South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-06-2011, 02:59 AM   #1  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

Default Phase 1 Approved Cool Whip?

I was at the grocery store earlier today stocking up to start phase one tomorrow and decided, if need be and I got a super "can't deal or i'll eat my own hand" type sugar craving I'd resort to eating a SF Jello w/ cool whip...problem is none of the cool whip was SBD Ph 1 approved as all of them had sugar added!!

I ended up deciding that a table spoon of whipping cream (whipped with stabilizer) wouldn't be horrible, though I realize due to fat content isn't approved...

My question is, any other Canadians able to find SBD approved cool whip?!
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8"

I am not Canadian, so have no idea what is available to you, but do think the whipping cream is a better choice than the cool whip. South Beach is about whole foods. Cool Whip is 100% artificial crap.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I don't know about Canada, but here in the states the Sugar-Free Cool Whip has the SBD logo on it. It still has some questionable ingredients in it, though, so be sure it use it sparingly.
How about trying a dollop of fat-free yogurt on your jello, instead?
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

In Canada we have Cool Whip Light, Cool Whip Low Fat, and regular old Cool Whip. All have corn syrup among the first ingredients.

So I think the only way to find SBD-friendly Cool Whip is to go on a cross-border shopping trip!
shelflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #5  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Honestly.. im Canadian and i can only find regular and light cool whip and i figure..if it comes down between having a tbsp of cool whip on my sugar free jello or losing my diet challenge to a simple craving going out of control and turning into sabatoge, i rather take the tbsp of cool whip.. If you look at the container though, it says 3 carbs for 3tbsp i believe? So..i dont think it will kill you if its once in a wihle..but i rather take the tbsp then lose my diet to a binge.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote