Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #1  

Smile Follow up- doc told me & hubby to get moving & I think it worked!

For anyone that followed my other post I thought I'd give an interesting update. Yesterday hubby and I went to the docs for my back. I have been having minimal issues related to lifting some patients that he thinks will be cleared up with some PT. I told the doc that I am back to exercising and I am working on getting this weight off. But I was hesitant to do any core exercises because I was afraid of further injuring my back. He said the PT will show me safe exercises I can do to strengthen my core to help improve my back but also strengthen my abdomen and than even when PT is over I can continue them. Then he said as for exercising he wants me to keep exercising, forever. He had a way of saying it that was encouraging not condencending or judgmental. He said when you are dead in the grave you can stop. But you need to make exercise a regular part of your life and never stop.

He then said to my husband that he should also do the exercises I learn at PT to strengthen his core because it's good for everyone and that my husband needs to make exercise a regular everyday part of his life too.

It's a coincidence that this happened a few days after I was trying to get him to be regularly active with me. It seems my husband also felt motivated by the doctor. So I'm hoping this will get him moving with me. My husband then said it would be nice if the two of us got in shape together. I have to follow up in 6 weeks so both my husband and I will be held accountable for what we do in the next 6 weeks. Sometimes we need to hear things from certain people. I know I'm like that too!

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 01-04-2011 at 06:00 PM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

That is awesome!!!
My hubby is on this journey with me for the first time. He is my height and was around 210. He is now about 191. The thing that motivated him was cholesterol was so high the doc wanted him on meds. He doesn't want to take them (he is only 35) so since I have been trying to lose, about 2 months in he got on the health bandwagon. I definitely think supporting each other and celebrating each others' success helps. He is getting ready to go in and take another blood test here in the next month. I'm hoping it works for him. He wants to lose another 10-15 lbs. I get to where I want him to lose it for him, but darn it, slow down, I want to weigh less! I've got about 24 lbs to go before I catch him. LOL!!!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote