Old 01-03-2011, 06:45 PM   #1  
Persistance loses weight

S/C/G: 216/177/136

Height: 5'7"

Default How long do your plateaus last?

I have been on a plateau for two weeks now, which hasn't bothered me too much because of the holidays, but could get old if it lasts much older. How long do you typically plateau for?
skinnycow126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #2  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

I'm curious to hear from people who have been doing WW longer than me. My weight loss has stalled but I know that my daily average for points is probably higher than it should be for me to lose the last 10-13 pounds.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #3  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies.

First off, although there is a perfectly great mathematical formula for weight loss, your body does not know that. Weight loss is not linear, it can bounce all over the place. As long as it's on a downward trend, don't worry.

Skinny, if you were not on plan real well over the holidays, I wouldn't consider it a plateau. Get back on plan, rev up your exercise and losses will start up again.

River, are you doing the old plan or the new one? Maybe you should recalculate your daily points. I know the first time I lost from 195 to 145, the last 10 were stubborn as all get out. Adding some long, fast paced walks on the weekends did the trick. I didn't lower my points, as that was the old plan and I didn't think I could get by on less than 24/day. I have a very active job, and any less just would have left me starving all the time.

My best advice, stick with it, it will work, if you work it.

Hope that helps!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #4  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

Thanks for the advice and encouragement Janelle.

I'm super active, training for a half marathon, and I am sure the last 10 will be coming off whenever they feel like. I always think I'm plateauing and then when I look at the average or trend I see that it's coming. I'm not known for my patience, but like you said, just going to stick with it. The alternative is not a good one.

Oh, and forgot to answer the question, I'm doing the new plan. I shouldn't be complaining, just started December 1 and lost 7lbs, just haven't lost the past 2 weeks and was curious about what you more experienced folks thought.

Last edited by river; 01-03-2011 at 09:03 PM.
river is offline   Reply With Quote