Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 12-23-2010, 06:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/150

Height: 5'4''

Default (NSV) Over the river and through the woods...

So I've never posted an NSV before but after doing this one, I just had to share with someone.

My co-worker invited some of us to her cabin this past weekend. When she said it was a 2.8 mile walk through the snow to get there, I thought "How hard can that be? I walk 3 miles fairly frequently and it's not that bad..."

What I hadn't taken into account was a foot and a half of snow uphill with a full backpack is not the same as 3 miles on a treadmill or around a track. Ouch. I made it in, and then the same walk the next day out, and though I spent half the time convinced I wasn't going to make it, I did! I know if I hadn't lost the small amount I have so far or been going to the gym regularly, it would have been a lot worse then it ended up being.

Anyway, I was proud of myself and it makes me want to keep going! The woods were beautiful and it was next to a frozen over lake and we got to see all sorts of animal prints... I would have been sad if I passed on the invitation because I couldn't do the trek! Now to convince myself the cookies haunting every place I go are not for me...
kylonaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:47 PM   #2  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

What a lovely reward you got for your making the effort and pushing yourself to make that walk! It sounds like you had a wonderful time and it must've been beautiful.

(And not to derail the thread, but is that a Saints helmet I see on your shirt!? If so, WHO DAT? )
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

That's the ticket!! The whole point of losing weight and gaining health is to be able to do fantastic experiences when they come up.
4xcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/150

Height: 5'4''

Haha yes! Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints...

I'm not from NO my mom was working down there for a while and that town has a way of wearing off on you...
kylonaa is offline   Reply With Quote