Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #1  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Default I discovered that I am a stress eater afterall

It's strange because this past year has been the most stressful year of my life due to our son's mental health issues, yet I managed to lose more weight this year than I ever have before . I thought I had things pretty well under control and I even passed my original weight loss goal just recently....then exam week happened.
I am 29 and I just recently started college for medical admin. After being out of school for 11 years, it was a bit hard to get used to things again. The whole semester has went fairly well until this past week when it came time to study for my first session of exams. They are worth half of my mark. It wouldn't be so bad except one instructor is not very good and, even after asking repeatedly, she won't give me any guidelines on what areas to focus on for the exam. In other words, I have to know the textbook of thousands of terms, some being 25 letters long, and I have to spell them all properly or I don't get credit. The stress of this week is just too much! Its so close to christmas and I am finding myself buying goodies like christmas cake, just because it is that time of year. I really do know better than that. This "maintenance until after christmas" thing is going to turn into weight gain before I know it if I don't smarten up. I have been constantly hungry this past week and so stressed that I have been in tears. I just want to pull though this week, and this holiday season without any, or with very minimal weight gain.
Anyway, I just needed to vent, take a breath and try my best to get back on track without a nervous breakdown .

Last edited by sweetnlow28; 12-13-2010 at 04:46 PM.
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:34 PM   #2  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

sweetnlow!

**HUGS** Now take a deep breath. No matter what things will be okay!! Buy A LOT of celery and carrots and everytime you have the urge to snack, grab those. I stress eat too. You are BEAUTIFUL and I am proud of you for sticking to it and losing all that weight.

Now - go buy a pack of post-its and write affirmations on each one and plant them all over the house. It sounds silly but it works, I have one on the fridge that says - "love your body" "You have lost 35lbs, keep going" things that will help kick your thinking out of destructive mode.

Reach out to us and those who support you, you will get through this!!
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #3  

I'm a stress eater... when I don't have a cigarette. That's why I'm afraid of quitting smoking.
SpaceCoconaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #4  
I am worth it

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140 (maybe 130)

Height: 5' 3" and a half ;)

Thanks girls I am determined to stay on plan today. I made my husband eat the last huge piece of fruit cake last night so I wouldn't touch it LOL. I may hav eto go the post-it route if I can't get things under control. I was thinking last night about what might be responsible for my extreme hunger. At first I though it was PMS, but it has been going on for a week now, that is not normal for me. It could be stress but it could also be because I stopped taking a sugar regulating pill for t2 diabetes (acrobose). I was on it for two years but I don't need it anymore, my diabetes is in remission! I wonder if that is part of the problem on top of the stress...hum

I hear you on the cigs. It was really hard to quit while losing weight. I did it on new years last year Please don't be afraid to quit, your health will thank you even if you do initially gain a pound or two. Its worth it!
sweetnlow28 is offline   Reply With Quote