Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-12-2010, 06:59 AM   #1  

Default Finally have a surgery date !

I'm new to the forum, well new to actually posting something. I have been reading through the forums for quite a while but never registered. Ive been a wait list for surgery for close to six years, I finally got the call and my surgery is scheduled for January 31st, 2011 so 50 days to go! (not that im counting lol) So Im here to look for advice, read about successes and try not to worry myself sick over the next 50 days! Dont get me wrong though, I am super excited and oh so ready for this! Any advice anyone has for me would be greatly appreciated!
justteena2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

wow. a 6 year waiting list? where ARE you??? what have you been doing to control your weight over that time? and to get ready for this? what have you had to do for clearances? have you met your surgeon?

oh my - i KNOW you asked for advice, but it seems i have more Qs than answers!!!!

congratulations on your progress!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

justeen are you in canada? Were you only on one list or a few? Either way it must be so exciting! 50 days will fly by! What surgery are you having? I am having the band in 4 days. I'm not sure what advice I can give you. Well I guess stock up on liquids and soft foods before hand cause after surgery you won't be in the mood or feel up to shopping. I can't share any successes yet other than I have lost 7 lbs on my pre-op diet! I also don't feel as hungry as I used to so I think the pre-op diet is a good idea even if your doc doesn't think it is necessary b4 surgery it helps to get used to liquids since after surgery it is a must for everyone.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:35 PM   #4  
...Still going...

S/C/G: 164kg/ticker/77kg

Height: 5'11

Congratulations do you have a pre op diet? Why were you on a 6year waiting list ?
Have you lost any weight in that time?
Thebeautyandthegeek is offline   Reply With Quote