View Poll Results: What are your expectations for weight during the holiday season?
Expecting to gain 5 pounds or so due to inescapeable holiday parties and goodies 0 0%
Expecting to maintain weight or keep gaining to a minimum 2 20.00%
Hoping to Lose weight and keep in line with your goals 8 80.00%
Not worth worrying over whatever happens happens and january 1 is a new day 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2002, 12:16 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Wink Just another Manic Monday

Hey Ladies
once again I'm having a late night its 12:12 and i plan to be up till 3
I just found out a scholarship deadline is tommorrow and I ahve to write an essay on top of 2 articles for tommorrow
oh and I need some of our Patented Whoopass Jayne? Jess? Laura? bfs mom revealed to him yesterday
mind you after he stood up to them for us!!
that she thought my sister scouted him out for me so many years ago when we dated initially
ie she didnt think i could find my own men GRRRRRRRR
mind u when i started dating him i was dating 4 guys at school
yah i have no sex appeal obviously
grrr
anyway its fueling my WW resolve
So I'm posting a poll about surviving the holidays
and i think we should have a Holiday survival tactics thread
I have no tactics which is why i think we need the thread
Have a FANTASTIC Monday
Kick some ARSE and DON'T TAKE CRAP FROM ANYONE!
(can you tell i'm giving myself a post midnight peptalk)
Love
Kier
Old 11-18-2002, 09:02 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Kierie, I hope you get some sleep to replace that midnight oil you've been burning. Yeah, I'll pick up Jess and Laura on the way and we'll come and open up a can of Minnesota Whoop *** (which is to say we'll kill him with nicieties and politeness and he won't even know what hit him). Not sure what flavor the other two girls will be bringing in their cans, but that's what I carry in mine. Oh yeah, I could get all of my pent up rage out over the pathetic loser Vikings beating my beloved Packer boys yesterday...those Vikings are just cheaters with that Metrodome noise! And I am revealing what a sore loser I am. Anyway, the point is that was a horrible thing for bf's mom to say...does she have "my little boy" syndrome, by chance, and feel jealous of you in really messed up ways? Sounds like it to me!

I need to take a survey here, if you all will indulge me. Can you tell me your favorite low-point meals and snacks? I need lots of ideas to keep it fresh and balance out my wicked chai habit.

Got a busy day today...Aaron and I have Mommy and Me class, and then he has his 15 month check-up. This afternoon, it's another exciting day of laundry and vacuuming...where does the fun end???

Have a wonderful day y'all!
Old 11-18-2002, 09:43 AM   #3  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Morning!

Good morning, Kier and Jayne (and everyone else about to post)!!

Kier--Yikes, BF's mom sounds like she has some major issues... I wouldn't take it personally--she obviously knows nothing about you to think that you can't get your own man with your sweetness, wittiness, and all-around wonderfulness. Oh, and my whoopass would be some Nebraska whoopass. That would be the kind where the men are men and the women are men, too. (Hey wait, I'm putting myself down with that, aren't I?)

Jayne--What's this about loser Vikings beating the Packers? You're from Minnesota, aren't you supposed to be a Vikings fan? My favorite low-points meals are Campbell's Chunky Soups... Chicken Noodle and Honey Roasted Ham with Potato are only 4 points for the entire can. I've also been eating Subway like crazy and might be turning into the next Jared.

Well, ladies, I did the deed with Aaron on Friday night. (Not THAT deed, the dumping deed). It went OK. I did it over the phone, but I had a good reason. When we said goodbye on Wednesday night, there was still some possibility of us getting back together and the way we parted was just exactly how I would want to remember the last time we saw each other. So, I told him over the phone that I love him and will always love but that we've hurt each other too much to get back together. He just said "OK" really quietly. And then he said "I have to go." I said "I love you" and he said "No you don't" then he hung up. Luckily, I had the car all ready to go, so I jumped in it and went crazy shopping. When I got home Friday night, Aaron had been in my apartment and had dropped off the two boxes of little things that I'd given him (things like pictures, goofy little gifts, etc.) That kind of hurt. He also had left me a message on my cell phone that was pretty mean, saying how he didn't even know me and that he never knew me, etc. Last night I packed up the things that he's given me and the two boxes he dropped off. I hadn't really cried over all of this (possibly because I spent so much time crying when we were together), but when I packed that stuff up, it started a major bawling-fest. I also talked to Aaron last night, which wasn't easy. He was crying (and he NEVER cries), but he knew that I'm right in my reasoning. So, that's what's going on here.

Eating this weekend was not good at all. Friday wasn't too bad, just one too many Subway sandwiches and a big bowl of my homemade chicken noodle soup. Saturday was terrible (and I knew it would be). We went to Hooters (which I was completely unimpressed with). I had the buffalo chicken sandwich, which was pretty good. I also had lots of beer, a few wings, and a bunch of fries. Workboy wanted dessert, so we stopped at Village Inn and I got the brownie pie a la mode. Sunday morning, we got McDonald's breakfast, lunch was Baked Chicken Alfredo and tons of breadsticks and cheesecake from Fazoli's. Dinner was homemade chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and popcorn. I really need to get it together.

So, that's what's going on here. I don't know much else, but there have probably been some posts since I've been working on this one and I have tons of work to do, so I better get to it.

Thanks again, everyone, for all of you wonderful support through this stuff with Aaron. It hasn't been easy, but you guys have made it a lot easier...
Old 11-18-2002, 10:11 AM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Ugh...another Monday

Good morning ladies...or is it???

First off:

Kier - bf's mom sounds really weird...how long have you been going out with him for? have you talked to her much in that time? that is a very strange thing for someone to say.

Jess - Sorry to hear about your ex-woes! I remember having those. Luckily I have now found the right man (getting married October of next year) and I truly believe there is the right person out there for all of us. Just keep looking !

As to the low point snacks:

1. Garden Vegetable Soup (0 points) - I change the recipe because I HATE cabbage. I just use extra squash or add zucchini.

2. 2 Points Bars (love em!)

3. Skinny Cow (2 Points) - low fat ice cream sandwhiches

4. WW Key Lime Pie (3 points) - You can change flavors by getting different flavored jell-o and yogurt. I like raspberry for this pie too and orange sherbert (yum!) Just ask if you need the recipe.

5. Cream of Wheat (1 cup = 2 points) - I was surprised when I found out how low-point this was!

6. Quaker Instant Oatmeal - Apple & Spice (2 points per packet)

7. Campbell's Chunky Soups - The Select soups aren't as good as these and its the same point values really. My fave is the Honey Roasted Ham and Potatoes one that someone else mentioned (4 points, whole can). The Ravioli one is 6 points for the whole can, so just make sure to check. OH and the Chicken and Honey Roasted Potatoes one has MUSHROOMS. I HATE MUSHROOMS. Just a warning

Hope that helps ! Have a great day girls.
Old 11-18-2002, 10:29 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all.... Hubby and I had our anniversary date on Saturday FINALLY! Emma went to grandma and grandpa's and apparently had a good time! We went to a movie (Sweet Home Alabama) and out to dinner. It was nice, but we were both so tired after that, we crashed.... but we got to sleep until 8:00 and I don't remember the last time that happened. Oh to dream about the olden days!!!!

Jess, I am glad you are dealing OK with the breakup. If you need some shoulders, you can come on here!!

Deb, how are you doing.... you are so quiet. ARE YOU OK???

Jayne, Yes it sucks the Vikings won. What a crappy rivalry!!! Packers are still on top tho, even tho they didn't clinch the title yet, we WILLLLL!!!

KO, bf mothers/MIL's can be pains in the butt. Just brush it off. They always get jealous about their baby boys being with a woman other than mommy!!!

OK, not in a working mood this Monday morning. Poo Poo! OHHH, went to the bookstore Saturday with hubby.... wanted my foo foo drink, so I asked for a decaf skinny.... Didn't get anything close to that. They were so DUMB there, they had to read the directions on how to make everything. I was so dissappointed for a Starbucks. I bet they had no clue what I was saying, or just didn't want to listen. So I drank half and threw the rest away. It helped with my craving, but I bet baby was doing flips!!
Old 11-18-2002, 11:14 AM   #6  

Hi guys!

I am here, ended up taking all last week off, finished painting half of the new house, and the rest of the week took care of my DD, she had the croup, didn't feel well at all. Anyway, I am going to try to read all of the posts I missed, but that is quite an undertaking!!

I hope everyone has a great OP day. I haven't been too bad, getting lots of exercise doing work at the house, so that should compensate a little for some of the fast food I have been having.

X-mas is getting closer, and I just don't have the energy to shop. But, my kids are waiting on Santa, so I better get my butt in gear!!

I have to check my email now, I will be back in a bit!

Later gaters....
Old 11-18-2002, 11:20 AM   #7  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals!

I had a busy but fun weekend. I ate a bit too much & was worried I sabatoged myself but this morning was my WI & I lost 2 more pounds!! Yippee! That's 10 in a onth That really helps my motivation. I took all my measurements today & I'm going to see how much change I can make there.

I had a horrible crappy night last night. For some reason I couldn't fall asleep. We tried all of the stuff that usually helps but nothing worked. I finally crashed about 5am. I ended up calling in sick to work this morning & then I couldn't fall back asleep! So I've had about 2.5 hours I hope I can make myself nap today. I have a horrible headache & stomachace. If all else fails I am taking a sleeping pill tonight. I can't go through this insomnia crap again. I feel so guilty for calling into work especially when money is so tight right now. Oh well. The day can only get better-right?

Kier, Hope you got sleep. Sounds like BF's Mom is a little jealous. I had a friend that went through that. When they got engaged after living together for five years the mother still through a snit fit. I'm so glad my MIL is awesome!!

Jayne, For snacks, I really like the Snackwell's mini cookies. You can eat 13 for 2 points. I suck them until they melt in my mouth & then I don't even eat the serving size b/c I'm so satisfied. Also low fat granola bars rock. I get these Cranberry Apple ones from IGA that are only 2 points a piece. Also fat free pudding cups -2 points a piece. Homemade smoothies. Fatfree yogurt-I find the Danone brand isn't runny. Potato Thins, mini rice cakes, dry cereal Sometimes I take a fat free tortilla, 1-2tbsp low-fat cheese, salsa & veggies-fold the tortilla in half, spray the outside with cooking spray & cook it in the oven-a mini quesadilla without the bad stuff That's what I've got off of the top of my head right now. I'll let you knwo if I think of anything else.

Jess, how're you holding up girl? Once the hurt disappears you'll remember why you needed to do this. Hang in there seetie!

Lori, Please share the pie recipe! It sounds tasty How did your party go this weekend? Did you stay on track?

Jen, glad you & hubby had a nice time. How is your hip/LB this week? I hope its doing better.

Well that's all I have to say at the moment. I'm sure I'll be back later-go to take advantage of an unscheduled day at home
Take care!
Old 11-18-2002, 11:23 AM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Hi Tonya, I took so long typing you posted while I was busy. Glad to hear your house is coming along nicely Hope your daughter is feeling better. I did some Christmas shopping this weekend & I can't wait to get finished! I put up our Christams tree yesterday so now I'm really int he Christmas Spirit! Have a great day!
Old 11-18-2002, 01:47 PM   #9  
GO CANES!

Hey Girls! See, this is why I must get on here earlier in the day. I dont have time to read everyone's posts now!
anyway, just want to check in, and tell you all to have a great monday! I'll catch up later if i can!
Old 11-18-2002, 02:07 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Default Hello ladies!

How are you all doing this fine day? We are having great weather in Calgary so I am pleased

Kier - your b/f's mom is a weirdo. My old b/f's mom was similar - she thought I'd made a play for him and so I was a slut. Yup, to my face she said that. I was like, whatever. we were only 16 at the time but she didnt' warm up for years. Now I can't get rid of her!! She says "I love you" on the phone and everything....yikes.

Jayne - popcorn and creamof what are my favorite, but the lists supplied so far look better than my list. Plus, I am canadian , so I can't relaly offer US ideas...Can we say carb addict?? Yikes.

jess - good for you for doing the deed. I am glad you didn't cave and got it over with. Don't worry about the weekend - if I were you I'd have eaten a whole thing of hagen daz! You are doing well....

Jen - happy that your anniversary went well! Yay!

Tonya - oooo sorry about the croup - my niece has had it twice and its horrible. I cna't blame you for being too tired to shop. But here is some xmas spirit comin' your way ************(that is cyber for magic).

Rina - congrats on your 2lbs down! You rock girl!!

Hey Jihan!

Well, tomorrow is WI and I am worried b/c although I was OP every day this week, and I exersized 4 times, I ate 39 points yesterday. Yup, 39. I thought I was doing good. Scrambled eggs and toast for brekkie, then a chicken mc grill with bbq sauce for lunch, rice and chicken and veggies for dinner. Then b/f suggested DQ for dessert. I ordered a small dip cone. thinking that was a good choice (just didnt' want the fudge bar...). 8 points!! Oh my god. I didn't add up the points til the end of hte day and I was choked. I hope I didn't ruin WI tomorrow! I am eating at the low end today and bellydancing so hopefully I will be OK.

Crap. I hate when that happens.

today I am working my butt off b/c I missed friday - its always the way isn't it....

Have a good OP day girls!!
Old 11-18-2002, 02:22 PM   #11  
Proud Canadian

Default Foo Foo

Strangest thing happened this weekend. I went to a friends house to watch the extended version of the Lord of the Rings (after actually seeing Ian McKellan - Gandalf - in person on wednesday - so cool...i digress) and my friend made me a drink. She used Red Rum which I didn't think actually existed but does and the back says that there are all sorts of fruits in it and rum but it has instructions that suggest mixing with fruit juices for a "foo foo Drink" - the label actually said foo foo! I thought that was extrememly entertaining given the discussion last week.
Well, I had a nice weekend, fell off the wagon again - evil movie nights - but made hamburgers on Saturday in the broiler - its amazing how much fat pours off lean ground beef. So it felt healthy. I spent most of the weekend hanging out with my NF - it was fun and relaxing - we played games - I've missed that soo much. the ex never did anything fun with me. NF and I played Scrabble and crib and watched movies. It was nice to relax for a change.
Jess - I'm glad you sorted things out. I wouldn't worry about the mean message, people say things when they get hurt. I'm glad you've been able to sort things out for yourself.
Kier - I agree, MIL jealousy, don't pay any attention to her and I hope your late nights are paying off for you!
Jayne - I love red licorice and rice krispie squares as well as bananas - that's what I try to always have at my house for quick fix nibblies
Jen - Yay anniversary! It's nice that the grandparents can help out like that.
Modkittn - (was is Lori?) welcome, that soup sounds great, I LOVE mushrooms and that one sounds great!
Tonya - when is move in date? or are you already in?
Rina - you are doing amazing!! Keep up the great work - and inspiration

OK - one more question - has anyone heard of a woman having a stroke after delivering a child (Dr. Lori?) 2 of my friends have now had strokes within a month of delivering their healthy children. One of my friends has heath problems but the other was the picture of health and on her 4th child. I'm trying to figure out if there are signs or anything because now my pregnant friend is having anxiety attacks about it. Just thought I'd check.

OK that's enough to keep everyone reading for a while - I'll check back later. Sorry to be so long winded
KT
Old 11-18-2002, 02:24 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Hi Belle - we posted at the same time - don't sweat the few points over - everyone needs DQ sometime. You can dance it off tonight.
KT
Old 11-18-2002, 02:32 PM   #13  
Eve's Mom

KT - I am so the same way wiht my current b/f. He and I can just stay home, watch a movie, play chess, read books, even clean the apt and its fun. We also ski, bike, skate, etc, which is nice. With the old b/f, he only wanted to watch TV and have hochmagandy. Not kidding. He also didn't have any $ and so even eating out was difficult with him - we had to stay at his mom's house all the time and he wasn't even interested in going for walks!! Of course, he wanted me to take him to movies and to eat all the time at my expense.

Ah, it's good to realize how much happier you are once they are gone. Jess, this will come for you too - with all the extra baggage gone, you'll feel lighter. He was the best 240lbs I ever lost!!!
Old 11-18-2002, 02:52 PM   #14  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

KT... I have heard of women having strokes after childbirth, but I didn't think it was that common. Also, don't know what causes it. I guess I never worried about that. I would rather worry that the baby is healthy! Remind your friend that, a healthy child is top priority and worrying is not good for the child!!

As for snacks, at the moment I am not the best person to ask! But this is some of the different things I like to munch on once in awhile...

**a small bowl of sugar cereal (I grew up on non sugar cereals, so I like cereal as a treat now)

**popsicles (you would be suprised how long these can last)

** frozen cool whip on a graham cracker (Skinny Cows can cause binges, these are much easier to not grab, yet they hit the spot once in awhile!)

**PB and Jelly on an english muffin (or light bread)

** Creme Savers Hard Candy

**Progresso Chicken Noodle or Rice Soups (4 points a can)

**mini pizza's on either an english muffin or tortilla (great low point snack!!!)

** Pria energy bars (2 points)

**Mini Fruit cups (the ones that come in those cans with the pop lids ... 1 point)

Hope that helps!
Old 11-18-2002, 03:04 PM   #15  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Thanks, guys for all of your suggestions...I'll throw some of mine back at you, so you can shake your mix up too...so these are what I'm burned out on:
Rick Krispy treats, chicken nachos made with WOW tostitos, FF cheese, louis rich chicken strips, and FF sour cream, saltines, and mini-bagels. Yeah, Belle, I'm a carb addict too...my parents do the low-carb thing and sometimes I think I'm just going to die at their house!

I have to cut 100 mittens out of felt now...this part of my job isn't so much as fun as the other parts! Later, gators!!
Closed Thread