness. I have been able to live without bread, and pasta, and sugar but when 3 o'clock hits, that's when I fold. I been trying to drink two glasses of water in between my lunch break and 3 o'clock but it doesn't seem to help.
Any tips or helpful hints on what to do to avoid this issue?

Last edited by Mabenda0; 01-20-2011 at 04:17 PM.
Mabenda0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #2  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

more often than not, it is just an issue of willpower - for me at least. i get the same thing, sometimes in the afternoon, other times right after dinner. i have to distract myself and tell myself "no! you're not doing that" to avoid hitting the candy or, my current craving, peanut butter pretzels.

have you tried just not doing it? it's really hard, especially the first day or two, but after telling your body no will eventually cause it to quit asking.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #3  
Dancing Maddie

I have not done it for like two weeks in a row and today I cracked. I think it is because of my lady time starting tomorrow. I never used to ever crave candy, I was more of a carb queen. I have been so good with avoiding bread for months now, its the candy that is killing me. Hopefully my phase 1 next week will go smoothly and I can avoid this issue :-)
Thanks for the help/
Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 161/156/<130

Height: 5"4"

mabenda you've done great! Your muscle tone must be really increasing with all that awesome exercise. I wonder if the body craves a bit more fuel when it is working so hard? Stick with a good snack would be my advice. And there's always coffee! Works for me!
plusmince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:53 AM   #5  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Try upping your protein at lunch time. That's my secret for kicking cravings.
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:40 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Or, when you have a craving, have something with protein first (like an egg, piece of cheese, small piece of meat, etc.). That usually kills it for me.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #7  
Dancing Maddie

Thanks for the tips guys. I am going to start phase 1 on Monday and am planning to have a clean 2 weeks.
@plusmince- I feel like all I want to do is eat. I am using so many of the calories I am taking in for energy that my body seemed to be begging for more.

Last edited by Mabenda0; 01-21-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Mebenda - when I have a craving, no matter what phase I'm on, I eat 1-2 T. of natural peanut butter, right off the spoon. If I'm hungry, I'll put it on celery (Ph1) or a piece of whole wheat toast (Ph2.) It is my go-to for cravings because even though it's not sugary sweet like regular peanut butter, it tricks my brain, and it also has protein which helps me with hunger. Maybe have a little PB with a glass of milk?
weezle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

Yogurt. I always crave something sweet in the afternoon so I find some plain ff yogurt with a touch of vanill and splenda really kicks it for me. The combination of the sweet flavor and the bit of protein really does it for me. I also have some crystal light hard candies for sugar emergencies.

And... I admit it. I am a regular peanut butter spoon licker.
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote