Old 12-31-2010, 06:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Worldlies jump into January and a whole new year, new ideas, new found determination

It's here, we are in 2011. Happy New Year

Have a safe and happy New Years Eve and a healthy, prosperous and happy year ahead.

What lies in store for us all is a mystery and a gift - that's why it is called the 'present'.

If you want to go back to see what happened last year, click on the link:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ecember-6.html

Last edited by Shad; 12-31-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:22 AM   #2  

Been busy today in the run up to NYE. A clean house to start of the year. It probably won't stay that way but what the heck.

DS2 is about to embark on his NYE celebrations. Bet he doesn't stay away 3 days like I did back in the old days. But that's life in the fast lane.

Hope this finds everyone healthy and happy and heading into New Year. I shall probably look at the clock soon and say Happy New Year and go to bed. It's fairly quiet around here ATM who knows how long it will last.

See you all next year
Old 12-31-2010, 08:04 AM   #3  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU SHADDIE AND THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD!! I WAS SO HOPING TO GET OUT OF THE OLD ONE AND LEAVE THE WHINING BEHIND ME!! I DON'T THINK THESE YOUNGER GUSY & GALS HAVE THE 3 DAY ENERGY THAT WE HAD FOR A GOOD OL' NYE!!
HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL NIGHT!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-31-2010 at 09:08 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:08 AM   #4  
Happy September

I HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE OLD THREAD AND READ YOUR NEWS. WILL BE BACK A LITTLE LATER. ALARMS ALREADY AND I COULDN'
T GET THE INTERNET PART OF AOL RUNNING LAST NIGHT OR EARLY THIS MORNING. THEN I OPTED FOR SENDING SHAD AN E-MAIL......LO AND BEHOLD IT MAGICALLY GOT THE INTERNET PART OF AOL RUNNING?!?!?!
CHAT MORE IN A FEW............................

THIS POST IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Old 12-31-2010, 08:11 AM   #5  
Happy September

HERE IS SHAD'S NEW YEARS "PRESENT" FOR THE NEW YEAR!
Old 12-31-2010, 09:04 AM   #6  
Happy September

I NEED SOME DOWN TIME. THIS LONG WEEKEND SHOULD DO IT. VIC & VERIZON (phone company) FELT SO SORRY FOR ME WITH THE BROKEN MEDICAL PULL CORD SYSTEM BEING DOWN THAT THEY BOTH WORKED DILIGENTLY UNTIL ALMOST 3PM TO GET IT UP AND RUNNING. THANK GOD THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT STILL HAVE COMPASSION.
VIC HAS GIVEN ME HIS CEL PHONE # FOR EMERGENCIES. VERIZON GAVE ME ANOTHER # TO CALL FOR FASTER SERVICE. VIC SAID HE LOVES COMING HERE....NEVER MET SOMEONE LIKE ME BEFORE I DO LOVE THIS KID.

AS FOR THE SNOW FIASCO HERE, ALL AT ONE TIME.... I TOLD JOHN, AN OFFICE WORKER AND 2 MAINT. MEN THAT I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT THEY COULD LEAVE ME IN THE LURCH LIKE THIS DURING ONE OF THE WORST STORMS WE HAVE HAD IN YEARS AND IN MY CONDITION. TOLD THEM TOO THAT I COUNTED ON THEM FOR HELP. I ACTUALLY THINK IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN. BUT THEN I AM EVER THE OPTIMIST!

WISHING ALL MY WORLDLY SISTERS THE BEST OF HEALTH AND LOTS OF HAPPINESS FOR THE NEW YEAR. WE NEED TO SEIZE ON TO 2011 WITH BOTH HANDS! CARPE DIEM!!

CEEJAY....HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR 5 DAY WEEKEND. HOPE THE NEW YEAR CHANGES AT WORK WILL BE GOOD FOR EVERYONE. I FIND I AM ALSO SLEEPING BETTER AND MY ANXIETY LEVEL IS DOWN WHEN I DON'T DRINK ANY CAFFEINE. YOU'D THINK I WOULD LEARN A LESSON FROM THAT!! HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!!

LAURA...HOPE THE NYE VISIT WORKS FOR THE FRIEND. CAN'T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY I LOVE THE SMELL OF ORANGES! I THINK I SMELL YOUR ADM'S !!! GLAD YOU GOT ALL THE WORK DONE AND OUT OF THERE EARLY!! LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL BE BUSY WITH THE BF'S PLAN SPRINGING!

HAPPY.....I HATE WHEN THE HOUSE LOOKS BARE AFTER THE HOLIDAYS I TOLD JEN I'M LEAVING SOME THINGS OUT ALL YEAR AGAIN!! WE'RE HAVING A GOOD WEEKEND OF MILDER TEMPS. HOPING IT WILL MELT THE SNOW. GOOD FOR YOU WITH THE BUDGET AND WW. GREAT BEGINNIONG TO THE NEW YEAR I AM DOING SOMETHING VERY SIMILAR. MAKING MY TRADER JOE'S LIST UP THIS WEEKEND & A BIT HEALTHIER!!

MICHELLE...YOU BETTER BE RESTING AND ICING!!! AFTER ALL YOU'VE GONE THRU IT WOULD BE A SHAME TO OVER DO THINGS RIGHT NOW!!! KEEPING YOU IN OUR THOUGHTS THRU THIS WHOLE PROCESS WISH WE COULD CHAT AND REST UP TOGETHER TOO. I COULD USE SOME ICE-ING UP....PUT MINE IN A GLASS WITH SOME MIND NUMBING BOOZE!!!

ANNIE....BUTT HEADS ARE DEFINITELY OUT FOR 2011!!! THE GUY AT WORK MIGHT HAVE MEANT IS AS A COMPLIMENT BUT YOUR ANSWER WAS PRICELESS ALL THE SAME YES....THERE IS WEIRD WEATHER ALL OVER...YOU ARE RIGHT. SCARY STUFF BEING SHOWN ON THE TV!! HOPE DAD LOVES THE CAKE...IF NOT THEN SEND IT TO ME ASAP!!!

KASEY....A BIG CONGRATULATIONS ON THE GRADE SCORE 4.0!!! WAY TO GO ALSO HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING BETTER FOR NEW YEARS!! TAKE GOD CARE OF YOURSELF!

Last edited by MELODY525; 12-31-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-31-2010, 02:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Kasey
Congrats on that 4.0. It takes a lot of determination to do that.

Mel
Hope you have a quiet week end. I have an uncle named Victor but I call him uncle Vic. But he's not the one I visit on a regular basis.

I used my new GE grill today for burgers.
For some unknow reason the computer keeps jumping around on me. So if you see some unknown word you'll know why.
We are under a tornado and thunderstorm watchday this afternoon. The temperatures are spring like to which is in the upper 60's.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:40 PM   #8  

Shad
Thanks for setting up the 2011 thread. We still have a few hours left of 2010.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:40 PM   #9  

Morning all,
Guess what - it's raining again. Hopefully it will not be as heavy as the previous lot, but it is a damp start to the new year and will persist, so they say, until late next week.

Thanks Mel for figuring out my graphic. I forgot the [ in front and that stopped anything from displaying. Such fussy things, computers. Just to prove I can do it properly .......

It's amazing what sending me a message will do to AOL and considering that I don't use it myself it is a minor miracle.
Mel - there just isn't anyone else like you so why are you so surprised that the kid likes you. You are a nice person, if somewhat feisty at times.

Ceejay - my computer cursor jumps around on me from time to time as well. Usually in here. I have to keep watching the screen otherwise I end up with some funny words inside words. At first I thought it was me being lazy and hitting two keys at once, but it happens too often.

Casey - well done on the grade score. Sounds as if you did very well indeed.

Annie - don't work too hard. I hope you can spare some time for a well earned drink or two at 12.00

Laura - hope the NYE party went off well despite B/f reluctance to state the number of people arriving. Feed 'em bread and water I say

Michelle - resting up and being good I hope. Hope the soreness is reducing now.

Happy - probably drinking up and enjoying the lead up to the ball dropping. Enjoy the night.

Okay - so I should go out for a bit of a leg stretch. I am trying to put a fitness level together for the new year that I can stick to. I'll let you know how I do when I have it sorted. Meantime on with the day. Tomorrow I have to get up real early to get DS2 to the airport - he is going to visit his brother for a week. I'll be back later.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:36 PM   #10  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy New Year to my wonderful friends!

First off, I want to thank you all for your prayers, good thoughts and well wishes!!! I know they're helping me get better!!

We are counting down the hours to 2011...but it's likely I'll be asleep before midnight...which is typically for an early bird like me. I was a bit more sore this morning...and when I pointed out to DH exactly where the pain was, he said it was at the 4 injection sites, so I know this pain is from the procedure.

I've been resting and icing though I did go with DH to WalMart to get a few groceries. Tomorrow is more resting and icing, and maybe doing a load of laundry (though DH will do any lifting and bending). We're also going to watch the Rose Bowl game. I'd like to make cookies for DH this weekend...either tomorrow or Sunday.

Wishing us all a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Lots of love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #11  

Happy New Year Worldlies!

Last edited by Laura705; 01-01-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:21 AM   #12  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hello ladies,

Happy New Year's Eve. Just getting to the eve part here. I'm about to crack open the wine bottle, figured I'd post while I still make sense Right now we are in the middle of some big time lightning and thundering. It was 67 degrees here today. Birds were singing this afternoon - you'd think it was a lovely spring day, not about to jump into January.

Personals first:

Shad - thanks for setting up the new thread. Love to 2011 graphic. Was good chatting with you tonight. Good luck with your 2011 program - I am right there with you. Guess you'll have a quiet day today unless Sunday decides to kick up a fuss.

oops - 'scuse me. Mom's on the phone.

Back 3 hours later. Well after the call it was time to eat some finger food (shrimp, a couple of kinds of cheese, crackers, grapes). Then I remembered I had some laundry that needed to come out of the dryer, folded and stick the next load in. Then had to tell DH what I talked with Mom. Watched a little TV, debated about opening the wine, decided yeah, why not and had DH open it - darn stuck cork. Sat down and realized I left in the middle of a post

Ceejay - hope you decided to stay in - though warm outside the weather is still crummy.

Mel - glad Vic is taking care of you - I agree - what's not to love about you Hope the weekend is quiet, people like to check out around this time of year. You certainly don't need any more frantic calls.

Kasey - congrats on a fabulous end to the semester. 4.0 - I know you worked REALLY hard for that. you! Now have a little fun.

Michelle - happy new year - quietly. Don't you be thinking about bending down and getting those decorations put away. One more weekend left before we start harping on you

Laura - hope you had a nice NYE - did your friend come by? Hope you didn't have a whole houseful of people.

Annie - you're up late (saw your post on FB) - glad the year is already starting to look good for you.

As for me, it's time for bed. Nothing exciting on TV - this midnight took a long time to get here - DH was practically holding his eyes open with toothpicks waiting until I released him And the glass and a half of wine I had made me sleepy and is giving me a slight headache. What a booze wussy I have become - far cry from my bad self in the 70's and 80's

Goodnight all and a happy new year to you.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:24 AM   #13  
Happy September

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S DAY!
WE HAVE ANOTHER WORLDLY BRAND NEW YEAR.
I WAS AWAKE LAST NIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN A LONG WHILE. FOR SOME REASON I FELT COMPELLED TO START DECLUTTERING AT 9 PM! BUT IT WAS NICE TO WAKE UP TO CLEAN ROOMS. HOPE YOU ARE ALL HAVING A GREAT WEEKEND

SHAD...I AM INTERESTED IN YOUR FITNESS LEVEL IDEA.... I LIKE THE IDEA OF A COMMITMENT THIS MONTH . IF SO THEN I WILL DO PEDALS FOR 20 MINS @ DAY AND hand SQUEEZE BALLS ON M, TU, & W. I HAVE THESE RUBBER THINGYS OR I CAN ALWAYS USE THE MAINT MEN'S GUESS your DS GOT OFF TO HIS FLIGHT ON TIME WITH MOMMA AT THE HELM! ARE YOU IN THE PROCESS OF DRYING OUT YET AND DID JOEY MAKE IT THRU THE RAIN STORMS?? HOW IS MISS PUSS FEELING? AND YOU???

CEEJAY....I WISH I WAS DOWN BY YOU OUR TEMPS ARE IN THE 40'S BUT IT FEELS SO MUCH WARMER. ACTUALLY HAD A WONDOW CRACKED OPEN! HOW DID YOU LIKE THE GRILL & THE BURGERS ONE OF MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE FOODS! happy new year

MICHELLE...COOKIES?? SAVE SOME FOR ME I CAN IMAGINE THE INJECTION SITE BEING SORE. OUCH
SENDING HUGS TO THE AREA

HAPPY...HAD A LAUGH AT DH & THE TOOTHPICKS!! HOPE MOM WAS OK. BET SHE REALLY MISSED YOU THIS YEAR. YOU MADE A GOOD CHOICE STAYING HOME. I CANNOT IMAGINE WHAT SOME OF THE ROADS WERE LIKE AFTER THOSE STORMS BETWEEN YOU AND WHERE MOM LIVES HAPOPY NEW YEAR BACK AT YA MY SOUTHERN SIS.

LAURA....HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO

ANNIE...SENDING A HUG FOR THE NEW YEAR
Old 01-01-2011, 12:08 PM   #14  

Happy New Year

I stayed up to watch the ball drop in New York then went to Beale street's bash on t.v. and saw the guitar drop. Think it went down a little to fast.
Watching the Rose Bowl Parade now.
Slept until 9.30 a.m. this morning.

Happy
Looks like ya'll caught the bad part of the storm. We were under a tornado and thunder storm watch for most of the day. We needed the rain.

Michelle
Don't over do today. I'm sure that the injection sight would be sore. After
I had steroid injections in my foot before surgery my foto would be sore for a couple of day's. It was the size of the needle for me and the podiatrist hitting the heel spur.

Mel
Yes I did use the grill for the burger's and they were good. Still need to learn the settings for other meat. Tried pork chops last night but they were not as tender as I wanted them to be. There was not a cook book with it.

Annie
You must be sleeping in to day.

Laura
Did you celebrate at home? Did your friend come?

Shad
Saw the fireworks from New Zealand and Australia last night on t.v. It was spectacular.

The computer is wanting to restart for updates.
Have a good day.

The computer is wanting to update.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:54 PM   #15  

Happy New Year everyone!

Shad - Thanks for setting up the new thread! Sorry it's raining again -just what you didn't need. Hope it stops soon.

Ceejay - Mmm, grilled burgers. Sounds like the tornados in your area were doozies. Glad you're here with us safe and sound!

Michelle - Glad to hear you're having a relaxing weekend hunkered down with all those movies! Don't overdo with the walmart visits and cookie baking now girlie!!

Happy - Poor dh had trouble making it to the new year awake, LOL. He should have kept busy like you did!

Mel - Nice to awake to decluttered rooms. Ahh. There wasn't much to clean up after our liitle gathering, but bf took care of it and it was nice to wake up to an empty kitchen sink today.

Kasey - Congrats on the 4.0 GPA!!! All your hard work paid off!!

Let's see, Thursday night bf went to see the band on his own with friends and I had a slothful evening - just didn't want to do any cleaning. Fell asleep on the sofa in front of the tv. Friday I started off with celebrating the mild temps and melted snow by doing a poop pickup on the backyard. Then bf & I did some cleaning before my friend came over at 3. I'm so glad she was able to spend the time with us, and she enjoyed herself too. She's really doing so well. There were only 5 of us total, so it was nice. We just hung out and listened to music, then watched the local tv coverage right before and after midnight, then did some karaoke. It was a late night and I confess to too much wine and champagne. Oh well, it was fun.

Woke up too early this morning and have been doing absolutely nothing since my friend left. I'm not in the mood to go out to a party late this afternoon, but it'll be nice to see our friend's baby. Sooo looking forward to having Sunday to do my own thing - read the paper, putter around, and watch the football game. Hmmm, also have to shop for groceries at some point.

Okay, I'm going to eat some lunch and brave the cold and fierce wind to take doggy for a walk.

Hope everyone's Jan. 1 is/was a nice one.

Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote