General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #1  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Default I married a drama king! (aka need to vent)

To make it short and sweet, in 03 my hubby got hurt, spent 14 months off of work, multiple surgeries, and finally lost 2 fingers.

Fast forward, now he is having heart problems. He keeps going into A-fib. We've been bouncing in and out of the E room, had him shocked back into time several times. Multiple tests, drugs, etc. He's on a drug for his A-fib and a blood thinner to prevent stroke.

We are lucky, we have great insurance and a flex benny card to pick up the slack, and we both have secure jobs, But he tells me tonight he's only taking half his medicine and has not has his blood checked in a month, because he's worried about what it costs. *faints dead away*

I know he is not a good patient, he does not like to take pills, but jeez. We saw his heart Dr. yesterday and made arrangements to see a surgeon who specializes in his issues and he drops this bomb on me!

I'm getting back on board with my food and exercise, and now this? I don't want to detract from his issues, but for the love of God, come on, dude, I can't do it for you.

I have an appt to get a fatty tumor taken out of my lip and I haven't seen the gyno or had a mammo in 5 years, he says get it done, but then tells me in the next breath "I don't understand his feelings"

This isn't really going anywhere, except I feel better getting it off my chest! And it will keep from whopping him upside the head with a skillet!

Thanks for listening!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

Men! Sometimes they can be so stubborn when it comes to health stuff like this. If money isn't an issue then maybe there's something else going on? Maybe he's having an issue coming to terms with the fact that he's having these health issues? I know my hubs likes to live in a world where he's still 20 years old and health issues (like high cholesterol, heart problems, etc.) are only problems that affect those much older than he is.

Good luck with getting the tumor removed. I've got a fatty tumor on my knee and it's no fun!
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:12 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5

does he know how much funerals cost? seriously. Hearts aren't something to fool around with.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:05 AM   #4  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

ugh why do they do this?!?! i once had this nice little bomb dropped on me. "so last month i was peeing blood. it went away, so i guess i'm fine. thought i'd better tell you."
umm... thanks?
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:18 AM   #5  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

No useful help, except to offer supportive thoughts.

I'm grateful that I'm a man because I know that I'd go crazy if I was married to one.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #6  

I'm glad I'm not married hahahaa! Seriously, he needs to know that more can develop from A-Fib...his heart can throw a clot to his brain leaving him with a stroke. I think to some people that is scarier than dying...knowing you may not be able to take care of yourself. But, in the end, you can only do and say so much....he has to be the one to do right by his health. (((hugs)))
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:43 PM   #7  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Sorry to read about your problem - very difficult handling these men with any medical situations. They are either dying of a cold and sniffles or ignoring more serious things. Methinks there is no winning with them.
Thankgoodness I don't have that joy anymore!
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote