Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 08:49 PM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of Nov. 11

If you have 50 or so pounds to lose, or are losing, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Hi to Texaslady, Linda, JOYce, Janet, Carol, Tonya and Lilithu!

Hope all is well; I miss you guys!

Jan
Old 11-13-2002, 09:11 AM   #2  

Hey Janet I was wondering where you were. I was going to start a new thread, but I said I would wait for you. How have you been? Well I have lost another two pounds today. That brings me to 234. I am very happy. Tomorrow is my official weigh in at Weight Watchers though. Their scale is 6 pounds lighter than the one I use at the gym. They also weigh me at night and with clothes on, so that makes a big difference for me seeing that I drink 140 ounces of water and eat three meals by then.

But a loss is a loss and that same two pounds will show up tomorrow. I have heard so many people say it but Weight Watchers works if you work it!!

Have great day everybody!

Tonya
244/234/150
Old 11-13-2002, 04:08 PM   #3  

Way to go, Tonya! Another two pounds lost, and gone forever! That brings you to ten pounds, a real milestone, and I'm sure you're already feeling a lot of the benefits. You're almost halfway to your ten percent already! I really agree with you re: the program; it does work, when you work it!

And thanks for asking, I'm doing fine. I made my last lifetime weighin with a pound to spare, and am looking to maintain this month rather than lose, because there's so much happening. Today is my birthday, so dh is grilling a steak (but I'll watch portion size!). Friday night we're staying on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, because I have a presentation to give the next morning at a technology conference. Am trying to eat light this week to save points for a dinner out that night.

So glad to "see" you again, Tonya! Sure has been quiet in here lately; let's hear from y'all!

Regards,
Jan
Old 11-14-2002, 11:31 PM   #4  

Default HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, JAN!

Jan, happy, happy birthday yesterday--I hope that you had a wonderful day and that the steak your dh grilled was just yummy, I know it was probably worth every point! And congrats on coming in under your goal weight at your meeting -- hooray for you! Ack-sorry to read about those awful mosquitos which "attacked" you and dh on your walk -- I agree that treadmilling is a better choice for now.

I keep forgetting to resubscribe to our thread every Monday, so I missed all of last week's posts. It's nice to be getting up to speed with you girls again.

Tonya, good for you, losing another two pounds. Keep it up! Remember, "slow and steady wins the race." Try not to be disappointed if you hit a plateau once in awhile.

My Wednesday WI was less than successful--I had a gain of 1.4! That is a direct result of my not having journalled at all the week before my WI, and I hope that I have learned a lesson. I almost flipped my lid when I saw the number appear in the window of the scale. And you know, before the meeting I could totally tell that I was not going to show a loss. Even a slight gain like that makes me feel "different." I had begun to feel bouncier and lighter on my feet a couple of weeks ago because I'd had steady losses every single WI, and that feeling just sort of waned -- then I found out why! I've got my work cut out for me.

Dh and I are watching for JOYce's write-up in our paper -- we are really looking forward to reading it. Hope they took some pictures of her in her crafts room!
Old 11-16-2002, 06:15 PM   #5  

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, Jan !!
Carol
Old 11-17-2002, 01:31 AM   #6  

Carol, just want to say how nice of you I think it is that even with your busy schedule, you told Jan "happy belated birthday!" Hope all is well with you and your family.
Old 11-17-2002, 11:43 AM   #7  

Hi Linda and Carol! Thanks for the birthday wishes, and sorry to be so late replying. Dh and I were out of town the last two days for the tech. conference, so I haven't logged in. We had a fun (but early) evening on the Riverwalk Friday; had a good OP dinner of steamed mussels, shrimp, crab, red potatoes, and corn at Joe's Crab Shack, and walked (strolled, I guess is more like it) around the river.
Carol, sorry about that small gain, but I just know you'll take it off this week! It's amazing how much journaling helps, you're right. Dh and I started a new journal this morning, so we can get in shape for the cruise next week. My sister promised she'd help me keep motivated to exercise on the ship, and will add some new "moves" to my weight routine that she designed. If I come back without gaining significantly, I'll consider the cruise a success!

I hope everything is going well for JOYce, Texaslady, Janet, Lilithu and Tonya! Drop in when you can. Carol, are you through with the flu clinics yet?
Old 11-17-2002, 10:23 PM   #8  

Welcome home, Jan! Your Op dinner sounds wonderful, and how nice to have strolled around the river after enjoying it. When are you leaving on your cruise, and I have forgotten where you are going! Is your dd going, as well as your ds? And I quite agree, if you come back and have maintained, that will indeed be a success! Don't stress over it, though; remember, this cruise is to relax! Oh, Jan, I have been mixing one point worth of nonfat, plain yogurt (sweetened with some Equal) with one point worth of Heart to Heart cereal--what a great combo! I highly recommend that you try it, if you like yogurt. I got mine at TJ's, which I know you don't have near you, but I have also tried the combo with Mountain High nonfat, plain yogurt and it is just as good as that from TJ's. Let me know if you try it, how you like it. There's just something about the sweet/tart creaminess of the yogurt with the crunchy goodness of the cereal. And I read not too long ago that you are supposed to stir back in the separated liquid the yogurt has on top after it has been sitting in the fridge for awhile. I used to pour it out! I was probably pouring away all of the good stuff.
Old 11-17-2002, 10:33 PM   #9  

Hi Linda! Thanks so much for the yogurt/cereal idea! I love yogurt, but hadn't tried that combo before. (I even have a little machine that makes yogurt, though I haven't mastered it yet; it always comes out a bit too thin. But I'll keep trying!)

Re: the cruise, it's a short 4-night Carnival cruise out of New Orleans, over Thanksgiving. Both sisters and my b-i-l and of course, Dad will be there! We booked it really early and got a great deal on these family-size cabins, across the hall from each other. It goes to Cozumel and back. I know Dad will really enjoy the shows and music, and food (he'll get that pie I so seldom make for him!) and we'll all enjoy being together. Not having to cook and clean is the icing on the cake!
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Monday's new thread is up and ready for tomorrow; hope it's not as quiet in there this week as it was last!
Regards,
Jan
Closed Thread