Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 07:30 AM   #1  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Default Tuesday! Tuesday!

Good morning everyone!

I've been busy so I haven't been able to post all that much. Sometimes I wonder if it's cause "I'm really busy", or if it's because I "make" myself to busy to post.

Weigh in just plain old sucked on Sunday. It was my fault (actually partly my fault) - I worked Saturday night and just let it all go to H - E - double hockey stix. Munching on this, eating that, etc, etc up until midnight (and weigh in is @ 9 AM on Sunday - duh!). Anyhow, I went to weigh in expecting to be up, and took it well (because I was 4 lbs up). Anyhow I got my period later that same day (totally not really expecting it). So, I'm hoping that there was contribution from that. We'll see on Sunday, and I'm going to go to a meeting tonight. It really helps me get through the week.

Last week, I started working on a letter for Jeffrey. It's amazing how much just writing can make a person feel better.
Anyhow, I don't know when I'm going to give it to him. I'm planning on Friday since I'll be working all weekend, and this will give him a chance to think and then we can discuss hopefully.

Hope everyone is doing well. I've got to get ready for today. I have parent teacher conference for Jeremy and he's got no school today. Christmas pix are being taken later on today too.
Busy, busy!

Have a great day! I'll try to check in later!
Old 11-05-2002, 10:06 AM   #2  
Canadian Chick

Morning!

I had a horrible sleep last night. First of all I went to bed witha huge headache & it just got worst throughout the night. Now its at the point where its making me a bit nauseais. Besides the headaches I had this really clear dream about a friend of mine whom I haven't seen or heard from since our wedding. The dream was very vivid and something about it was really disturbing. It makes me wonder what's going on with him & the worst part is I don't have anyway to get a hold of him unless I call his parents which I don't know if I'm comfortable with. Anyhow I've been saying prayers for him off and on all morning because he is weighing heavy on my mind. Very weird & a little scary. Note: A funny part of my dream I was going to eat breakfast & when I went to get it I was faced with two choices -whip cream covered waffles or a banana & fatfree yogurt & in the dream all of a sudden I had this incredible urge for the banana! Its too funny when my WW mindset carries over into my sleep!

Deb, I agree. Writing is my major outlet when I've got stuff stressing me. I can't remember when in my life I didn't keep a journal. I love how much better I feel after I've written everything out. Good luck with the parent-teacher conference.

Stacey, Its great to hear from you! I myself am back from a long absence. You're back in school to become a teach-that's so awesome! How long will you have to be in school? You're doing that plus working? That's a lot. Hope you're enjoying school. Come back again when you get a chance

Well I'm going to lay down with my booming head. I might pop in again before I go to work. Take care all

-Rina
Old 11-05-2002, 10:10 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Default Good mornin' girls!

If it is a good morning...which I doubt (my eeyore impersonation).

Well, its not even 8am here and I am already depressed. So much for my soapbox on the weekend! Yes, I went to WI yesterday after being OP and exercizing all week except for Thursday, which I blew by eating too much Halloween Candy, and I was up 4#. How can this be?? The ONLY thing that could contribute is that my TOM is next week Monday. That's the ONLY way I could be up that much. I swear - I even journaled all weekend and I really worked out 4x/week.

Deb - I am with you this morning....darn WI. I find writing helps too and sometimes when I write "letters" I end up not giving them b/c I realize other things (ie: what is the root of the problem, etc). Mine are novels though- like 15 pagers sometimes. I haven't done that since I was about 19 or 20 though...hmmm...maybe I need to do that again?! Good luck with Jeffery.

Stacey- I saw you posted - welcome back! Are you here for good??

Kirsty - Ishould take swimming lessons too - I was good once, but now I am bad and I don't like to get my face wet either when front crawling, etc.

Jess - ah, playing the field! Its been so long! Enjoy that you have a choice and make the right one for you.....it'll come in time.

Kier - hey baby! I totally love your new goals. I am an emotinoal eater too - but lately I find I eat out of boredom. that is scary. I try to keep myself busier inm y downtime.

Jayne - I suck at Yoga - but I like it. Ican't do all the moves b/c of my back injury though and I totally hurt my back last wednesday. I think Ill buy a beginner video too - and not do acutal classes til I get the hang of it a bit more. Glad your weekend rocked!

Jen - sorry you are sick again, yikes. That is bad when you are PG b/c you can't take anything. I hope you get better really quick. Post pics of Emma if you can!

Ali - more men situations...grad boy is a definite enigma. What's up with his hot/cold stuff? Men - they bite. Can't offer you any advice on that either, but let us know how it goes! I can live vicariouslly!

KT - propositioned, eh.....in a tasteful way....wow. All you single girls got it goin' on this month. Is it a full moon?

Cat - sounds like things are going really good for you! I love to hike - its finally warm here so I think b/f and I will do a fall hike on the weekend in the mountains. That's the bonus of living in the rockies! Good for you for being so OP!!

Rina - I'd lend you my slider, but i am in Alberta - it'd be a long drive!! Hope it turns up....

Well, Carmen is doing really well and big sister Julianna is adjusting to her slowly (JEn, you get to have fun with that too!! Lucky for you Emma is younger - Julianna just turned 4 on Emma's b-day and is VERY jealous...she has to bath when Carmen is bathed and eat, etc....she asked when she is going back). I am so very relieved.

Other than my bad WI (damn damn damn) I have had a good few days. I have had fun with b/f and we talked more about us. Without boring you with details, we seem to be on the same page more often, and I know he really does love me and is committed to us. He is just torn between his family and me (well, taht is how he feels, it isn't really that way).

I went to bellydancing last night and I really like it - its nice b/c the girls aren't all stick women and there is a really nice teacher there that I get along with quite nicely - there are some like 16 year olds too, some are annoying and one I thought was my age, no kidding!

Well I better getto work, this post has taken me 15 minutes.....I'll have towork late.

OH I get my performance review Thursday- I get to see what the boss REALLY Thinks of me...yikes!!

Have a good OP day ladies!!

Belle
Old 11-05-2002, 10:42 AM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Hey all. I went home at noon yesterday and slept. But I woke up feeling worse. I had this horrible headache (still have) and felt like a train hit me. Just rotten. I feel a little better today, but not that much! And yup, all I can take is Tylenol and it doesn't help! Emma is still hacking too, but she is in good spirits, so it's not so bad!

Oh and it is snowing here today and I don't feel like going out in it to vote, but I know I should! We have a dirty governor race here in Wisconsin... the TV ads are very annoying.

Hey Stacey, welcome back!!

Deb, sometimes writing it all down helps you organize your thoughts, even if you don't give it to him and decide to tell him how you feel, at least you have thought about it.

Belle, I don't know how Emma will react. She gets mad at our annoying dog a lot and everything is MINE. So who knows. But she loves looking at babies (that is other peoples babies). She may get annoyed when the baby never leaves tho! It is a common reaction tho. We are giving her a baby doll shortly before ours is due so she has her own baby to take care of. Hopefully that will help.

OK, back to work I guess. I am freezing and could really go for a fancy shmanzy coffee.... but no caffeine. Ugghhhhh!
Old 11-05-2002, 12:54 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Morning everyone!
I wore a skirt to work today and I feel like a fake. I like skirts and this one is plain knit brown and down to my ankles so it's comfortable, warm and pretty but I feel like I'm pretending to be a girl. I like summer when I wear skirts because because they are light and cool. Ok, that sounds weird - I'm a freak today.
Deb - Hello! When I moved recently I found a bunch of letters I had written and not given to my ex and I realized how long we had been in trouble for before I actually left. Throwing out the letters felt good though. I hope the writing things down works for you.
Rina - I hate that when you think about someone constantly and can't get a hold of them. Hopefully he's just thinking about you. BTW - I loved looking at your wedding pictures - you all looked like you were having soo much fun.
Belle - do not let that evil WI discourage you. You keep up the good work and it will pay off!
Jen - Emma will probably be in love with the new baby. Will they be sharing a room or do you guys have lots of space?

OK - break time once again
KT
Old 11-05-2002, 01:38 PM   #6  
GO CANES!

morning ladies. i feel soooooooo yuck today. think i may be getting a darn cold.
took the GRE and officially applied to grad school Friday, so now i sit and wait. i'm sooooo nervous. if i dont get in i will really be so disappointed. wonder if that's why i went OVER points this weekend. aaaaaack! i think i really want to get started with meetings again.....waiting for the info. from WW about "scholarships"...wonder if i could get a discount or something......
hope everyone else is doing ok?
Old 11-05-2002, 04:48 PM   #7  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hello! I'm sorry I haven't posted much, girls. My wedding is in four days and it's been hectic! I'm working through Wednesday, and it's been agony. I wanted to be tending to details! My mom came up Sunday and has been a great help.

I hope everyone is doing well. Rina, I love your wedding photos!

Well, I'm going to scoot out of here soon, but I just wanted to say hi!
Old 11-05-2002, 04:58 PM   #8  
Eve's Mom

Kim - good luck!! We'll be thinking of you on Saturday. Come back and play after!!
Old 11-06-2002, 10:36 AM   #9  
Cockeyed Optimist

Hi Ladies!

Haven't been posting because I've been on a long weekend in Orlando. May I just say how disappointing it is to come home to 43 and rainy when you've spent several days sunning by the pool?

I read everyone's previous posts from the last several days but I'm sure I'll forget a few of you in my responses - sorry!

Jayne - sounds like you and Aaron had a lot of fun at the museum. I know you didn't ask for advice but if you're interested in yoga tapes, try Yoga for Weightloss with Suzanne Deason or any of Rodney Yee's beginner videos - he's a great instructor.

JenL - glad Emma had fun at her b-day. Hope you feel better.

Rina - headaches bite big monkey balls! Try to sleep it off.

Belle - glad you got to cuddle Carmen. Nieces are the best.

Kirsty - I'm a huge Buffy/Angel fan so your halloween party sounds like it was a lot of fun to me.

KT - glad you're enjoying the NF.

Jess/Kier/Ali/Deb - I have a boy issue myself so I probably shouldn't offer advice but here it is. If you don't honestly believe that he would swim through shark infested water just to bring you lemonade, he isn't worthy of you.

Now about the aforementioned boy issue. Taking a vacation with CB made me realize just how head over feels I am for him. He tells me he cares about me and treats me like a princess. So what's the problem right? We don't seem to have the same "end goals" in mind for our lives. I know that we could compromise on most of them but he wants kids and I don't. And last time I checked, kids weren't something you could compromise on. So what do I do? Do I relax and enjoy the relationship while it lasts? Do I end things before either of us (ok, me) ends up heartbroken? Or, and I'm just thinking about this as I type, since we haven't said the "L" word or talked about a future, do I just wait until we have that conversation?

Well, I didn't count points on my vacation but I was really careful about breakfast and lunches (although dinners and drinks probably outweighed that) and I worked out twice a day each day. Anyway, I'm not counting today but am eating healthy and will start counting again tomorrow. Still, not looking forward to Saturday's WI.

Laura
Closed Thread