Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 08:10 AM   #1  

Post New to Weight Watchers-need help!

Hi everyone! I have been looking at this board off and on for awhile. And I have never really made a committment to staring a program. I would like to start weight watchers because I think that if encourages a healthy approach to losing weight. I have lost weight and gained it back many, many times. I am a mom of 3. Growing up I never had a weight problem. Since I had my kids, I have not been able to keep the weight off. I need to lose about 15 lbs to be at a healthy weight for me. I am 5'4 and I think that 130 lbs would be good for me.

Right now, I am mildly depressed. I am tired all the time. I don't feel good about my body. I hate feeling this way. My mom joined weight watchers a couple of years ago. She quit when she moved away and there wasn't a meeting place near her. She has given me her books. I am wondering if I should just save myself some money (I am on a budget) and try to follow ww at home or if it would be better for motivation if I joined a center near me. I am intersted in any/all support. I am tired of feeling and looking this way. I need help!!!!!!!

Katrina
Old 11-14-2002, 05:39 PM   #2  

Katrina,

I've done Weight Watchers from home since February and have lost almost 40 pounds. I've never been to a meeting, but I have had a ton of support from my family, friends, and coworkers.

There is a forum for WW at Home. You may want to drop in there..I've checked it out a few times..they encourage each other, report weigh ins, etc.

If I can help with anything or answer any questions, let me know.
Old 11-15-2002, 10:37 AM   #3  

Smile

I just have to say that I know how you feel. You start hating the extra weight you are carrying, you get depressed about the way you look, and just don't want to do anything!!! I have to say though, you WILL DEFINITELY feel better once you start following the WW plan. I feel so tired, lazy, fat and ugly when I fall off the wagon. The more I eat the lazier I get and the lazier I get, the more I want to eat - it's just a vicious cycle. When I eat properly and get some exercise I feel so much better about myself and have so much more energy. I say definitly follow the WW plan. It is quite easy and very flexible. Just remember to plan and journal. Those are my life savers!!! If you really want to lose weight bad enough you CAN do this on your own without attending meetings. Come to these boards and the www.weightwatchers.com boards for support, advice and lots of good recipes. If you find that you need to accountability of being weighed in by someone else (like I do) you could attend TOPS meetings. You said you are on a budget and this is a cheap alternative to the WW meetings. I'm in Canada and had to pay $20 for the yearly membership plus $5 per month. TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) allows you to follow any diet you choose (so I follow the WW plan). They weigh you in once a week and then have a meeting after weigh-in. They like to have little competitions etc. to keep members motivated. I like TOPS and it really does seem to be helping me stay motivated.
Closed Thread