Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 10:20 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more week of Nov. 4

If you have fifty or more pounds to lose, or are losing, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Hi from rainy, gloomy South Texas! (Oh well, could be worse; could be a drought!) Had a pretty good weekend, program-wise, so am hoping to do my lifetime WI this Saturday. I think I'm about over that depression I had last week, and things are looking up in spite of the grey skies. Dh and I walked on the track yesterday, but will probably use the treadmills this afternoon; he has decided that it's important to walk every day (yay!) so will probably be joining me more often now.

Again, welcome Little Engine; if anyone missed her first post, it's on page two of last week. Glad to have you aboard! Janet, we miss you; hope all is well! Tonya and Lilithu, let us know how things are going with you! We're here for you no matter how program is going, you know. JOYce and Linda, y'all are doing just GREAT on program; I look to y'all for inspiration! Texaslady, is this rain driving you crazy too? Hope it's not flooding in Katy again. Carol, are you through with your flu clinics yet?
Everyone have a great, on program Monday!
Regards,
Jan
Old 11-04-2002, 11:07 AM   #2  
Inchworm

Good morning!
The sun is shining in CA, sorry it is so gloomy in Texas!
Glad you are feeling better Jan !
I need to get walking too! At the Cancer support group we are starting, yesterday the leader talked about all the 'walks for the cause' she wants us to participate in. INCENTIVE! Gotta quit being a 'slug-along'!

Welcome Little Engine! You can, you can!

I finally put a couple of pictures from the big wedding on my home page for y'all to check out. I haven't gotten the professionals yet. These are snapshots that DD and Linda took.

Have a great day!
Old 11-04-2002, 11:08 AM   #3  

Hey there ladies, well all is pretty good here. I am still trying to stay under 31 points per day. For 3 out of 7 days I do, but the other days I hover around 35 points. This is week four for me and I am going to get the points under control. I feel really good. I exercised yesterday and this morning at 5:00 am. Forty minutes on the elliptical machine and 10 minutes of free weights. I feel like I have lost some more weight. I am praying that I have. I told myself that I am going to stay under 31 points for good this time. I just need to find things that fill me up better than others. I dont eat after 7:00 pm. Wish me luck on Wednesday with the weigh-in I hope I am 236 by then.

Have a good day everyone.

Tonya
244/238/170?
Old 11-04-2002, 05:45 PM   #4  

Hi JOYce! Glad the sun is shining out there! I think that's a good idea, participating in those walks for a cure. It's fun walking with friends, and for a good cause, too. Re: the snapshots, I'm on another computer w/out my bookmark to your site, but will definitely take a look when I'm back there!

Tonya, good for you, doing the elliptical machine and weights! Re: things that are filling, I've heard that oranges, apples, oatmeal, and popcorn are good for that. And have you tried the WW soup? I'm not a big fan of it, as I don't like cabbage that much, but my dh loves it and I've heard other members say they really like it. It's in the week one booklet. Good luck on Wednesday!

Jan
Old 11-05-2002, 08:33 PM   #5  
Inchworm

Default I AM SO EXCITED!!!

I have to make this quick, but can't keep it to myself! My sister got results from her brain MRI today, the tumor in her brain is GONE!!!! she still has cancer in the rest of her body, but that nasty one in her brain is GONE!!
ALSO:
I was in the Cancer Society Discovery Store this morning, and while waiting for a reciept for the things I was donating, I was approached by a reporter from our local newspaper who asked why I had chosen that place to donate my goods to. I told her about my sister and showed her the pin I made and was wearing in honor of my sister and she asked if I would give her a story about my sister and my pins. She is coming out Thursday morning for the interview and photos!!! She showed my little pin to her editor who was touched by the whole idea. We will increase awareness to Cancer as well as give tribute to my sister!!

gotta get to cleaning for Thursday!!
ttys
Old 11-06-2002, 06:13 AM   #6  

Joyce, what wonderful news for you and your sister! When the article prints, please let us know if there is a way to access it online!
I don't have time to post much now, but welcome, Little Engine. I too am in a "stuck" mode- my own fault!
Hi to all and have a god day.
Carol
Old 11-06-2002, 10:03 AM   #7  

Hello everyone,

Boy that is good news Joyce, how is your sister doing now? Are her spirits up?

Well I lost another two pounds today and I am officially joining Weight Watchers tomorrow. I am so excited. That is a total of 8 pounds in 4 weeks. I hope I can keep loosing 2 pounds a week, but we all know that wont happen! Everyday I get better and better at staying under my points range. It is going on 4 days straight and I have not went over. I am pretty proud of myself. But I can't do it alone and that is why I am going into Weight Watchers.

I want to thank all you ladies here too for your support.

Have a good day

Tonya
244/236/???
Old 11-06-2002, 10:37 AM   #8  

JOYce, what wonderful news! I am so happy for your sister; I know she must be so thrilled to hear that the brain tumor is gone! Were the doctors surprised to see that? And how exciting, about the story on your pins and Cancer Society activities! Would love to read it when it's done. Seems like wherever you go, you are always doing things for others; you are truly an amazing person.

Tonya, another two pounds, that's fantastic! I'll bet you're already feeling more energy, and noticing clothes getting looser. You should be proud of yourself!! Glad to hear you are joining WW; I really think that the support you get from the meetings, as well as the accountability and record-keeping, make a huge difference.

Carol, sounds like you are really busy! I know what you mean about that "stuck" mode, but I'm sure once things calm down you'll be fine. You've done so well maintaining what you've lost, and that is quite an accomplishment!

Did anyone else read about the metabolism benefits of hot tea? I've seen it in several magazines lately, that tea (green or black, not herbal) is a real metabolism booster. So I'm switching from coffee to tea now, and will see if it helps any.

Dh and I took a walk yesterday and got attacked by swarms of mosquitoes!! It was awful. All this rain is still in puddles everywhere, and the little pests are hatching by the thousands, I guess. Dh was swatting at my back with his cap, and I was smushing bugs on his back with my hands, and we were both making better time than ever before, trying to get back inside! They didn't hit until we were 3/4 mile from home. Guess it's treadmill time again! Too bad, because the weather outside is just lovely, finally.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday! Hi to Texaslady, Janet, Linda, Little Engine, and Lilithu!

Regards,
Jan
Old 11-07-2002, 05:23 AM   #9  

Ow gawd, I know it has been way too long to get my *** back on this forum. I have a job now (it's only for a couple of weeks but I'm making money!!!) so I have been quite busy with that...
I haven't had the time to read everything, but I hope I will tonight, but I just wanted to tell you I'm doing fine.

My weight loss has slowed down, and although I knew it would eventually, I was kinda disappointed... But because the ww-program isn't that hard and I know that this is not a diet but a lifestyle change, I didn't let it get to me.. I'm going to have to live this way for the rest of my life, and things could be worse. I haven't gained any weight either, so that is okay.

I stay OP, I still get om my hometrainer everyday but I notice I'm having troubles doing the things I really should do, like drinking enough water and eating loads of vegetables... At the start I drank liters of water and I ate lots of vegetables, but now some days I really have to force myself.

But: happy thoughts, happy thoughts! I have bought myself a new jeans and my size has gone down.
I must say that felt just great!

I know you girls are always here for me, and I'm sorry that it sometimes takes me a terrible while to report, but I want you to know that I'm really happy that I know you're here. really!

Take care and I'll write more as soon as I have the time

lilithu
Old 11-07-2002, 03:29 PM   #10  

Lilithu, what wonderful news! Wow, a new job and new jeans, and in a lower size, even! Great feeling, isn't it? And I'm so glad that you aren't letting the slower rate of loss bother you. That's to be expected, after the first few weeks. The best thing about the program is that these pounds will STAY off, even though it takes a while for them to leave. An average of 1-1.5 pounds a week is what they recommend for permanent weight loss. Re: drinking more water, have you tried using a straw? Somehow that makes it easier for me to finish off a bottle of water faster, don't know why ...

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday! The IM (iron monster, the scale) showed I've lost that extra pound, and I am hoping to weigh in Saturday under my limit; will have to be careful today and tomorrow.

What's everyone doing this weekend?

Jan
Old 11-08-2002, 10:27 AM   #11  
Inchworm

Happy Friday!
My interview went just fine yesterday, it should be printed in a cupla weeks. =) I'll let you know.
I'm going AWOL for a few days....gonna go celebrate my sister's bday tomorrow!
I'll check in with the IM at WW this morning and leave town at noon. Hopefully the weather from this storm that is supposed to be here, will not give me trouble going over the HWY 5 Grapevine.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Honor our Veterans! (imagine a flag icon here!)
Old 11-08-2002, 12:44 PM   #12  

JOYce, I can't wait to read the story! Have a safe and pleasant drive up to your sister's, and good luck at your WI!
Jan
Old 11-10-2002, 08:30 AM   #13  

Wow, is it quiet in here! I guess everyone's out enjoying the weekend. Dh and I went to ww yesterday, and he lost 2.4. I lost .2 (gee) but at least was a pound under for my Nov. WI!
Everyone, stop in and say hi ...
Jan
Closed Thread