Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 08:04 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Tuesday, November 19t

Good Morning,

Tippy that comment you made about your daughter in law had me almost peeing in my pants, you are so bad !!!! ROFLMFAO

Boss will be in a little late today - Yahooo !
Nothing much is new, SOSDD. MIL is still in the hospital LONG STORY but she's just laying there fading away (prob 75 lbs by now). I've been yelling at hubby to shake the hospital and doctors up and especially his father.....FINALLY !!!! him and his brother are doing something. Whats with men ?

Gotta go shoe shopping anyone wanna come ?? I'm very abusive to my shoes and I think the last time I bought some for work was a few years ago, so I'm due I love suede (sp?)

Back to work !

Have a wonderful day everyone !!

Love, Leenie

Last edited by Leens; 11-19-2002 at 08:07 AM.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:26 AM   #2  

Good morning all! It is a lovely rainy day here in southern Louisiana. Like we need any more rain! I tried to walk in my back yard this weekend and nearly sank. I wouldn't be surprised if one day I went home and found an alligator in the back yard.

Leens - I love shoe shopping. Hubby says I have to many. WHAT!!! Is that possible? He doen's understand the whole difference with each black shoe thing.

Hope everyone is having a great day! I'll check back in later.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:25 PM   #3  

Default Hi all

Leenie, if your boss is coming in late today, where is my EMAIL? You have no excuse.

Kem, I would like the rain please. .. but just on the weekends.

Not much up here today.. working and slaving my life away. Had nummy spaghetti squash and flatulence soup. I finally had to bite the bullet last night and turn on the heater. I set it at 65 and that feels fine. One nice side effect of the wintery weather is that it is cold in the mornings.. makes exercising a lot easier. Of course getting out of the warm bed is more difficult... sigh .. it's always something.

I found out that I may be able to get some hours during our Christmas shut down. That will be terrific, as I don't get paid unless I work.. the perils of being a contractor.. My mother isn't too happy, but she and my stepfather are coming to the Bay Area in january anyway... so I feel less guilty.

I have spent a lot of time getting mentally prepared for the onslaught of yummy foods, dinners.. etc tyhat come with the holidays. I am NOT going to be a statitic that gained 5-7 pounds or more during the holidays. I can have fun without gorging myself, I can have a few of the special treats without blowing my diet. I was watching the FoodTv show called "cooking thin". One of her strategies is that for every special fattening low calorie treat, you must have 3 healthy treats. So in order to eat a cookie, have 3 vegetable sticks.. etc. I am going to try and practice that one.. especially at potlucks.. yikes!!

Hope everyone else is having a nice day.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:51 PM   #4  

Leenie, what I posted about my DIL is the plain unvarnished truth. Oy vey! The other night R and I got into a conversaion about my personality. He said that people either love me or can't stand me! There are the perils of having a confident, out spoken personality. The number of people liking me far out number the others. Like, I care if people like me or not....

Today, I fell asleep for a bit and now feel groggy. Hate that! am making our evening meal to reheat. I'm doing some laundry and sewing. Also doing some church crap. That reminds me that I have to phone Pastor. Sticky situation as we were very active in getting him to announce his resignation.

See you all later.....

P.S. I read this in another forum and wanted to share this advice:
Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time!
Old 11-19-2002, 01:12 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Okay you guys have me cracking up !!

Kem men just don't understand ANYTHING ! I bought Grace her first pair of shoes about a month ago, they were $40, expensive but thats my little pnut and I want good shoes on her feet. So Jim says can't we start buying her shoes when she's around 3 years old ????????????????????? where does something like that come from ????????? enuf said.

Linny flatulence soup - love it love it love it ROFL !!! Email on its way. 1 cookie for 3 carrots ohhhhhhhh thats to good to be true...3 carrots in dip for one brownie whooooohooo I know I know !!

Tippy you don't have to tell me about your personality, I think I've witnessed it enuf times.........and guess what ? I still love you even if you are the queen of farts !

Meg, Lizzy, April, Cathy and the rest of you nutty chicks ? whats happening in your world ?

TTYL, Love Leens
Old 11-19-2002, 02:22 PM   #6  

I don't think I would wish this rain on anyone. I'll make a deal you send snow my way and I'll send the rain. Last year we had about 2 flurries at my house. TWO! I can't belevie I even saw them. I was straining. I think I may be getting sick because of this stupid weather. Sometimes I wish I lived where there were distinct seasons. Other times I love it here.

I will have to remember that food advice next week. I love getting together with the family but augh enough with the food already. If one person gets something to eat everybody feels like they need to eat too. Talk about peer pressure.
Old 11-19-2002, 04:37 PM   #7  

I just did a beautiful post and it disappeared!

Hello everyone! I will post more later....I have lots to say!

Eliz
Old 11-19-2002, 04:46 PM   #8  

Sorry to hear about that liz. I wish I could have read it. I cna't wait until you post again. Talk to you later.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:18 PM   #9  

Angry What a day!

I am proud to say I made it through today!

I woke up bright and early and got my two dd's out the door and on the bus for grade K and 6....then I got to cleaning the house...I had to babysit a five year old and one year old twins!

We all arrived together after Kindergarten and the house was sooo whipped into shape that my dd 4 says...wow this is a new house! Darn.,.caught!

Anyhow the mom left and shortly there after one of the twins chairs tipped....oh dear ...all was well...I devoted myself to them every minute until I laid them on the couch....one on each end and they went to sleep...wow was I relieved! The mom didn't even hate me for letting her kid fall...I think she could see how horrible I felt

There is so much more....I'll save the rest for tomorrow.

Eliz
Old 11-20-2002, 12:12 AM   #10  

Default Tuesday, November 19 th

Hi ladies,

I haven't been here today...until now....have been feeling sort of sad & down today. It started about 11 A.M. for no reason. Haven't had a day like this in a while. Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better.

Leenie....I hate shoe shopping...I have wide feet & find it hard to find shoes that fit properly.

April
Old 11-20-2002, 12:25 AM   #11  

Default Hugs to you April

((((((April)))))))

Eliz
Closed Thread