Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

Default recovering, there is hope!

i haven't been on the boards in a while, but i used to frequent chicks in control.
i have a history of binge eating and food addictions.
i can't quite explain how i've come out of it. after years (literally) of waking up each morning and saying today's the day, i finally made it happen.

i've dropped about 10-15lbs since the fall when i was actually able to commit.
one big big help that always seems to be key when i succeed is keeping a food journal.

nothing fancy, just jot down the food i ate and the calories per food.
i can't explain why it's suddenly working, doing this is nothing new, for years i would wake up and jot down my food intake, but by the end of the day i would have blown it so bad that i wouldn't record it.

i think one thing i did different, and if nothing else it forced me to see the consequences of each bite of food, is that if i did over eat, no big deal, i would just start the next day in a sort of calorie deficit. so if my goal is 1500 calories and i over shot that by 600, i would start the next day with already 600calories on the board, and only 900 left for the day.

i think it kind of forced me to think of ways that i could make it through that day without going over my remaining calorie allotment.

well, regardless of the reason, i've been able to stick with this and drop a bit of wieght and i think the results are self motivating.

something else that helped me get going was microwave bags of popcorn. they are relatively low in calories, sometimes less than 300/bag and it gives you something to binge on without going over.

i hope this might help someone. i guess the flexibility also helped, by allowing myself to put over consumed calories on the next day. so it's not like the current day is a complete failure, i can still make amends the next day.
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote