Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 12-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #1  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

Default What is for dinner TONIGHT??

I figured this could be ongoing. I hope there is not another thread like this.

Anyway-- what is for dinner tonight?

12/5/2010 I had baked lemon pepper chicken, boiled yellow squash, and a tomato salad with bell peppers, onions, and carrots with a tiny bit of garlic and parmesan cheese.

What did you have?
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:27 PM   #2  
Lets try this again

Height: 5'5

Tonight will be a salmon patty (Trader Joe's frozen) grilled, pn 45 calorie bread, with lettuce, tomato, onion and pineapple salsa, with asparagus and carrots! Also a salad with apples, and onion!
punkrprincessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #3  
little by little

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrprincessa View Post
Tonight will be a salmon patty (Trader Joe's frozen) grilled, pn 45 calorie bread, with lettuce, tomato, onion and pineapple salsa, with asparagus and carrots! Also a salad with apples, and onion!
sounds good!! Do you ever make your own salmon patties? I have and make my Mom's recipe and they are delicious, but I've never had a salmon patty that was frozen (and never been to a Trader Joe's, and none are here). They must be tasty though!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #4  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

I had a grilled chicken breast on a "skinny bun" with spinach and onion and a little dab of bbq sauce and mashed cauliflower (with FF cream cheese, a little butter and garlic herb laughing cow). OMG, it was delish!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #5  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

Martina,

Share you recipe for the salmon patties would you please? Thanks!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #6  
Lets try this again

The patties dont have anything added, just frozen salmon in patty form good and quick though and 80 calories each (says the nutrition facts, 90 cals or so by weight!)
punkrprincessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 140/120/118

Height: 5'3

I had a chicken breast with a roated sweet potato and peas an sauteed zucchini...delicious and filling!
azmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #8  
little by little

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadEnough View Post
Martina,

Share you recipe for the salmon patties would you please? Thanks!
Sure!! They are not the healthiest things in the world but they are mighty tasty!! Though-- anyone who sees the recipe for the first time thinks they'd taste weird or bad, but then they try them and the like them.

Keep in mind I don't use any set amount, so you kind of have to play it by ear.

canned salmon
saltine crackers
eggs (I usually use one per can unless they are really large eggs, then you can use less)
onions, chopped
spices to taste
flour (optional)

Drain the cans of salmon, and then add the eggs, onions and spices. Then you take the crackers a little bit at a time, and crumble them up into small pieces. Stir the mixture, adding more crackers until the salmon has lost some of its "wetness" and will stick together in a patty form. If it helps you can either add some flour in the mixture or dip the formed patties in flour. Then you fry them in a pan (with no oil-- or at most some cooking spray) like you would hamburger patties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrprincessa View Post
The patties dont have anything added, just frozen salmon in patty form good and quick though and 80 calories each (says the nutrition facts, 90 cals or so by weight!)
yeah, definitely healthier than my Mom's recipe!
Old 12-06-2010, 05:35 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

My dinner from last night was so good, I think I'll repeat it tonight. I had roasted brussels spouts, broccoli, and mushrooms.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #10  
(slim) shady

S/C/G: 193/188/155

Height: 5'2"

Whats for dinner tonight? Turkey Chili! Want to share a great recipe from the wonderful blog skinnytaste.com ... Made exactly as the recipe said (minus some chicken broth because it was too soupy and not chili-esque with so much broth) & I calculated the points in the whole pot and divided by 9 servings as the recipe suggests and I get the same point count as the chef! 3 points (old WW plan) for 1 and 1/4 cup!

Chock full of beans and turkey. I used my own seasoning mix instead of taco packet to cut down on the sodium. Plus I have great dried chili powders on hand that I doubt are in a packet of store bought seasoning.

I'm not adding any cheese & not eating with any chips but will add 1 T of fat free sour cream at only 20 calories for the indulging creamy flavor!

Just about to dig in, can't wait!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/02/t...taco-soup.html
steinanwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

Something I've been making a lot is fajitas- corn tortillas (45 cal each), grilled chicken breast (On my george foreman) marinated in jalapeno juice from the jar of jalapenos and a little taco seasoning, with mango salsa- chopped mangoes, onions, cilantro. YUM! Usually served with veggie soup (chicken broth, zucchini, onions, tomatoes, whatever is about to go bad, seasonings)

Also been making hotdog sandwiches- turkey hotdog (60 cal) on 100 cal hamburger bun, with slice of FF or 2 percent milk cheese, mustard, and a little smear of hotdog chili sauce (10 cal/Tbsp!) with a little green salad with FF Italian dressing. Easy, cheap, not crazy healthy, but feels indulgent and is low cal!
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 11:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

I am making fajitas tonight with leftover steak from last night's dinner. Steak, red & green peppers, onion on corn tortillas. I also bought a huge avocado which I am not sure what I am going to use it for, maybe gucamole or a black bean salad.

Last night's dinner was awesome - about 3-4 oz of grilled skirt steak, 3/4 cup brown basmati rice, fried okra & a tomato salad with feta, kalamata, garlic, onion, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I'm think of having tomatoes stuffed with pesto and mozzarella or tomatoes stuffed with tuna taco meat, cheese, a little green salad mix and greek yogurt.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Tonight is brown rice, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and chicken in a "bake." Homemade freezer meals during the week
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Stir-fried onion, mushrooms, red pepper, baby corn, tofu and a few cashews in black bean sauce (leftover from the batch I made last night), and brown jasmine rice. I have lots of fresh ginger to use up, so far Eastern food is probably going to be a theme for this week.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote