Old 11-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Question Plateau

Hi Everyone!

Just curious but those of you who have experienced a plateau, what do you do to get through it and start losing again?!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/151.6/125

Height: 5'4

Sometimes I bump up my exercise, cut my carbs for a day or two, or I have also gone off plan for a couple of days. Gets my metabolism going again I guess. Have you tried any of those?
farmgirl7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:05 PM   #3  

I was going to try low-carbing for 3 solid days, I've done it before and had luck but I hate having to cut my bread and snacks! I do Zumba 3 days a week and when I'm not doing that I usually walk. I know I need to start strength training and maybe that's the other thing I need to kick my metabolism in gear a little.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:10 PM   #4  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Any plateaus or more accurately, slow-downs, have been mainly if not entirely due to me going off plan, whether it's not tracking, not getting in all my GHE foods, letting in larger portions or not exercising. So, I look at what I'm not doing or should be doing, and fix it. For those rare times when I have been following the plan and the scale is not moving, I keep on doing what I know works - i.e. the plan - and eventually my body gets in gear and the scale starts moving again.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 203/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

are you drinking lots of water? seriously like over 64 ounces a day is key for me. even gets my bowels moving. get a food scale if you haven't already, i got one today and it's great.
jess jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #6  

I can honestly say I am NOT drinking enough water and the only thing I've had today is a large cup of coffee. Maybe that's the problem, it didn't even cross my mind until you said something!

I bought a food scale the day I joined and have used it faithfully! I bring it with me everywhere too =D
Old 11-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LitChick View Post
Any plateaus or more accurately, slow-downs, have been mainly if not entirely due to me going off plan, whether it's not tracking, not getting in all my GHE foods, letting in larger portions or not exercising. So, I look at what I'm not doing or should be doing, and fix it. For those rare times when I have been following the plan and the scale is not moving, I keep on doing what I know works - i.e. the plan - and eventually my body gets in gear and the scale starts moving again.
I truly think my water intake is what seems to be the problem, I hardly drink any! It's usually coffee in the morning and coffee in the afternoon!
Old 11-18-2010, 10:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/157/120

Height: 5' 2"

i used to hardly drink any also. i made it a point to use my pitcher. it's a 2liter pitcher and i fill it up at night and put it in the fridge. it is an excellent way to make sure i drink it all...when it's gone i know i made my goal for the day. sometimes i even drink a lot more. i used to think i couldn't drink water that much or else i'd have to pee a ton. but that's because my body was saying yes! water! flush everything out. but now my body has adjusted and i don't have to pee nearly as much. water is fabulous. it allows my body to function like it needs to. i bet if you drink 2l of water each day for 2 days you'll see a change on the scale. most likely due to water weight, but it will stay off if you keep it up.
jess jp is offline   Reply With Quote