Old 11-08-2010, 09:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/150/145

Height: 5'8''

Default Chest size, weight loss, toe pain, ballet, life

I'm not where to start with this. I was overweight, but am not anymore. This summer, I was 5'8'', at about 162, having gained 15 pounds. It wasn't inactivity, as I fenced and jogged, but a change in diet. Food at home tastes good, and I also was abroad this summer. Potatoes became my best friend, and my jeans suffered.

I'm now studying abroad for a year, and now have catered food. Food tastes bad. I also have started ballet, and attend studio five times a week.

I have several problems here. The first is that I've managed to lose twenty pounds in two months. I assure you I haven't been dieting, but have been walking about eight miles a day, and, well, ballet five times a week, fencing once a week. I stopped jogging because of reoccurring shin splints, and an issue with my toe, which I will get to later.

My problem: I now have a body I'm very proud of. However, my chest size, which went up two cups this summer to a 36 DD, has not gone down. I look ridiculous in my ballet top, and when I jump in place, have to hold my breasts. My uniform is such that I can't wear a bra under it--it is uncomfortable. I'm in a room with an assortment of girls with A/B cups, so it's discouraging.

I'm sure other people have gone through this. Is there a way to make my chest size shrink with the rest of my body? I'm not sure why this is happening. I've generally thought weight loss happened around the body proportionately.

Second, because of my foot/ankle strength, and my five class a week schedule, I've been given the okay to start pointe in January, after five months. I know this might seem sacrilegious, but it is a legitimate studio, with a legitimate okay, and I've done things with my feet in the past that have brought them to this point. The problem is my big toe--it hurts when I bend it sideways. It's been this way for five months, and doesn't seem to be healing. At the same time, I wonder if I need to drop some more weight, so it won't be under such pressure. Does anyone here have any advice on toes/starting pointe with a heavier (or average) build?

I know I addressed several things in this post. I'm sorry. I just don't know where else to post this, without looking like a whiner.

Last edited by Littlefox; 11-08-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Littlefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200/200/130

Height: 5'7"

Hm, no idea about the ballet question. I would see a doctor to figure out if you have done something to your toe. Perhaps you broke it and it can't heal because you keep doing activity on it? Dunno.

Weight loss is never propotional . If it was people wouldn't have lipo--they'd just exercise more. Some people have more fat deposits in certain areas. you could do chest exercises (like push ups). That will build muscle and may help reduce the size of your chest. Or they might go down by themselves. Or they may never go down. Are the women in your family large chested? Did you go on a new BC? How old are you?

Good luck with everything!
wibblewobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196.6/see ticker/125

Height: 5'5 1/2

I'd also recommend you see a doctor about your toe. Losing weight will almost certainly help with pointe, I've done it average weight and it's HARD because it's all your weight on such a small area, but if something in your toe is broken it might get worse at any weight.
Sanna Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/150/145

Height: 5'8''

Thanks you for response!

wibblewobble, I do come from a large chested family, but in the past, have always been an average C cup. I liked it. Being a DD is making so many things I used to take for granted difficult: wearing sundresses without a bra, walking around the house bra-less, fitting into my fencing uniform, even. It also just makes me look wrong. I really, really hope I continue to lose weight, and it shrinks back to normal.

My toe is getting better, I've noticed. I tried leaning on it this week, to see if it hurt. It did, but not as bad as it did in the past. I'll still try to see a doctor!
Littlefox is offline   Reply With Quote