Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-08-2010, 08:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Default Binge Free Challenge Nov 8 - 14

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge-free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Woo Hoo !!! Earning day 88 today! feeling freakin' amazing too !!

Sooo... I wonder, what changes have you noticed about yourself (aside from the scale!) that you want to share???

I have a collar bone I LOVE! I just found the bones over my shoulders where they 'connect' to each other... I smile more... I walk taller and get hit on more because I am more confident!

Hope everyone's Monday is amazing!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, happy Monday. REALLY craving candy a LOT this morning. It's been a struggle since 5am. Doesn't help that there is candy in abundance all over the office where I work. I have not caved but it's really tough right now. Not sure why. Stress? Bored? Awake?

I want to be binge free this week.

Keep the faith chicks!

Fighting tooth and nail in Minnesota!
Iianae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 139/see ticker/115

Height: 5ft

Happy Monday everyone. I was binge free for the past 5 days and I am proud of it. Now planning on being binge free for one more week.
Goforit24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7

@Iianae
Yeah. I know what you mean. Those cravings can be a *****. What gets me through though is that I think about all the damage that candy and junk food has caused me and ask myself if it's really worth it to let them ruin my body just for a few seconds of taste. Plus I drink lots of water and green tea..maybe you should try tea with stevia in it

@Goforit24
That's awesome! well done! Keep going strong. You can do it!

Happy happy Monday everyone . I thought I'd join this challange as well. I have been binge free for the last 5 days and I am planning on keeping it that way for a while. I slipped up big time this summer and well...gained weight and I am now at the highest weight that I have ever been and that really scares me. Think I am up to 198 lbs. So I am going for it. Changing my diet and getting some real good exercise. I just decided, I will NOT end this year heavier than I was when I entered it.
Good luck this week everyone!!
Nile1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:50 AM   #5  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Friends!

Today is Day 28. So close to Day 30! I am really looking forward to it. I've already celebrated and bought myself a new phone.

Make it great!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 273!!

HAPPY, thank you for the support and encouragement for me making it 9 months binge-free! I so appreciate it! As far as a reward, I have my eye on a sweater I want. I plan on wearing it to an upcoming interview. I know it goes on sale tomorrow. I just hope it's still there. Thanks for asking about it, and making me aware that rewards are essential.

You asked what changes I've noticed lately? My arms have more definition. I feel stronger and more confident. And here's a good one... My husband can now lift me.

Good luck, everyone!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 11-09-2010 at 04:39 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 167/160.2/135

Height: 5'6.5

Ugh. Double ugh. TRIPLE INFINITY UGH!!!

I binged. hard. for three days. It was the lost weekend. Things just got so fricken out of control! I was all set up to reach the two week mark for the first time ever and then BAM! the Uber binge from ****. I feel horrible. I feel dirty and tired and I don't even really know what caused it except that I had nothing to do all weekend and I was bored and frustrated and low on healthy groceries. It just feels like it came out of no where.

Well, what can I do? I'm earning day one. I went to the gym this morning for the first time in a while. I'm just going to get back on the wagon. I'm going to try to not be angry with myself and to just remind myself that next weekend, after a week of on-plan eating and exercise, this weekend will seem like nothing more than a bad dream.
YoYono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #8  

tyla - if they don't have it, ask them to call another store! you've earned it (and then some!!!!)

yoyono - brilliant attitude..yesterday is gone...tomorrow never comes... today is all we have... make it count! you deserve it... you are worth it... you are beautiful, loveable and the only thing in this world that matters to you! don't beat yourself up... dust off and tell your negative-chatterbox to shut up! you can do this! we are here with you!

vixsin - sooo close to a month! way to go!!!!

nile - your positive attitude is infectious!!! what a great motto "I will end this year lighter than I started it!"

I am on track to do the same... and I want it wicked bad! sooo close to 90 days...been a while since i could say that!!!

i agreed to do another cake! duh... i kill me!!! so i will have icing in the house again this week BUT i will buy the icing premade (which is yuckier than mine) and will not have beaters to lick! besides, i am kinda 'over' it ... even this weekend, i didnt WANT any junk, so i didnt have any... i overate a bit last friday in terms of maple syrup on stuff but i was comfy with the choice and it is at least natural sugar

monday workday is nearly over... looking forward to my workout and my kids!

hugs to all!
Old 11-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #9  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 3- Had a really hard time fighting off a craving I had all day for Nutella. I keep begging my husband to eat it all so it's not here tomorrow. I won the battle for today!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

My last binge was 10/30 so I am on day 9 of being binge-free. I would like to continue eating clean and controlled. I think the daily check-in is a good idea. Keeps me vigilant.

8 Day 10 - I feel in control and calm.
9 Day 11 - I'm on an even keel
10 Day 12 - Steady as she goes
11 Day 13 - close but no binge - whew
12 Day 14 - okay dokey
13 Day 15 - good
14 Day 16 - still strong

Last edited by DixC Chix; 11-15-2010 at 01:04 PM.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

Hey.. hope it's ok if I join. I usually go to the 20 something board.
I half binged today... I bought a bunch of candy after lunch but ate pretty well the rest of the day (normally I would have let the binge ruin the rest of the night and I would SERIOUSLY fall off the wagon , ie eat an entire box of cereal, half gallon of ice cream, etc all in one night)

I hope to come on here and be accountable! good luck to us!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:01 AM   #12  

Welcome to Tues ladies!

Jessie - of course you are welcome here... it is great that you didnt let that candy spiral into a full huge binge! way to go girl!!!

I am earning day 89. I did something very "new" for me last night... I had a couple pieces of halloween candy and just stopped... no thought about it, no "self talk", no punishment... just enjoyed the pieces and stopped... i am soooo happy that this happened! i didnt have to talk myself off a binge-ledge or anything! and this is even despite the fact that i am completely on the fence about my bf and whether i want to stay with him... normally that would send me into a spiral...

today i get to teach spinning class again - what an amazing feeling! every time i teach a class i get a 'biggest loser' moment !

physically i am noticing that my ribs are starting to poke through when i am just standing (and not sucking in my absolute hardest!) even though i have a ton of excess skin... even during my work out last night i could feel the power i am developing!

gotta luv bones poking out everywhere !

lets rock this Tues!
Old 11-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 167/160.2/135

Height: 5'6.5

Hey all. Earning day two here - cautiously optimistic. I'm aiming for one on-plan week in addition to being binge-free. I'm embarassed by the fact that I've been a 3FC member for well over a month and all I've done is lost and gained the same three lbs over and over again. It's time to get moving in one direction...

But I digress - I'm two days binge free and ready to make that 200 days! Let's all keep up the good work!
YoYono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:05 AM   #14  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All,

Day 29 today! 1 more til 30!!! I am so excited about that! Got rid of that pesky gain yesterday by getting a great nights sleep!

Kim: Congrats on Day 89! You're doing great!

Welcome to all of our new folks! We are glad you're here!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

vixsin- WTG! you can do 1 more day!

Yoyono- no need to feel embarrassed. I have been a 3FC member for 2 years and have gained and lost the same 10 lbs since I joined.

happytobeamomof2- I like how you say talk yourself down from the binge ledge. I hope to be able to consciously enjoy candy and not feel a binge coming.

hoping for my first day of no bingeing and staying OP!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote