General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 184.5/181.4/120.0

Height: 5'1

Default New here and was wondering.....

Hi!!!
I am new here and just wanted to say hi and ask what everyone is doing to lose weight?? I am on HCG and noticed that is not allowed to be discussed here. I am having alot of trouble sticking to the strict LC diet and am wondering if something else might work better.... Thanks for reading and cant wait to make some friends!!
fatgirl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/126/115

Height: 5'1"

Hey there. As a fellow 5'1 Arizonan, I wanted to welcome you here You'll find some great boards here with lots of different weight loss methods. People here tend to focus on weight loss methods that you can maintain for a lifetime, to make it less likely that you'll gain the weight back after going off your plan.

I do calorie counting which works for me because I can still keep carbs and the occasional treat in there as long as I plan properly.

You'll figure out what plan is right for you if you decide to try something different than HCG.

Best wishes and welcome!
DexterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:14 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am a calorie counter, too I find it works best for me. I've tried all the diets there are, or so it seems and calorie counting is the way for me. Eat less and exercise more, however it works for you.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

I'm also a calorie counter. I really enjoy it, I'm never ravenously hungry and I'm seeing the results I want.

Welcome to 3FC, good luck
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:51 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
am wondering if something else might work better..
Lots of things work, as long as you keep on making them work.

For me, what finally *worked* is realizing that I couldn't go on and off diets, I had to continue on, forever, with something. So I stopped dieting and decided to overhaul my lifestyle, once and for all, no matter what and permanently.

That something that I spoke of, that I am willing to do indefinitely, that I am willing to MAKE work, forever, is calorie counting. I need that because it's built in accountability and forced portion control.

Wanting/needing to get the biggest bang for my calorie buck, I choose mostly whole, filling, satiating voluminous foods. Tons and tons of veggies, protein and some fruit.

I stay away from all grains (even whole ones, they don't work for me), flour, rice, sugar, fatty foods. Now that I'm in maintenance I do have the occasional splurge of these foods in controlled settings.

Again, they all work, it's more about finding something that you are willing to stick with - long term.

Welcome to 3FC!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

I'm using a combination of calorie counting and lower carb intake and it seems to be working pretty well for me. For me, calorie counting is the best option because it allows me to have a wide range of foods and it's something that can be continued for a lifetime.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250+/176/149

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
For me, what finally *worked* is realizing that I couldn't go on and off diets, I had to continue on, forever, with something. So I stopped dieting and decided to overhaul my lifestyle, once and for all, no matter what and permanently.

That something that I spoke of, that I am willing to do indefinitely, that I am willing to MAKE work, forever, is calorie counting. I need that because it's built in accountability and forced portion control.
What she said.

I also love the flexibility that calorie counting offers. It's a go anywhere, do anything fuel plan. I can make it work whatever the circumstances: I stop eating when I've hit my calorie budget for the day. Every day.

I've been on and off diets for 40 years but once I made that commitment (just over a year ago now) - that I would no longer consume more calories than my body needed at a given time - it really did become just that easy.

Last edited by hhichick; 11-13-2010 at 03:12 PM.
hhichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhichick View Post
I've been on and off diets for 40 years but once I made that commitment (just over a year ago now) - that I would no longer consume more calories than my body needed at a given time - it really did become just that easy.
Wow. I LOVE how you put that. What a great summation. No BS. That there is the bottom line to losing weight and keeping if off.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #9  

I do not calorie count. All i do is eat healthy and exercise everyday. It works for me.
muffinrecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #10  
Beana

S/C/G: 260/247/140

Height: 5'5

Hi! I'm new as well. I am on the no flour no sugar plan. However, I have modified it to fit my needs. I am an overeater. So much so that I believe it has become an eating disorder. Addicted to sugar and flour. Maybe not so much the flour but I believe all types of flour are now a trigger food for me. When I eat them they make me grave more food..and my main craving is sweets. I have been eating differently for two weeks now and as long as i stick to fruits, vegetables and lean protein I have no cravings. But the minute I eat grains I feel like my body goes out of control. It's so weird. But at least I am at the point where I can sense the change. I refuse to be out of control anymore. Any how, my eating plan is very inexpensive, which is a HUGE plus to me. All I have to do is either eat freshly made food with ingrediants I can eat or read labels very carefully. Its crazy how many foods contain sugar and flour. I have also limited my dairy intake. Just because I was a huge cheese eater and I just feel I need to eliminate anything from my diet that makes me CRAVE it. I'm trying to also count calories because I know when it comes to weight loss that is the simpliest answer. But I am also concerned about my health and only want to put good things into my body. I want my body to be healthy again and have all the nutrients it needs to work properly.
Beana is offline   Reply With Quote