Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #1  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Help! Need new ideas

I have found that I am falling into a slump of eating the same foods over and over. I feel like it's my comfort zone and I know I can't go wrong with these meals/snacks so I stick with them. I am starting to get tired of the same stuff though and I think it's showing on the scale as my loss is slowing dramatically. I need a fresh change. Some new stuff to try.

So if you don't mind, share your snack ideas and meal ideas(breakfast, lunch, dinner) that you just love with me!

WW friendly of course.
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

The message boards on the WW site are free.You will get a ton of ideas on there.My favs are recipe review and on the points plus plan.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:04 AM   #3  
one pound at a time

Thanks! I am not crazy about the WW boards, but will check it out.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

I run into the same thing.... here are a few things I have been eating

Breakfast: Slice of wheat bread with 1/2 serving of Nutella, a banana, and a tangerine

Lunch: veggie burger on 1 slice of wheat bread (cut in half), green beans

Snack: Yogurt with high-fiber cereal mixed in
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #5  
one pound at a time

I LOVE Nutella but haven't had it in months. I have been very fearful of eating it since joining WW. I can only imagine it's pretty high in points and not sure how filling it is. I am still trying to find a good substitute for good ole' peanut butter, which I love and miss. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightahead View Post
I run into the same thing.... here are a few things I have been eating

Breakfast: Slice of wheat bread with 1/2 serving of Nutella, a banana, and a tangerine

Lunch: veggie burger on 1 slice of wheat bread (cut in half), green beans

Snack: Yogurt with high-fiber cereal mixed in
Old 01-16-2011, 11:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/175.3/TBD

Height: 5'2

Yeah, I think 1/2 a serving is 3 points... I find it a satisfying way to curb my chocolate cravings.... and the breakfast comes to about 5 points, which is in my breakfast range. It's not in good health guidelines though, so I know I will have to cycle to something that is healthier from time to time!
straightahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm making stuffed cabbages from the WW site, http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/p...RecipeID=98991

They were so easy! And so tasty.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #8  
one pound at a time

How funny! When making my list for the grocery store I was searching recipes on WW site and found that one. I went back and forth and decided to try it since I am buying cabbage anyway and we LIVE on ground turkey breast. But I wasn't sure if I would like it with just diced tomatoes or if I should add in a bit of spaghetti sauce or something. I am definitely going to try them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
I'm making stuffed cabbages from the WW site, http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/p...RecipeID=98991

They were so easy! And so tasty.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 137/130/119

Height: 5'4''

Breakfast - I alternate between a few - eggs with whole wheat toast and peanut butter (with fruit), yogurt with berries and granola/cereal, healthy french toast with fruit

Lunch - In the winter I make a lot of healthy soups/chilis for dinner so I eat the leftovers for lunch. I also like salads and carrot sticks to help fill me up for 0 to 1 points (olive oil on salad). In the summer I like hummus with veggies and deli meat on flat bread.

Dinner- Various recipes
ainsleymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschaff04 View Post
How funny! When making my list for the grocery store I was searching recipes on WW site and found that one. I went back and forth and decided to try it since I am buying cabbage anyway and we LIVE on ground turkey breast. But I wasn't sure if I would like it with just diced tomatoes or if I should add in a bit of spaghetti sauce or something. I am definitely going to try them though.
I didn't have plain tomatoes so I used spaghetti sauce. Use white rice, the brown still isn't done after an hour of cooking.... And I added salt to the cabbage water, and some extra spices to the mix. It is tasty, and very easy.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:55 PM   #11  
Less of a Better Me

I eat a lot of the same things and for me find that it helps keep me focused on weight loss.

A few things --

WW string cheese
Cheese bites -- different flavors - a pack is 3 pointsplus

Nuts -- a variety of different types - I do measure these carefully

Popcorn Indiana Cinnamon Sugar popcorn - 3 cups is 4 points; 2.5 cups is 3 points

WW Smart Ones Peanut butter dessert - 4 points

Lunch - Nature's own 100% whole wheat sandwich rounds, Tyson grilled chicken breast, mustard (different flavors) and sometimes Sargento low fat pepper jack cheese.

Can be meal or snack depending on how much - Hummus with whole wheat tortilla - I found a 1 point tortilla that I like to use (note 2 of them are 3 points).
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #12  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

My favorite snack is microwavable edamame pods. One package is 2pts and it keeps me full for quite some time.
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:43 PM   #13  
one pound at a time

Mmmm, I love olive oil! But it racks up points so fast that I find myself avoiding it like the plague. I know it's a good oil so it's not so bad but I still get a little nervous using it sometimes. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsleymom View Post
Breakfast - I alternate between a few - eggs with whole wheat toast and peanut butter (with fruit), yogurt with berries and granola/cereal, healthy french toast with fruit

Lunch - In the winter I make a lot of healthy soups/chilis for dinner so I eat the leftovers for lunch. I also like salads and carrot sticks to help fill me up for 0 to 1 points (olive oil on salad). In the summer I like hummus with veggies and deli meat on flat bread.

Dinner- Various recipes
Old 01-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #14  
one pound at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnycow126 View Post
My favorite snack is microwavable edamame pods. One package is 2pts and it keeps me full for quite some time.
Hmmm, I have never tried edamame, what is it?
Old 01-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #15  
one pound at a time

Went to the grocery store! Found The Laughing Cow Light Queso Fresco & Chipotle wedges and decided to try them. I found some tortillas that are only 1 point per tortilla and they are pretty big. I smeared the wedge on the tortilla added a few slices of deli smoked turkey and sliced tomato and OMG soooooooooooooo delish!