Old 01-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #1  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Height: 5'5"

Default (Re)Introduction

Hello fellow chickadees!

My post title is a "reintroduction" because I've been here before: about a year, year and a half ago I was on 3FC and doing pretty well, but then, I don't know. Got lazy, stopped tracking, stopped caring. Doesn't really matter what excuse I can come up with, fact is I gained all my weight back and, according to my scale about an hour ago, an extra 10 lbs.

Being the new year and all, it seems like a perfect time to jump back on the weight lose routine, right? And yet, knowing that and knowing that I really really need to lose weight, I've been waffling for, oh, three weeks now. But then, yesterday, I had an email from my younger sister telling me how concerned she is for my weight and health and how our parents just want us to be healthy and I don't know. It hit hard. I know I'm obese and I know how bad it is, but I guess maybe I was hiding all 303lbs of me from my family? (Ridiculous. Denial can be so powerful sometimes).

Eventually I also found out that one of the reasons this came about is because my mom and sister were talking over Christmas and my mom thought about taking the family to the Harry Potter Themepark for my 30th birthday in November. Problem is, my sister had informed her once in confidence about a time I had gone to an amusement park with my cousins and was too fat to ride one of the rides. They decided it would make a horrible birthday if I got all the way to Florida and couldn't ride some of the rides (especially since I've read that there ARE rides that people have had trouble fitting on. I don't know if my fam knows that or not, they were just speaking in a general kind of way because of my weight.)

Obviously, getting to a themepark is not the best motivation out there, but I feel like the email from my sister and my upcoming 30th birthday is the push I needed after waffling for the past few week. I've done WW on my own before and was very successful, and part of that success was due to 3FC, so that's why I am here again.
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:35 AM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Welcome, Tudor Rose - I'm not in this group normally, but am going to ww meetings - just started myself. Good luck with your progress - November is a long time to make serious progress - that's a great goal - not something SO quick that just adds panic to the situation What a kind younger sister - do you see her often? Or will she be surprised the next time she sees you?
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #3  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hit submit too quickly - I was on my way to saying my goal is to surprise my family the next time I see them ... but then I got a ticket to see them the end of Feb., so won't be that much diff... but hey - it's a goal, right?
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:08 AM   #4  
Wrap dress addicted

S/C/G: 185/185/166

Height: 5'5 -- that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I love your user name, Tudor Rose!!!
NYGiantsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #5  
girl disappearing

nationalparker, my sister lives out of state and I see her every few months. So, yes, hopefully I'll be able to stay focused and surprise her the next time I see her!

NYGiantsGirl, thank you! I'm totally obsessed with reading books on the Tudors, Henry VIII and his wives specifically :-)
Old 01-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #6  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Welcome and Welcome Back! Any reason that gets you started is good enough! I can't wait until I feel comfortable at theme parks! The key is not stopping. Keep going and best wishes with your goals.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Tudor Rose I remember you from way back that is about the time my halo slipped off my round little head and for this past 1 1/2 years or so I gained it all back too peas in a pod so to speak...and same story it took me until 2 weeks ago to convince myself to start it back up.

I was/am having a harder time staying motivated but bless my daughter she bought us both a diet journal from a book store and believe it or not it gave me the motivation to start counting those points.

Still have not worked up to the exercise part but I see it comming back

hope you post often it seems like you did before
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:41 AM   #8  
girl disappearing

Thanks Nancy, I remember you, too

I did post often before, or at least tried to. I know being involved in this forum really helped me before, so here's hoping being active this time around will also be a big help!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:01 PM   #9  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

This is great and today I did not do so well...tomorrow is another day
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote