Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #1  

Default Trying to say No to Na

For almost a month now I haven't used table salt. I miss it! In the past I would cover my veggies in it because it is calorie free. But I've been trying to either season with other flavors or enjoy the flavor of the food I'm eating rather than drowning it in salt. Anyway I didnt know if anyone else is trying not to eat salt?
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #2  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

I am, man its hard!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I couldn't live without salt. Try kosher salt or sea salt, the larger flakes add more salt flavor without more sodium.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #4  

I do not use any salt. My dh had end-stage renal failure and couldn't have salt and when he passed away I continued with no salt. You can season foods so you don't miss it. I think I have every flavor of Mrs. Dash ever made.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:39 AM   #5  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

I just kind of fell into trying to go low sodium. I don't add salt to anything, and I try to watch my intake of it in foods.

I like it better that way, and I feel less bloated a lot of the time. I don't have a problem with blood pressure or anything, but it runs in my family so I kinda want to head it off at the pass.

I don't count the mg of sodium I've ingested - I just say away from highly salty things and when I cook I never add salt and keep the amounts of salty sauces and toppings to a minimum. Now things that used to be normal are very salty for me. It's strange.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote