Old 12-02-2010, 09:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Default How is...

Everyone doing so far on the new plan?! This is my second day and so far so good, in fact I've been having trouble getting ALL of my points in!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/145/130

Height: 5'1"

Its going pretty good I think. I've been following the suggested points per meal for your daily points and ive been getting all my points in which I NEVER did on the old plan. I'm curious to see if any good will come out of this as of my weigh in next week
PeanutM91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

That's great!!! I read your post about the pie, I wouldn't beat yourself up over it and I guarantee you're going to see a loss at your next weigh in. I stepped on my scale this morning after doing one solid day on the new plan and I was down another 2lbs. I don't count what I weigh here at home because the scale at my center is more accurate and usually a pound more than the one I use at home =D
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #4  

The scale I have at home just has the needle that points lol and it's usually like 2 pounds less than what the scale at my weigh in is. it annoys me. Do you have an electric?
Old 12-02-2010, 10:37 PM   #5  
So Ready

Things are going pretty well for me. I'm kind of recommitting by relearning, if that makes sense. I'd been on a roller coaster in the ten months since I joined (gaining and losing the same nine pounds) and pretty close to quitting. So...I'm hoping this is the kick in the boo-tay I need. I'm actually tracking again because I have no idea what the point values are anymore!

I haven't bought any bananas yet, but I am so looking forward to having one. I don't binge on them, but I've avoided having them at all because they just weren't worth the points to me. I'm really looking forward to getting some tomorrow!
traceriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/157/120-150

Height: 5'5"

I'm struggling. My go-to breakfast has been a bowl of oatmeal with raisins (4 pts, now 7) and a bran muffin (4 points now 6). I was getting 29 points on the old plan so 8 points plus a point or two of protein (morningstar sausage links or a slice of cheese) and I was good for 10 points and had only used 1/3 of my daily allowance. But now with the new plan that seems like way too much.

Or my stock lunch: a Boca burger (2 pts, now 3) on a deli flat (1 pt, now 3) with a slice of cheese (2 pts) - in all, 5 points, now 8. Then I would have baked beans (2 pts, now 3 to 5 pts) and some veggies and maybe a piece of fruit, so 7 or 8 pts for the entire meal and I was satisfied and had enough points to enjoy a nice evening meal.

But with the new plan, I seem to be out of points by noon and I'm still hungry. A piece of cheese for 3 points just does not replace my bran muffin (was 3 points, now 6) for me in terms of filling me up. I know protein is supposed to fill you up, but a breakfast of eggs and bacon has always made me a starving lunatic about an hour later. Protein just does not satisfy my hunger at all.

Anyone else lack an appreciation for protein like I do?
pageta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageta View Post
I'm struggling. My go-to breakfast has been a bowl of oatmeal with raisins (4 pts, now 7) and a bran muffin (4 points now 6). I was getting 29 points on the old plan so 8 points plus a point or two of protein (morningstar sausage links or a slice of cheese) and I was good for 10 points and had only used 1/3 of my daily allowance. But now with the new plan that seems like way too much.

Or my stock lunch: a Boca burger (2 pts, now 3) on a deli flat (1 pt, now 3) with a slice of cheese (2 pts) - in all, 5 points, now 8. Then I would have baked beans (2 pts, now 3 to 5 pts) and some veggies and maybe a piece of fruit, so 7 or 8 pts for the entire meal and I was satisfied and had enough points to enjoy a nice evening meal.

But with the new plan, I seem to be out of points by noon and I'm still hungry. A piece of cheese for 3 points just does not replace my bran muffin (was 3 points, now 6) for me in terms of filling me up. I know protein is supposed to fill you up, but a breakfast of eggs and bacon has always made me a starving lunatic about an hour later. Protein just does not satisfy my hunger at all.

Anyone else lack an appreciation for protein like I do?

why dont you switch your breakfast up.
still have the plain oatmeal(if thats your flavor) with raisins (i add almond milk, cinnamon, and an equal) slice of multigrain toast and strawberry fruit spread. thats what I ate today it was a 12 point breakfast, but very filling.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I'm with you kimberly, I haven't gotten in 29 pts once since we started, I'm usually 2-3 pts away from it each day but no complaints here! I am not much of a fruit eater but the first day I started I had a banana as a snack but since then no snacks, I've just never been a snacker at all. But I'm not hungry between meals and I make sure my meals are good sized and filling so I feel great! I peeked at my scale too and it's going down which is wonderful! I definitely know I can do this for life and I look forward to it
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:02 AM   #9  

ooohhh nice. congratulations
meryem is offline   Reply With Quote