Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Default Bruised foot.. what to do?

The other day my sister stepped on my bare foot with her tennis shoe (she was looking up in the closet for something, I helped lower her down and she stepped on it, not even fast and hard), and the top of it broke out in a decent sized bruise almost instantly. It really freaked me out. I don't bruise easily. It hurts sort of, but only if something brushes against it or if you apply pressure. Anyway, today is supposed to be my 2nd day of 30ds, and I'm suddenly a lot less enthused...

Maybe this is my hypochondriac side coming to surface, but I was so terrified she severed one of the big veins in my foot somehow, and that I'd bleed out into my body. Or, that a clot would break loose and kill me during any exercise So I've been keeping an eye on it. I honestly don't think she did. I mean I think I'd have known by now, as it was 2 days ago. But the idea of getting my blood pumping really freaks me out today for some reason...

Am I just making up an excuse to not do the work out? After it was over I did feel really ill and dizzy, but that was because I didn't eat enough. I made sure to eat a good breakfast today, but I'm still sort of :/ about it. Should I just take it easy, but still do the tape?

I hate feeling so anxious like this over such a little injury.

Last edited by yhahmd; 11-11-2010 at 09:58 AM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #2  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

it sounds like the fear is real, but you know it's a somewhat irrational thought? Maybe you could start out slow, like a walk and rev up gradually to working out like normal. Maybe even put in a call to a nurse to alleviate your fears
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #3  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Well there are a ton of little veins and bones in there, so yeah, a bruise is a broken blood vessel. However, if it does not hurt when you walk or when you move, do a modified workout, just to stay moving. I find that I will come up with every possible imaginable excuse not to work out. I will take a little sniffle and blow it up into full blown pneumonia in my head as a reason to not do it LOL. On those days I just push through it and do it. ALWAYS I feel better at the end.

If you are doing your workout and it feels different, hurts etc. Stop and call the Dr.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #4  

I know it's irrational, I have plenty of irrational fears. They just follow me where ever I go I'll try the work out in a modified version and hope I'm still around tomorrow morning lol
Old 11-11-2010, 11:55 AM   #5  

Well I'm back. Alive, too! It was a lot harder to do with this foot but I pulled it off. The only thing I really had to modify was the jumping jacks. I just jogged in place and did the arm movements. Hopefully that counts for something.

Anyway, sorry for being so paranoid everybody! It just worried me that it bruised so fast, I thought for sure something had to be going on
Old 11-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #6  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

na, we all have irrational fears!! Good for you for doing it anyway. Do you feel less anxious about it?
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflower View Post
na, we all have irrational fears!! Good for you for doing it anyway. Do you feel less anxious about it?
A little bit, yeah. I gotta tell you anxiety sucks! I have so many irrational fears lol. But then I thought, "well, I can either die trying to lose weight, or die fat. Which will look better in the long run?"