Old 11-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #1  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default A question about the new PointsPlus

I'm sorry ~ I posted this question on another thread, but it kind of got buried amongst other stuff, and I never saw an answer. I was hoping that someone who had been to a meeting already might have heard an answer to this question. So, I thought I would try again here.

My meeting day is Wednesday, so I have not been to that yet under this new plan. I've been getting most of my information here and various other places on the web. I had read somewhere that the lowest amount of points was 29 and on the e-tools ~ when I went there yesterday morning, it had recalculated me to 29 points. On the old plan, as you lost weight you decreased your points. So, I am not understanding how on this new plan if you are already at the lowest number of allowable points, how do you adjust when you lose so you can keep losing?

Thank you for your help
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #2  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

i saw your other post, i just didnt know an answer

all i know is they gave me 45 points a day, which was 11 more than i was getting :O

hopefully someone will come along and help you, i just dont know
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

The message boards on WW are free,I suggest you go to the On the points plus plan board and ask your question.there are a lot of knowledgeable people there.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

I think you may want to recalculate.

I get 29 points and I'm 147 lbs 5' 6" 31 years old.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #5  

We don't calculate our points anymore.They give it either at a meeting or if online it will do it there.We no longer have access to the formula. I am 5'8 182 and my points are also 29.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #6  

Okay, now I'm confused! How am I supposed to still be losing weight with 29 points then? I felt yesterday that it was a LOT more food (I used a lot of points on fruit in the past though). I even ADDED a glass of wine and pudding at dinner to reach my total...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
Old 11-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #7  

The points values for a lot of food are higher now where they are no longer based on calories fat and fiber. You aren't really eating tons of food.Everything I have been reading is that people are losing weight no problem.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:31 PM   #8  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

It is just that it made sense to me before, but now I don't understand. I guess I don't know enough yet. I am just impatient ~ meeting is tomorrow ~ I can ask then. The not knowing is frustrating to me.

As far as asking on the Weight Watchers message boards ~ I don't think I am brave enough. I went there and here is the first topic I came to:

I have been so thankful to have these boards to learn about the new plan (my actual meeting isn't until tomorrow, but my etools already converted, so I needed to learn and quick!!). I don't get why some members are rude to others when asking questions about the new plan. I haven't noticed anything mean or stupid in their questions. The boards are packed full of questions right now, so if someone doesn't sit and read 100-200 posts to see if their question has been answered, why be rude to them? Just don't answer their question - isn't that better than being rude? I really don't think people are here to ruin your day or irritate you!

I've read about 10-12 posts today where people are saying such rude things when someone has just asked a question. And... for those that have often replied "if you don't want to bother reading your materials..." well some of us don't have them yet. I have searched on this site for answers to my questions and haven't found them. Due to that, I've come here to ask them. Seriously? Why can't people be respectful?

I have heard in the past that some of the people on other message boards were mean and rude. So, I stuck with 3 Fat Chicks because everyone was always nice and helpful here.

I will just wait and ask at my meeting tomorrow I guess. I don't want to go to that other site and have my head taken off.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:04 PM   #9  
So Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shytowngal View Post
Okay, now I'm confused! How am I supposed to still be losing weight with 29 points then? I felt yesterday that it was a LOT more food (I used a lot of points on fruit in the past though). I even ADDED a glass of wine and pudding at dinner to reach my total...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...
The way it was explained in my meeting today is that you need to disregard your former points allowance, because the new number can't be compared. It's not just the points formula that has changed, but the way they calculate how many points you get has changed, as well. So while the 29 seems like a lot (and especially scary for folks who had 18), you have to look at this like an entirely new plan. The numbers don't reference each other at all. So if you had just signed up for WW for the first time, you wouldn't think anything of the number 29. Does that make sense?
traceriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #10  

Thanks ladies, It makes sense that points on foods have changed, so I am not eating more. What doesn't make sense is that three of us posted that we have 29 points. We are at 3 different weights: 147, 182, 220. That is where I am getting confused. Does everyone have 49 "weekly" points too, or is that where the numbers change?

Sorry if this is obvious, I only do WW online - I should probably find a meeting!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Your question is a very good question, I am 30 , at 128 , 5,1' and I gettin the same 29 points as you .... let see what is going to happend.

Another question will be about maintence , how it will be.... i am on canada so it is coming on december 6 .... i can not wait.
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #12  

Gayle,
I read that very post you quoted.The boards can be brutal but there are seasoned WW's who have a wealth of knowledge too.I think that there is a lot of tension over there right now.People complaining about the program before they even try it or those who rant about a subject they know nothing about.I have never had anyone be rude to me but I have never been aggressive like some people.Many times I have had to bite my tongue.
Yes everyone is is very nice,but I have found more info on the other boards. I am always looking for new recipes and that is the place to find them.
I do have 49 weekly points as does everyone.I went in today to get my materials I find my concentration is better when I have them in my hand. lol.I have been doing terrible for so long I am hoping this new plan will be the kick in the butt I need.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I wish I knew the answer to this as well, as far as so many people having 29 pts no matter how far apart in weight or height/age we are was explained at our meetings as they scientifically discovered that our bodies pretty much use food the same whether we are really overweight or close to goal so unless you have special needs (nursing or morbidly obese etc) most people ended up with 29 pts.. but I too wonder how that number will work as we lose weight and near our goals and our pts never adjust.. so if you find out an answer please share!!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #14  
Fit to be Healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbyforty View Post
We don't calculate our points anymore.They give it either at a meeting or if online it will do it there.We no longer have access to the formula. I am 5'8 182 and my points are also 29.

1st - we do have access, *if* we buy the calculator. Otherwise the leaders or the etools calculates for us.

2nd - 29 points is the minimum number of points required to get your required nutrition in. While I am over 100 pounds overweight and my number is 42, I would still trust all the people on 29 being accurate for pointsplus. I have heard again and again now from leaders who lost while on the new plan. They were trying to maintain.

My meeting the regional someone came to on Sunday, and I went on Monday and she was there too. She's been on the plan since January and was part of the development team. She and the other two leaders who I heard said the same things:

* satisfied
* healthier feeling
* stopped cravings for sweets and chips etc
* lost weight
MrsBonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #15  

I had 18 points before and lost just fine. Now I have 29 and it will continue. Just follow the program AS WRITTEN and you'll be fine. Maintenance begins with 35 points.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote