Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 12:57 PM   #1  

Unhappy Newbie, Really Struggling!

Hi everybody,
Well I am new here & have made a committment to myself to post here often which will hopefully help me to stay on track.Right now I have been on WW since June & have lost a total of 18 lbs. For the last 4 weeks I have'nt lost anything! I feel like I am head on with an issue & I cannot get past it yet. I am not sure what it is but it is real. The pain is so intense & I am very depressed right now. This is so hard to write. I feel like a complete failure. I have over 100#'s to lose & have struggled with my weight for years. It has been 5 months & I havent even hit 10% yet. Every week when I go there are people who lose 3-5 #'s in a week & I am lucky to lose 1#. For 4 weeks I have not even followed WW. I just keep going & not really getting anything. I hate who I am in this fat body. That is why I am writing, I am trying to breakthrough this place that I am at. I know this is all very deep, but I had to write these things down, it is very therapeautic.
Gwen
Old 11-24-2002, 07:12 PM   #2  
DNW

Red face It's Not that Bleak

Dear Gwen:

You are in the right place. And I am a slow loser and need to lose 106 lbs. too so don't give up. You also say you haven't been following your program...well...that could be part of the problem. There is a thread for people who have depression problems and also need to lose weight...you might want to post there.

As far as hating yourself that doesn't really give you any motivation to change, so it's not going to help the weight loss. It's just precious engery wasted.

Good luck and keep the faith..little steps make big miles!
Old 11-27-2002, 11:00 AM   #3  

Thanks deadnursewife for the encouragement, I needed it! By the way what exactly does deanursewife mean? I am doing much better now. What are you doing for thanksgiving? Are you counting points? Any ideas for low point foods on turkey day? I will be eating alot of veggies! Well Happy Thanksgiving! : )
Gwen
Closed Thread