Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 11-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #1  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Default Four Day Win by Martha Beck

So. Has anyone read the Four Day Win by Martha Beck? If so, thoughts?
I stumbled upon this, actually a whole section of her books at the library and took everything she's written. (Must be struggling to find my inner compass and want it in four days or less. ) Anyway, just starting it. Always interesting to learn how others approach weightloss, maintenance and just whole lifestyle choices that support it.

Just looking at the chapter titles I see some familiar things from my ACSM studies so, might be interesting just from the perspective. Wonder if I can get CEC's for this book.
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:13 AM   #2  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Haven't heard of that one, but I'll see if my library has it. I'm always looking for new reading or audio books!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:23 PM   #3  
Kallos Sthenos

As a testament to how little I deviate from this forum on the site, I see that there is like a whole section dedicated to the Beck Diet Solution.... Could this be the same person. Anyway, Cheryl, if you find it and decide to read it let me know what you think. I have to speed through this thing because it's due back in like a week....
Old 11-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #4  
Working My Way Back Down

Lydia - totally NOT the same person. Martha Beck is a lifestyle coach type person (and writes a column in Oprah mag). The Beck in the diet solution is Judith Beck, a psychologist using um, I think a behavioral model for dieting. BOth good people, just not the same.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:27 PM   #5  
Kallos Sthenos

Ooops, thanks for filling me in Pat. The book as been interesting so far but I'm really not that far into it yet. I've been sidetracked with homework. End of quarter....
Old 11-04-2010, 03:42 PM   #6  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Judith Beck - cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) or now sometimes just called cogitive therapy (CT). Her father, Aaron, developed it and she has adapted it for weightloss.

I think it's good. It's certainly helping me lose and keep off weight. So I recommend her books to you as well.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #7  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Judith Beck - cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) or now sometimes just called cognitive therapy (CT). Her father, Aaron, developed it and she has adapted it for weightloss.

I think it's good. It's certainly helping me lose and keep off weight. So I recommend her books to you as well.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote