Old 12-13-2010, 06:54 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Just Bought WW @ Home Kit

Hey Ladies -

Just bought the standard at home kit, I have all my old WW materials (back when Core/Flex was the program) and figured I needed the updated materials since they've drastically changed the points calcs and the plan a bit. Hopefully it's not a waste of money, meetings are not an option for me because I'm currently pregnant, but also have two small children, work full time and my DH works longs hours. I've been to some but when I could attend I always disliked the leaders or most of the people there treated it as social hour and it annoyed the heck out of me I've tried online but would rather track everything on paper so what's the point of paying for it? So hopefully the at home materials are comprehensive enough. Just wanted to stop in and say hi, good luck to everyone!

BTW I've used WW through both my pregnancies, not to lose, but to track calories - I went to a nutritionist and they gave me a calorie goal for each trimester and I just translated that loosely into points. It helps but I still tend to overindulge and gain plenty (43 and 38 lbs). Most of all I want to be prepared for after the baby because this is our last and I want all this accumulated baby weight gone for good!
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/241.6/130

Height: 5'6

So what happens to your at home kit when WW changes in January to the new program or is the new program already out? I had just started WW and was only on it for about 4 weeks when I found out I was pg. I go to my first appointment on Wednesday and will see what the doctor suggests I do, b/c I really need to keep my weight in control.

Good Luck!!! Your a whole 4 weeks ahead of me!!
jodyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/181/145

good luck!
ducktape54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #4  

The updated kits are available online now, I tried to get one a week or so ago but they were sold out. Went on tonight and they were available again. They've already released the plan as of a few weeks ago, the materials are the PointsPlus Plan. The cost is 110 (99 + shipping) for the standard kit.

jodyjo - congrats on the pregnancy!

Last edited by emiloots; 12-13-2010 at 08:18 PM.
emiloots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

i bought the at home kit as well. i am excited for it to come in the mail! i am with you on the meetings and online-at home works for me
i think it's great you'll be doing it during pregnancy. i will as well!
jess jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

My mom gave me all her materials to read and I bought a PointsPlus calculator on ebay for $20. Today was my first day and it was soooo easy, especially with the fruit and veggies free. I did medifast for about 6 weeks, but got so sick of the packaged foods, so decided to switch over to WW so I can eat real food, lol.

Congrats on the pregnancies, Emily and jodyjo! I'm trying to get my baby weight off too (and then some) too. I had 3 babies in 2.5 years, and still nursing my 11-month-old. I need a BREAK from babymaking to get some tone back in this fluffy body, haha!
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote