Old 12-13-2010, 05:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

Default Hormones, 40 and female question

Hi, thought I would ask here, do any of you experience menopause symptoms? I feel like I am pregnant, the same type of nasua and fatigue, I do not have a uterous but have my ovaries, anyone else have this? I can barley drink water today as it is gross but have managed to get some down. I finally had a slimfast shake and it made me almost want to barf. I did get in my hour of exercise today. I do not have the flu and feel fine other that that??? Does menopause cause us to have pregnant like symptoms due to hormones. I noticed there were a few doctors here but now I don't know where to find them. My daughter is pregnant and severly sick because of it.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:32 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

my symptoms are heavy periods and having them more often than monthly. I am also starting the night sweats and sometimes feel like im on fire from the waist up.
I also am finding that i can cry at the drop of a hat and feel like a dark cloud is hanging over me somedays.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:37 AM   #3  
2011 kms in 2011!

S/C/G: 78.5/ticker/65 Kg

Height: 5'5"

40 is pretty early to be experiencing menopause, but not unheard of. I started getting what I thought were symptoms at 47. My doctor did a simple blood test to check hormone levels and told me I was no way near going through the change anytime soon. In fact, she told me I had the hormones of a 20 year old. I'm not sure that's such a good thing, I could use a break already.

Go to your GP and ask him/her to give you this blood test. It's the best way of finding out.
Mirj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I started having symptoms that I thought might be menopausal, especially hot flashes and night sweats. I asked one of the docs I work with and she suggested black cohosh. Here is the one I chose to start taking.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spring-Val...60-ct/10325049

As for any supplement, there are good reviews and bad reviews, but I trust that my doc wouldn't recommend anything unsafe. I don't have hot flashes any more!

Note: I don't know which ingredient it is, but the PM formula has something in it that really smells terrible. You don't taste it though.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote