Old 12-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #1  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

Default nervous

I'm 95% positive that tomorrow morning I'll hit my WW goal weight of 185. Last week I weighed in at 185.6. I'm usually two pounds heavier with clothes on and I weighed in this morning (early) on the home scale at 182.4.

My personal goal is a bit lower than my WW goal, but I wanted to give myself some room to maintain lifetime membership and to add some muscle over time. If I maintain 185 for 6 weeks I'll reach lifetime membership .

Now, my confession. I don't follow the WW program at all. I've been going there for years but I've never tracked a single thing nor calculated any points. I go to the meetings to hear our leader and to have a face to face meeting with people who are trying to be healthier. I kind of feel like a fraud. The last time I hit a weight loss milestone at WW my leader asked me what about the program that helped me the most and I ended up lying and saying tracking .

So I'm sure the leader is going to ask me several questions about how I did it and all of that and I guess I'm going to have to lie again.

I'm conflicted because I'm really excited about hitting my WW goal weight and of course I'd like the positive reinforcement of getting recognized, but its sort of embarrassing to be put on the spot.
matt_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

What have you been doing to lose your weight?
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #3  
Token rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagirl View Post
What have you been doing to lose your weight?
I just guestimate calories. I try to stay between 1700 - 2000.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5

lol be as honest as you can.

I've always thought when I got closeish to goal I would join ww too just to have that damn lifetime membership that has always eluded me.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

You made the choice to join and then follow your own program. Own it. Don't be nervous or feel like you are lying. Have integrity and say what you did that worked for you.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

Oh, that is so cute in a way. I don't think you need to say anything. Just smile and say, when asked what has helped you most, that it is the group support and accountability. That is totally true and not a lie.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250 / 210 / 210

Height: 6' 4"

Since you respect the leader's opinion why not explain this in private before the meeting. The leader may have some insight into your plan and say that you've been "inherently" following one of the main planks of their program.

Even just the interest in regularly attending and speaking with others, doesn't sound like that bad a motivator to me. After all, a large percentage of people probably fade out and stop showing up.
darway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #8  
Don't Give Up!

S/C/G: 262/137.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Smile

I agree with Mmckellen tell them group support and accountability. Matt on reaching your WW Goal. Sounds like you reached it on your home scale.
VickieLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #9  
Less of a Better Me

I like the idea of talking privately to the leader. That said, I think you likely have been eating well within the WW points guidelines although you haven't been tracking.

My leader often asks people - What is working for you?

Things you could probably say: Portion control, making good food choices, group support, accountability of weighing in each week, the great meetings led by the leader...

You could customize it but some or all of those things are likely true for you, and are part of the WW program.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:58 PM   #10  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Matt, you gave your answer right in your post. What about WW helped you the most to lost the weight:

I go to the meetings to hear our leader and to have a face to face meeting with people who are trying to be healthier.

That's a perfectly valid (and in this case honest) answer. It isn't the big thing WW advertises but it is part of their program and it's helped you.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

okay. you go to the meetings and listen for free. You buy no products ect. You don't track.

So what makes it a WW program that you can say helped you to lose the weight?

just listening?

so when my membership is up, I can just go and sit and listen?
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Matt, I see nothing wrong with what you did. Focus on the things that worked for you and emphasize those. I myself, did not ever join WW. The meeting I went to had a HORRID facilitator. That being said, I believed in the principles and followed many of them and still try to.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #13  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
okay. you go to the meetings and listen for free. You buy no products ect. You don't track.

just listening?

I'm sure he's paying for it. There isn't something magical about the diet at ww it's the support
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #14  
Token rooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post

just listening?

I don't go for free. I have a monthly pass (around $40 a month). I pay just like everyone else.

What has helped me about WW is our awesome leader and being able to talk/ interact with people who are also losing weight.
Old 12-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/136

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_H View Post
What has helped me about WW is our awesome leader and being able to talk/ interact with people who are also losing weight.
This is what you should say. Going to the meetings is what helped me most of all. Keeps you accountable and heading in the right direction.
loriehohlf is offline   Reply With Quote