Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274 / 216 / 150

Height: 5'6"

Default Cold Weather Cravings

I feel like I'm going a bit crazy, but ever since the weather dropped I've been craving nothing but hot foods (it's 15 degrees outside). I tried switching out my salads and sandwhich lunces for hot soups, but it just left me craving something with more substance after 2 weeks of soups for lunch. I fell off the wagon for lunch on Friday, ignored the soup in my lunchbox and went out for spicy chinese food. My weekend diet went a little downhill from there.

I haven't been able to exercise quite as much as I used to due to a issue with my neck, so I have to stay good on diet. My normal breakfast is greek yogurt and fruit, so perhaps a change to oatmeal would help curve this lunch time cravings? Anyone else hit by cold weather cravings and how have you countered it?
Smiller264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 140/123/?

Height: 5'2.5

My favorite thing to do is cut an apple into thin slices & put cinnamon & splenda on it.. Wrap in tinfoil & put in the oven for about 10-15 minutes at 425! They come out warm & soft & are a delicious snack
molldoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #3  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

breakfast of champions for me (keeps the cravings at bay)

1 light english muffin (or any low cal bread with some fiber) or 2 low fat nurtigrain waffles
1tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter or 1 egg (hard boiled, poached, scrambled)
glass of milk or yogurt
banana or apple

any combination of the carb, protein and dairy does the trick. sometimes i skip the fruit, but the extra fiber helps.

i find that eating a good breakfast like this is a good way to start the day and help keep you full so that you might not crave something else. also- you don't need to have soup! we have a panini press in the office so i'll make a sandwich for lunch and just grill it up, or if i have left over chicken i throw into pita/tortilla with some cheese and condiments/veggies of choice, and heat it up.
and- you can definitely add substance to a sandwich

hope this helps!
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #4  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

My newest favorite recipe is Butternut Squash Soup

2 lbs butternut squash (peeled and diced)
1 onion diced
2 Cups water
4 bullion cubes (I have done it with either beef or chicken - both yummy)
1/2 t marjoram
some black pepper

Cook in crock pot for 8 hours on low. I use a hand mixer to mix it up good.

Add 8 oz cream cheese. Leave in crock pot for a bit to melt and hand mix again.

It is SO rich and satisfying. I think it is better comfort food than mac 'n' cheese. 1/6th is about 250 - 300 calories (i think) I served it up to a bunch of drunks at a party a few weeks ago and they were gobbling it up!
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote