Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy Confession...sleep walking and worried about the holiday

Time for a confession. First off to explain this I have to say I work out of town Monday through Thursday. Last weekend I walked into my house on Thursday night and was welcomed by the smell of fresh baked sugar cookies. MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE. My daughter had made them for a friend's birthday. I didn't eat any but my insides got all riled up and I was miserable wanting...wanting...wanting... I went to bed and during the night I was sleep walking... I haven't done that for ages. I overate on at least three things that I didn't even want and wouldn't have even been tempted to eat if I were awake. (Thank God the sugar cookies were out in the garage or I would have had a very angry daughter.)

In the morning the empty bowls and leftovers from my middle of the night foray were there to stare me in the face. My husband couldn't believe it. He says whenever I do this he doesn't hear a thing. He thinks I must move like a ghost. Which I certainly can't claim that the rest of the time. I TRULY BELIEVE THE WHOLE EPISODE WAS SET OFF BY THE SMELL AND SIGHT OF THOSE DARN COOKIES.
So ever since I have been forcing myself to stay on plan and it has been getting easier again.

I am so worried about the holidays as I know how tempting it will be to have all those treats laid out before me forever... We go to my brother's. My mom and all my sibs, their spouses, children and grandchildren are there. Everybody tries to out do it each other in the food and beverage department. It's always been really fun but I can imagine it will be uncomfortable this year even if I do just over eat a little. It goes on for three days. Most of us stay there in his mansion. I live 350 miles away so going home isn't an option.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

For the sleep walking - can you get locks for your fridge and cabinets? Clear the house of stuff that you'll eat? Lock the kitchen door?

Why not create new traditions? Try to out do each other in a 3 legged race or a snow ball fight? Get active! Walk in the morning and the night and bring people with you. Don't try to out do everyone in the eating department. or drinking.

Stay in a hotel.

You need a plan in place before you go for how you will deal with the different temptations. What you'll allow yourself to have, what isn't worth the calories. I think additional exercise will play a huge part in being successful.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote