Old 01-13-2011, 10:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/150

Height: 5'3"

Question Does it work?

Okay, so I've been debating about whether or not to do WW with a coworker, and decided that financially it wasn't an option for me. I mean, I know there are plenty of success stories out there and WW has been around forever, but will it work for me? That was what I couldn't answer, what I couldn't get past and justify spending however much money every week. I just decided I'd figure out a way to lose 60 pounds on my own.

So my coworker mentioned it again today, and I told her I wouldn't be able to do it. I have too many debts to pay off, thanks to the wonderful soon-to-be ex-husband. She comes up with this idea, that she thinks is just great, and manages to floor me in the process. She's decided to offer me a deal: she'll pay for it, and if I make goal I don't have to pay her back. The woman has to love me and have serious faith in me if she'd willing to do something like that! I mean, she's my boss! I realize this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, but I still have reservations.

I have PCOS and am insulin resistant. Will that make any difference on WW? Can I still lose the weight? Somebody please give me suggestions!!!!!
leimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:41 PM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

WW does work, but calorie counting does too. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of WW.

Read around the forums here, there is a thread for PCOS folks.

Lots of good info here. Do your research! In the end, it's up to you and what you can sustain for the rest of your life.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #3  
Less of a Better Me

Research has pretty much shown that every flavor of reasonable weight loss program works.

However, some programs may work better for some people than other programs. That is WW might work better for me than a very low fat diet while for someone else Atkins works best.

You need a plan that for you will be one that you can stick to.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Read some of the threads here about what is working for people. It works if you work it.

It's $40/month if you buy the monthly pass, and you get access to the etools so you can track online and on your phone if you have apps.

For me, that $40 is part of my health & wellness budget. And honestly my grocery (and pizza) budget has gone down by more than that per month.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I think that was so nice of your co-worker!!! means she really cares about ya I agree with the above posters, check out the pcos thread, see what is working for them to lose weight and that fits in with the ww plan then go for it!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

You can definately do this!

I have 3 children, a Paramedic Student, and have suffered from Hypothyroidism for over 10 years. My husband is the only one working and we have mountains of debt but I manage to scrape money together to pay for both my weekly meetings and gym membership!

I have lost almost 100 pounds and it will be exactly one year January 20th!

Don't sell yourself short, you can do this!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #7  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Delta has a good suggestion.

I did WW for months without paying for it. If you have the materials and a support system, you really don't *need* to go to the meetings or pay the monthly fee.

Good luck
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/150

Height: 5'3"

I'm going to take up my friend's offer and do WW! I'm really excited about it. Went to go sign up today, but they were closed. Have to take a really long lunch Thursday for sign up.
leimel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #9  

Good luck. You can totally do this!!
Bunti is offline   Reply With Quote