Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 04:54 PM   #1  

Default Can I start WW on my own?

I'm trying to find a weight loss plan I can live with. I was thinking this may be it but there is no meeting place near me and the online version is a bit costly for something I'm not sure will work for me.
I have about 110 pounds to lose. I am a total Pepsiholic so I need a diet that I can work in at least a can or two a day. I am unable to make the switch to diet!!! I have terrible food cravings, mainly for salty foods & cheeses. I guess I'm fortunate I don't crave sweets as well (other than Pepsi).
I am suprisingly a very finicky eater and if I don't like something, I know I won't eat it. There are ways to get around this such as to eat veggies I grind them up and then swallow them with water, cuts out the chewing. I also just bought a case of Slim Fast in hopes of losing weight.
Anybody else out there like me. Do you think this plan could work for me? I was thinking of checking ebay and maybe buying some of the materials & checking here for information & support. Is this do-able or do I really need to sign up?
Does anybody know where I can find a point chart?
Old 11-14-2002, 09:06 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hi jujubee,

I bought my WW stuff in one "kit" off ebay. I used the Buy It Now option, and paid less than 40 bucks for the points finder, food companion, journal which includes lots of info, dining out guide and a black bag to store it all. All Brand New!! Make sure the ad says Includes points finder - some of them don't. I also need to lose a lot of weight, and really like the WW plan. It is a matter of planning beforehand what you will eat. I sit down at night and write it all down, including snacks. Here's a really good place to find restaurant food points - over 300 restaurants listed - www.dwlz.com There's lot of other info there, too.

If I can do it, ANYBODY can do it. You can work in your Pepsis, or anything else. Good luck to you. If you need an emal buddy, list your email address and I will write to you.
Old 11-15-2002, 03:59 PM   #3  

Spending 4 points a day on Pepsi is definitely not good. To be successful at this you need to change your eating habits. This is what made your fat and cravings are really just habits we have taught ourselves and can be overcome.

Start with small steps - drink 4 glasses of water before any pepsi and by all means switch to the sugar free. By grinding your food so you don't chew you also don't get the food message to your brain. People who have to be feed through a stomach tube are given food to chew and spit out so that they feel full.

I used to be a very picky eater, but now I eat anything except snails. I wanted to lose weight and I knew I had to change...I've kept it off, too.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:52 PM   #4  
GmaTo8

Wow Quilter, congrats on your loss! You are an inspiration. I hope jujubee tries WW - the glory of their plan is that a person can "work in" a food (or drink) that we just have to have. On Sundays, I allow for a high point dessert, and just knowing that I am going to get it later helps me stay OP through the week.

Jujubee, let us help you if we can. We're all either in the same boat, or have been there before, and know what it's like to struggle. As for the vegetables, surely you don't dislike ALL of them.. There have to be a few that you like... maybe some of the less orginary ones such as hominy or asparagus. Or how about trying to flavor them with spices and herbs? Where there's a will, there's a way, right? Corny, but true. Good luck to you.

Jana
Old 12-29-2002, 02:07 PM   #5  

Well I just checked the weight watchers site and they have added a meeting just around the corner from me. How do those brand new meetings usually go? Does it take a while to build up a good sized group? I think I might just go sign up this Thursday (the first meeting I could go to). Are there a lot of extra fees and stuff to buy? Does anybody know if there are any specials that will be starting for the 1st?
Old 12-29-2002, 03:53 PM   #6  

Angry

HI.....I lost all my weight just doing it at home, I did not join WW online, but I did get support from internet message boards such as this.

It can be done!
Old 12-29-2002, 04:06 PM   #7  

[QUOTE]Originally posted by QuilterInVA
[B]Spending 4 points a day on Pepsi is definitely not good.

I think if that is what a person wants to do to make it work, then so be it. I spend 4 pts a day on coffee(from the sugar and half and half), it's something I really enjoy and it never hurt my losses, JMO
Old 01-03-2003, 08:35 PM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

juju... how did your first meeting go?

Why not join us on the 100lb club - we have so much fun!!!!

Dana
Old 01-04-2003, 01:23 PM   #9  

Wow, you are all so great and encouraging.
In time I'm sure I'll figure out that it is better to get a little extra food then that Pepsi, but for right now I NEED to know that I can have it. To say I will never drink Pepsi again is just setting myself up for failure.
I didn't realize there was 100 pound board, I'm going to check that out right now, thank you.
As for WW, I decided not to go. I had gong to see my Dr and he put me on glucophage for insulin resistance. He also encouraged a low carb diet (which I know Pepsi is not a part of either) and strongly urged me to join the weight loss group that was starting up. There is a 200.00 fee and it is 6 months so I figured I would do that instead. Maybe after the 6 months I'll switch over to WW because it doesn sound like a much easier plan to work with then the others.
Closed Thread