Old 12-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #1  
Hot Momma

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5 ft

Default so incredibly hungry

For the last day and half. i cannot stop feeling hungry. I've eaten my normal meals and I still feel soooooooooo incredibly hungry. last night i went to bed with my stomach growling, even though I ate a bowl of special K cereal at 10 o'clock! that wasn't a planned meal but I had to eat something.

yesterday I had:

breakfast: bottle of water before I left out for work. Then I drank another bottle of water and ate oatmeal.

lunch: turkey and wheat sandwich, non-fat yogurt, bottled water

afternoon snack: cup of grapes, non-fat yogurt, bottled water

dinner: salmon and corn, about 24 ounces of flavored green tea (spread out over 1 or 2 hrs.)

second "dinner": 1 cup special K with soy milk (because I was sooo friggin hungry still).

This morning:

breakfast: 24 oz of green tea before leaving out for work and for trip in. Another bottle of water and oatmeal for breakfast.

and i'm still so hungry. But I really don't want to continue adding in any unplanned calories. My period isn't on, so i'm not sure what's going on.

Anyone experienced this?

Last edited by ksmommy; 12-01-2010 at 11:00 AM.
ksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #2  
one choice at a time

S/C/G: 275/155/189/???

Height: 5'5"

I have days when I'm just hungry too. I'm not really sure why it is. Sometimes I eat a couple hundred extra calories (preferably extra protein). Other days I just "white-knuckle" through it and it usually passes in a day or two.

One thing I notice in the menu you posted, not a ton of vegetables. The only one I see is a relatively starchy vegetable, corn. How about bulking up some of those meals with a couple of cups of low-calorie greens - baby spinach leaves, steamed broccoli, roasted string beans, etc etc? The bulk and fiber might help you feel more satiated.

Last edited by carter; 12-01-2010 at 11:08 AM.
carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I also noticed not a lot of fruit or veggies. Those are both so important to good nutrition and keeping you full without a lot of calories.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

What does that add up to, calorie-wise? Could it be that you aren't eating enough for your current size and activity level?

It's normal to feel hungry from time to time, but what you're describing sounds like more than that. Try increasing what you're eating--also, I like the idea of more vegetables. Go for greens!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #5  
Hot Momma

Roughly 1200. Changes day to day. Sometimes I will go up to 1500/1600. Depends on if i'm saving up. My brother's b-day dinner is Saturday. So trying to conserve now, in anticipation of Saturday. And I eat lots of fruit on a regular basis. Veggies, not so much. That is the first time i've had corn in months. We normally have peas or string beans or my favorite spinach! I looooove spinach!!! I had the same 1200/1300 limit for sunday and monday and i felt fine. maybe my body is telling me they don't like it at this level.

Although I normally eat the same breakfast/lunch. I don't eat the same dinner. Sometimes I do change my breakfast, instead of oatmeal I'll eat fruit and yogurt instead. But that doesn't fill me up as much as oatmeal.

Last edited by ksmommy; 12-01-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #6  

i would be starving too with that little bit of food. at your current height and weight you should be eating about 2000 cal a day
nitenurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #7  
Sea

S/C/G: 213/161.2/115

Height: 5'3"

I would try switching my tea to a caffeine free herbal. Celestial Seasonings make some nice berry teas. I find that any amount of caffeine triggers my hunger.
Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #8  

Height: 5'2

could it be that your metabolism is increasing?!
vatkins22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #9  
Hot Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenurse View Post
i would be starving too with that little bit of food. at your current height and weight you should be eating about 2000 cal a day
it takes approximately 1850 to maintain my current weight....2000 would probably result in weight gain. 1200 is very low I admit, but I'm trying to "save up" for saturday. The restaurant we're going to isn't exactly known for low calorie food. Isn't crap healthy on the menu.

I will try upping my veggie intake and see if that makes a difference.
@ sea. I didn't really think about maybe it's the tea. I just started drinking it last week. And I noticed I immediate get hot and/or break out into a small sweat after drinking a bunch. who'd a thunk it.

Last edited by ksmommy; 12-01-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #10  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Are you measuring? I adhere to 1200 calories (or less) and eat more than you do. I'm not sure but that you may be under budget.

And I agree, 2000 calories is too far in the other direction.

I like the additions of more fruits and veggies. Also, I would add another snack. I personally like breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. All my snacks and meals are also of equal caloric value, so my daily calories divided by six meals. This keeps me from ever being hungry. I get "snacky" but not hungry.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #11  
Hot Momma

I think I'm counting right. I don't actively measure with a kitchen scale. But I normally just go by the packets.

So bottle water: 0 calories
2 packets of oatmeal at 130 calories each: 260
cup of grapes: roughly 100
2 slices of wheat bread at 100 calories each: 200
turkey lunch meat: 60
non-fat yogurt, 100 calories each: 200
Green tea sweetened with splenda: roughly 40 calories for amount I drink all day
1/2 cup corn: 60
6 oz salmon: 300

That comes to 1220. at least by my estimate. But I could very well be wrong since I don't weight things and I just go by the package. Am I doing it wrong? where can I find a kitchen measure and how does it work?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Maybe switch your breakfast for something with more protein. I love oatmeal too (and the packets make it so easy). But...sometimes carbs (even good carbs) can set me off to be hungrier for the rest of the day. How about an egg white omelet stuffed with spinach and diced turkey (or ham or shrimp or some other lean protein)?
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:50 AM   #13  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Ah, I see. You're doubling up on some of your portions. I think that may be a personal preference. I would have one serving plus something else mainly because I want to get all my nutrients in. Having two yogurts would mean I'd have to skip another nutrient dense food. Instead of two oatmeals, I'd have one oatmeal with berries and soy milk. But now we're talking nutrition and not weight loss.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #14  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

ksmommy hi! I feel the same way some day's. And then some day's I'm going along and I don't even think about food.
Have you noticed that these hunger pangs hit at particular times of the day?
One thing that has helped me when I feel really hungry but I don't want to have more calories at that time is drink something. Water, coffee, welch's light grape juice (50 calories for 8 oz yum!). When I take my time and drink something it really takes the curb off those pesky hunger pangs. And holds me until it's time for my meals.
I really feel hungry at night before bed sometimes. And it is the oddest thing but if I go to bed with my stomach growling... the very next morning when I weigh the scale has gone down. Even though I feel like I'm starving sometimes- my body is working it out.
Hang in there darlin
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #15  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Sometimes hunger just is. Which I know isn't very helpful!
I've just dropped from 1400 to 1200. The first few days I felt fine; the next few days I wanted to eat the furniture; now I'm fine. Can't say I ever feel full but not ravenous any more. It was the adding of green salad and veggis that helped me feel fuller. Plus I eat starch carbs (oats, rice, pasta, bread, crispbread, potatoes) at every meal.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote