Old 01-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

Default I'm back--and need help/support

Ok, had this great big "speech" all typed up and decided to cut the bull. I quit watching what I ate and got "chunky" again. Had been on Atkins years ago,LOVED the way I felt LOVED that I was never hungry and LOVED that it was easy to lose weight this way. For some reason the last couple times I've tried to get back on track, I haven't been able to. But with my weight increasing (though my food intake isn't) I need to step it up and get serious about getting healthy! So...

Hi, my name is Brenda and I'm a carb-addict. I started induction yesterday and already cheated last night with about a cup of popped popcorn. Not a good way to start. Today is another day and time to look past that and realize I CAN do this! I'm going to need help and support, which is why I'm making it part of my routine to come HERE every day
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Brenda!

My weight was creeping up without me eating much more in terms of volume, too - I guess I started to notice my metabolism slow down. This made me re-evaluate just WHAT I was eating, not just how much. I am also a carb addict in a bad, bad way!

If you are finding induction hard to get into again, what is helping me is thinking of it as "only" 2 weeks. I only have to eat this way 2 weeks, then if at the end of 2 weeks that ice cream is STILL calling my name, I will have some and accept going off-plan that day. But in order to allow that I have to follow the rules to a T for the next 14 days. I have a sneaking suspicion though that the ice cream won't be nearly as tempting after two weeks of clean eating! But it's a funny little way I am able to trick my brain. Maybe it will work for you with the popcorn.

Good luck, hope to hear from you again!
abluvion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217.5/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Bren, Welcome!

We have all been there and done that, which is why we are here! Good luck to you and you can do this. The popcorn, well really its empty calories. You get no satisfaction from it, and I am almost positive you felt awful after eating it. Let it go, move on, like you said today is a new day. Start fresh, eat clean and you will succeed.
amberbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #4  

I love a good reality check! It's the only way to make it all the way to goal! Cheering you on!
martinimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:43 PM   #5  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Someone posted a quote I really like:

"Failure is an incident, an event. Failure is NEVER a person."

My name is Joy, and I'm a carb addict. But I'm also a great mom, a really good teacher, a loyal friend, and a believer in people.

I know we can do this; after all, we've done it before. I lost 80 pounds on Atkins, looked amazing, felt fabulous...broke my ankle badly, damaged the other foot because I was avoiding using the broken one, moved as little as possible for two years...worked my way through a heartbreaking divorce (aren't they all?) and gained all of it back, plus 20 pounds.

I'm on my way back to feeling good and looking good on Atkins. We will make it. Every time I go off plan, I just go right back on - immediately. You know how this works; it's just one meal, one snack at a time. One foot in front of the other until Atkins becomes habit again. I'm wishing you all good things.
sandyfanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/187/140

Height: 5ft4.5in

Thanks everyone for being so encouraging! I've managed to stay OP for the last 2 days...well, if we don't count the lack of water. Working on upping that, but hard to drink all that water when it makes me pee every 5 minutes (or so it seems) and I have to work in the evenings (and can't get to the bathroom every 5-15 minutes). But I am cutting back on the soda, so the water intake should be picking up as well. thanks again everyone for the warm welcome!!
BrenM is offline   Reply With Quote