Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 09:27 AM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Frustrated in only week 1! (m)

Hi everyone!

I am back again. I was on the ww program where I lost 25 pounds about a year ago. I gained a whole lot back and decided I wanted to try again....So last wednesday I rejoin. I have been doing the program religiously including drinking all my water. My frustration lies in my scale. I stepped on it this morning (just to see) and it hasn't moved!!!!! I am at EXACTLY what I was a week ago! I know that the first week is the week that you usually lose the most, so I really do not understand this. I am very discouraged. How do I not dwell on this?

P.S I am getting rid of my scale so I can not use it.

Angie.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:28 AM   #2  

Just so you know when I weighed in on Wednseday I was at an even 200 pounds. That is still down 8 pounds from when I started last time.

Last edited by momof4girls; 11-05-2002 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:53 AM   #3  

Default Don't focus on scales

My advice is to focus on making healthier choices-real lifestyle changes. The weight will follow. The people who focus on the scale can get frustrated and give up. The real key to keep the weight off is to change your perspective. This is about health and making changes for a lifetime. There will be times that you do everything right, but the scale won't budge. Maybe at those times you are losing inches but not pounds. The scale is really a very poor judge of progress you are making. Focus on behavior changes. Are you staying within points? Are you meeting all your requirements? The weight will come off. Let it be a by-product.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:54 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Remember that first week (back or starting) can be misleading because sometimes the 'bad' eating you had been doing takes a week or so to catch up to your body and your body needs time to adjust to the new way of eating. I know several individuals who have actually gained 2-3 pounds that first week because of this but the next week the losses started and never quit until they either quit the program or reached goal.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:28 AM   #5  

I think maybe you just need to give your body time to adjust to your new lifestyle. Do you weigh in between your scheduled weigh ins at WW? If so, I'd say I wouldn't do that, b/c it can get frustrating. Also, maybe you might try not looking at the scale when you weigh in at WW. That way, you'll know by your instructors reaction if it's beena great week for ya, and the you can look.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:59 AM   #6  

Weightogo : You are absolutly right about it being a lifestyle change, and putting more focus on eating healthier etc. and I totally agree with your statement about those who focous on the scale give up.....that has been me countless times. I don't want it to be that way anymore. I really really do not want to be a slave to the scale. I called my friend (who is also doing ww) and she is coming to pick up the scale so I can NOT weigh in between meetings. I hope this will me to not focus on the numbers.....out of site out of mind. Everything you said is very true, and I am going to try very hard on NOT focusing on my weight. Thank you!

Kelly_S : I hadn't really thought about that..but that could DEFINETLY be what is happeing. The week before I joined I DID make sure that I ate very high point stuff (just to get it out of my system) so maybe what you have said is right....it is just catching up to me and even though I have eaten very well this week....maybe they are just cancelling each other out. I will find out for sure tonight at weigh in. Thanks!!

KiraR That is for sure the problem! I DO weigh in at home and obsessivly....I called my friend yesterday (who is also doing weigh watchers) and she is coming today to pick up my scale so I can no longer weigh in between meetings. Out of sight, out of mind right?! As far as not looking at the scale...I just don't think I could do that....unless I was sure I was going to gain. Anyway, thanks for your reply!
Closed Thread