Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #195

I am starting a new thread to start off the New Year.

Joanne - Hope you get your shoulder feeling better. This has to be your year, as the last couple have not been the best for you.

Mima - hope the Aspercreme works for you. Like you, I can't take anti-inflammatories, so have to rely on other options. The twist is SUCH fun, but I fear if I tried that, I wouldn't be moving until after a visit to the Chiro lol The arthritis is in the Facet Joints, and they are the joints that give you the ability to have motion, so twisting and turning are out of the question. I am good for a waltz

Candice - you didn't say much, but hope you are feeling better.

My gdaughter has now gone back home. Sure enjoyed the week with her. Had my daughter and SIL and Ashley, cousin and her hubby over for dinner yesterday. Had a nice day, and ended up with a game of cards. Just feeling the pits today, as every muscle in my body hurts. The weather has warmed up and it snowed a bit, so that explains the pain. I do sooooo well when it is -30 and the air is DRY. Not much pain from either OA or FM then.

Everybody enjoy the day, and I will endeavor to find somebody who can PIN this for us.
Happy Canuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:54 AM   #2  

Thanks Anne-Happy New Year. I am congested today-hope it's allergies. Going to weigh in this morning-I am not serious about losing. But I am exercising.
can't wait til Suzanne comes down here with Lily. She is nervous about coming. Like if Lily poops and she can't change her diaper=lol. Lily is so good-she will be fine. They keep me in pics and videos. Bye for now Mima
Mima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #3  

Thanks happy for the new thread The weather does that to me too and if I get chilled I hurt really bad too.

Mima...Why can't she change her? Good you are exercising.

Hi Joanne...your shoulder better?

I good friend of mine passed away New Years eve...after a 3 year battle with colon cancer...I miss her still got gifts here for her WE used to go out and eat before she got sick.

Weather is better here right now..a bit warmer and snow is melting.
Candicej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #4  

Candice, so sorry to hear about your loss. When people are so ill, it is a blessing when they go, but still hard on the ones left behind. Sending you soft hugs ((((((Candice))))))

Mima - when is your daughter arriving? That will be nice for you and you can visit with baby.

Going to get my teeth cleaned today. Chiro yesterday. Will be like a new woman soon.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:44 AM   #5  

Went to visitation for my friend....she looked good and I know she is not in pain anymore but I really do miss her. She had firbromyalgia too and we met in a water class back in the ealry 90's. She was so much fun to be with and loved to eat and loved for me to bake for her. I'm sending her sister a card and note about what a great person she was.( my way of greiving) Her sister used to come to water class with her, we had lots of fun.

Happy....all my print on the websites is so tiny I can't read it. What do I need to do??? It was not this way before today?????
Old 01-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #6  

Click on the % number at the bottom of the screen-mine never stays the way I want it. Or change the font in tools?
Back was brutal this am-they keep adding exercises. Getting a hip shot today.
Finally sleeping better. Must have been Christmas. Now I am working on the taxes. I actually like that.
That's so sad about your friend Candice. But she's not in pain now. You are doing good things for her still.
Art today. Bye and hello all! Mima
Old 01-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #7  

Default Hey There

I wish I could say my shoulder was better. Any movement is very painful. This morning I took a pain pill plus a arthritis tylenol. That helped for a while. But I can't do that all the time. I need surgery but that is out because of my heart.
This has not been a fun couple years..
It is in the 70's today. It is supposed to get cooler this week and next week.
Tomorrow is the 6th. There will be big doings here in Tarpon Springs. The diving of the cross, ball, dinners put on by the Greek community. Thousands of people and news reporters. Epiphany .I will stay home and watch some on T.V.
I have seen it many times over the years..
have a good week
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:08 AM   #8  

thanks Mima..it's working right...at the moment. Does your shot help alot? I bet you won't be doing the twist anytime soon! LOL

Joanne..wish I could help your shoulder, that makes everything difficult..grooming yourself too not just those fun things like cooking and cleaning! LOL Staying home sounds like a good idea...I don't like crowds either.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:11 AM   #9  

man-what we have to deal with. Not happy with the rheumo-went into his office to discuss MRI-hardly told me anything and couldn't give me the shot because he had to leave and took 20 minutes to set up?????? Going back today after pt. Wish I could change docs but since I need a shot every week-I don'r want to bother Brad. and this one is close. Love my doctor back North. He gives you a shot when you ask him.
Feel better Joanne-that;s so nice about what they are doing today in Tarpon Springs. Be good Candice. Mima
Old 01-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #10  

Hi. Joanne, hope it feels better. Try going to a chiro or PT that practices ART. That can help, perhaps. It is a totally different kind of treatment. Hubby went and his shoulder feels so much better.

Sounds like a busy place where you live, right now, with all the celebrations. Are you cooking anything special this year?

Mima - is it a cortisone shot you get? I thought you could only get them every so many months, or the joint will disintegrate. I was having them in my back, and the Dr. told me I could have them often, as it would be a good thing if those Facet Joints did disintegrate.

Hi Candice - hows it going? Hope you are feeling better.

Not doing much today. Starting to do some juicing in hopes of finding some new energy. Made one last night that had Kale, apple and pear in it. Yummy! Going to flood my system with cholophyll and hope it kills the yeast off. Dr. Oz says it does, so hopefully he knows what he is talking about lol

Have a good day.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214.3/200.4/150

Height: 5'9

Hi Ladies,

I'm Natalie I saw the Fibromyalgia thread and thought I'd introduce myself.

I was diagnosed at the age of 19. I gave up a healthy gallbladder when I was 20 due to a wrong diagnosis and was heavily medicated and could not work/had to drop out of college. By the way, I'm only 22.

The doctors told me I'd be on meds for the rest of my life, but I took myself off my meds 10 months ago and had never felt better.

I'm starting to really focus on my eating & exercising more to help relieve some of the aches and pains I've been having. It doesn't help that I live in Canada and it's been -10C (18F) outside. I was in North Carolina for 6 months and since being back the cold really irritates my body - especially my joints in my hands/knees/back/shoulders.

Looking forward to talking with you.
gnat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:48 AM   #12  

HI Nat....I too was on a ton of meds and am doing better off...I think alot of find this to be true. Eating right or better helps and the cold bothers me too. WElcome and visit us again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mima...yes the shots can hurt a joint if too much.

Happy the kids are coming this weekend for x-mas, so making my healthy turkey chili and x-mas cookies for dessert. Hope they all get eaten soon! Been cleaning since my gal called in sick this week and can't for awhile so of course over doing. Left all my decorations up for the kids...outside and in and love jsut being albe to enjoy them for now. I to the Monelt heathmster for x-mas so want to try it soon, haven't had time to read the recipes. Have a juicer too but want more fiber. What are you using???????

Hi Joanne...better yet?

Happy what is ART?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #13  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody.. No the shoulder is not better.. I went through this last year and got very little relief till the warm weather set in. I have had the injections ,but, can only get them every three months.I have had the P.T also and that was no help.
It is cool now but will warm up again next week. then it gets cool again. That is the way it is here in Fl.
I guess I better just forget my troubles and get busy. This place needs a good cleaning.. I have some quilting waiting for me too.
Have a Great Weekend Everybody.
Joanne
Joanne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:49 AM   #14  

I want to make a quilt for my daughter's gf's new baby. I can dend it home with Suzanne.
Got a new bathing suit at penney's -had to fight for my % off because I had gift cards but the cashiers were super. I love Penney;s.
Hi Nat-pt is saying you gave to exercise. I know about getting too many shots. But it was too painful. My hip is sore because my leg turns the wrong way/
I got the shot using ultrasound to guide the needle. It wasn't bad but after it was SO PAINFUL> Now it's better but still hurts. Never again. I can see why he doesn;t have time spur of the moment.
I got some pics on 2 e-mails from Suzanne that were sent by Lily playing with the phone. She also called her uncle last week/
Art meeting this morning.
Grandma Sandy is taking Evan so we all get to go to lunch together/
Have dood days everyone. Mima
Old 01-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #15  

Mima - glad you found a new bathing suit. Thought you had bought a couple last year. When is your daughter coming to visit you?

Candice ART - Active Release Therapy. You can read about it here. It is a good treatment used by chiropractors who are trained in as well as PTherapists. http://www.activerelease.com/about.asp

Welcome Nat. Hope you find a way to relieve your pain. I can't take meds, so I try lots of different things.

Joanne - hopeyou are feeling a bit better today.

Blizzard going on here. Miserable blowing snow, and then it is going to start to get cold. Right now it is 20F and by Friday it will be -30 for a daytime high. I am actually looking forward to that cold, as the pain reduces quite a bit for me, when the air is complete void of moisture. Getting progressivley colder as the week goes on.

Everybody have a good Sunday.