Old 01-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Default I think I am gonna be sick!

So, I've been not in the greatest of moods the last couple of days, but hanging in there. I missed one of my mini-meals today being preoccupied. And all of a sudden, I was ravenous and didn't want to make any food. Not that it takes very long, but the little fat demon on my other shoulder convinced me it would be fast and easy to eat cake batter. Just mix the cake mix and some water, don't even worry about the eggs. UGH! 1900 calories in a box of cake mix and I ate almost the whole thing. Now is is expanding in my nether regions and I feel AWFUL! I don't know why on earth I did that. I'm not typically a bingey kind of girl.

Lesson learned and that 1900 cals is not the end of the earth. I think I will skip dinner and my late night meal and just drink fluids and start all over again. And I most definitely will NOT do THAT again! EWWWW! What was I thinking! I guess the point is that I need to always keep track of my food. In the overall scheme of things, those cake batter calories wont be the end of the earth, but they may be the end of me ;-)

Barb

Last edited by angelskeep; 01-18-2011 at 08:23 PM.
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/214/130

Height: 5"2

You are honest with everyone and that is a big deal. I cant tell u how many times i have fudged on my food diary because i didnt want the person who looked at it to see how bad i was. i only fooled myself HUH
Linn C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:47 PM   #3  

LOL! My backside knows even if the neighbors can't tell right away ;-) And my tummy feels awful!!! I'm just drinking tea and waiting until tomorrow and hoping it feels better!

Barb
Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 AM   #4  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Barb - How are you feeling today? Good for you to put it behind you (no pun intended there) and get back to your normal routine. Hope you're feeling MUCH much better!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Barb-I'm so sorry you lost control yesterday. I didn't see this until now or would have commented then. Glad you can forgive and forget and go on! I hope it never happens again, but I think I would have made sure I got plenty of fiber after that....from raw veg or high fiber cereal. Fiber really cleans our bodies out and maybe it would have helped move that along in your system.

Do you have a close friend or family member you could literally call on the phone if something like that ever tempts you again? It might help you get your mind off of it until you can think straight.

I also wonder if you are depriving yourself of too much on your plan?? Not allowing yourself enough calories or food choices might have led you to make the cake batter choice. I may be way off base, but just trying to help you figure this out so it doesn't happen again.

Keep your chin up!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 01-19-2011 at 02:52 PM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Barb, I am sorry this happened, but great that you can talk about it. I know if we miss a meal or snack that can be a trigger to overeat cause we are already hungry to begin with. Good job with moving on though.
Somthing that has helped me is to just take a moment before a potential binge when i am very hungry and just tell myself that if I eat something without overdoing it my it will take about 15 - min to feel content about it. Then I will feel okay physically and my mind will calm down as well and tehn I will also be happy I did not overdo it. I have given in way way to many times so I really have to be on guard during ALL day about this it does take some work but it is rewarding.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #7  

Thanks, everyone. I'm still not sure why, but it's okay...stuff happens, and if we are smart, we recover and just keep going.

Annie-maybe I am too strict, but I'm not thinking so. It's def. a change from all the Christmas junk to eating clean, but I do have my frsoty Fridays and I refuse to eat stuff I don't like. I suspect I just forgot to eat and then the temptation of cake batter nailed me. Thankfully, it isn't something I have to deal with all the time...the binging stuff I mean. And it was "only" cake mix, not 100 boxes of it or a gazillion cheeseburgers. Nothing that caused me to go to the store for more junk. LOL!

If there's some kind of deficiency in my diet, I'll figure it out. I really think that my attitude is seriously connected to the amount of exercise...outdoor time, actually. And when that falls apart, everything else seems suspect too.

I usually don't get tempted by anything except cookies/cookie dough...and there's NONE of that around here this time of year for sure.

Dinner tonight is flax seed tempeh, a huge pile of spinach and other raw veg, and quinoa cooked with veg, and broth and the aromatic spices. And for dessert (my 10pm mini-meal) I get the whole grain cereal, almond milk and cranberries. Earlier was ham and 1/2 a pita and then eggbeaters and feta. All really good stuff.

I am most grateful for all the gals on here!

Barb
Old 01-19-2011, 08:36 PM   #8  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Barb - glad you sound better today. Do you notice your moods shift according to sunny days/gray gloomy crummy days? My whole family says that I'm affected a great deal by the sun/lack of sun. They can tell from my voice or emails whether we've got a sunny day or not! Just wondering if that's a factor for you at any point. We don't get much sun here in the winter at all... and my sister is in colorado and lords it over me! ha ha. Punk that she is.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I always have a high fiber bowl of cereal before bed, too!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote