Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default focusing more on protein...again...what a difference!

I should know after almost 3 years to focus more on protein than anything else and I have, but have for the last 2 years added food that is higher in carbs along with the necessary protein. I realized that I shouldn't and that it was contributing to my weight gain and feelings of lethargy.

Well, I had an appointment with my GP to discuss that fact that I have developed more and more symptoms related to my autoimmune disorder. He suggested changing my diet. I have for the last 3 days cut out most of my carbs and limited my dairy. It was difficult at first, but I am starting to feel so much better. Not only my autoimmune symptoms have improved, I am not having as much pain in my intestines. What a difference that makes! I didn't realize how much the underlying pain was affecting my day to day existence.

Still stuggling to do what I want to do but here I am again going back to doing what my surgeon told me I would have to do the rest of my life. *sigh* Ok, back to it!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 01-15-2011 at 09:18 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Glad you're feeling better- have you been tested for a gluten intolerance? I know that stomach pain and lethargy goes along with that . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #3  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Well, this diet is almost glutten free. It could very well be a sensitivity to glutten, but I ate 3 steak fries off my boyfriend plate last night and got sick again. I think it's more to do with the carbs. But I am staying away from wheat and the like anyway.

Pain and lethargy are great motivators!

Angela
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote