South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 01:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Witching Weekend Chat!

My last Halloween being fat is a good one. I am feeling good about life!
Old 10-30-2010, 02:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I'll be working for Halloween this year. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I mean boo as in YUCK not boo as in BOO, SCARED YA!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 05:31 AM   #3  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Good morning FO and Natasha!!

Happy Halloweeeennn!!! (early) let's drag this out LOL

Everyone at work is dressing up. I thought about going as a bellydancer, but I don't look as good in my costumes with my extra poundage (though it is getting better) I am being lame and not dressing

Waiting for DH to get out of the bathroom so I can weigh (it could be a while ) LOL
Old 10-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #4  
Queen of shifting minds

Height: 5'6-1/2"

Natasha, I'm sorry you have to work I am doing my friend's hair for her wedding and then helping set up all day Sunday so it is like I am working, an I work a long day today (so I know how you feel )
Old 10-30-2010, 06:16 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

You three have made me laugh out loud even before finding my first cup of coffee!

Okie, thanks for getting us started and what a great alliteration! I know how you feel-I've already spent my last Halloween fat (actually 5 years ago) and I have absolutely no desire to go back no matter what sacrifices I have to make. I made DH cookies last night and ate 1 while I watched him eat 8-it's just not worth it! See you later??

Natasha, Boo! Just think vacation money!!

BelovedK, sounds like a very busy weekend! Next year you can go as a belly dancer again!

Cyndi, are you coming this next week?? Seriously, I'd love to meet up with you two for dinner. Then DH and I could spend the night in Santa Fe and call it our anniversery, which is the 30th. I have several rugs I'd like to get appraised.

Me, slept in a bit and the troops are rising with me. Oh, well. I have a long list this morning, but all good since the infamous piano music is done.
Today:
make raspberry jam
strain chokecherries and deliver juice to mom
go to breakfast with mom
go to Denver for errands
walk 2 miles
eat OP

Other than that, it's a lazy day.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:30 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow, I sleep in until 6 and there's all kinds of fun stuff happening. I always suspected that when I was a kid but I thought I was wrong

Okie- love your attitude

Natasha - Me too, if it's any consolation. To be honest all I'd do is the same old stuff if I wasn't working. At least I'll be in town so I'll get to see some cute kids.
It's all hills and more around here too. My first regular route was downhill from my house then up all the way to the next town. That way most of the ride back was down (except for that last steep bit!). I see people biking in the mountains all the time. I still can't imagine that.

Beloved - my last fat costume was a lumberjack. I haven't done a costume since. Not sure what I would do now.

Debbie - We aren't coming until mid-December. I'll pm you as soon as I get the confirmations from our travel office. I would love to get to Santa Fe but it probably isn't happening this time. I can either take a couple of days to bird Bosque or go to Santa Fe. The birds always win

Today is my normal weekend day so all the usual chores. It's chilly here so I'm looking forward to the crockpot running and some baking bread. I'll get apples in the dryer to round things out
Old 10-30-2010, 06:40 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Cyndi, I hope you got some needed rest! Mid-December would work out just fine! It's just an hour back north to Santa Fe so we'd probably just meet you for dinner mid-week and then drive north for the night. Santa Fe has an outdoor Indian market year round, which we always enjoy visiting. I think Sorcorro is out for us this year because we'll need to bring Rudi and Bing, since Rudi is just too needy for him to stay with anyone, even for a night. He did fine when we went to Lake Tahoe. Someday, I'm going to revive your bread recipe, but for now, I just have too many projects, and Whole Foods is making 2 great sprouted breads, which I enjoyl
Old 10-30-2010, 06:56 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Okie, just read that dieters who get 8½ hours of sleep lose fastest. Just sayin ...

Natasha, I hope your shifts this weekend are quiet.

Beloved, I have a Halloween dance to go to tonight and am still dithering about what to wear. I may just put on jeans and a garden shirt and cover my face with my silly looking bug veil and hat and go as a gardener.

Debbie, I don't consider 4 AM sleeping in! Your list sure doesn't make for a lazy day, IMHO.

Cyndi, NM in December sounds better than going in November. We sometimes have nice Novembers and I've got my fingers crossed that this will be one of them. Your day sounds homely - in the old sense of the word.

The usual Saturday stuff today - baking for Church coffee tomorrow and making a cheese platter and two loaves of sammies for the dance tonight. I have some boneless chicken cooking right now for a loaf of chicken salad and will do one of PB and grape jelly too. (Nobody ever makes PB & J and they go really fast. Everybody has an inner Little Kid, even our local good ole boys!)

I did get the machine quilting finished yesterday and plan to get the binding on that quilt today. There is a good chance it'll be finished for Monday morning's meeting. The dishwasher was delivered around 1 PM yesterday and is sitting in the back room waiting for the end of hunting season to be installed. As soon as it arrived, I walked down to the Lake to visit Ernie who is recovering from a hip replacement. His house is on a point and it sure was cold and windy and dark. I managed to cheer him up a bit.

Gotta get the body in gear and get dressed before I hit the kitchen chores. Enjoy your day.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

My goodness but you are a chatty bunch this morning! I've been trying to get as much sleep as I can to get rid of this cold. As soon as Jake gets out of the bathrooom I have to blow-dry my hair, then we're dropping my car off for it's winter maintenance. Jake needs some supplies at Home Depot, then it's home to work on the basement the rest of the day.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:10 AM   #10  
Be happy.

Good morning!

I got some laundry going and some brownies in the oven before I logged on this morning and wondered what would be waiting when I popped in. Lots of chatter, but by the looks of things, most of the posts were already here when I rolled out of bed a few minutes before 7 anyway. You folks are up an at 'em early for a Saturday!

I've got a busy weekend, but I've been looking forward to it. I'm going to make a quick trip to Auburn to check out the big sale at Kohl's. I'm usually able to find very nice Christmas gifts there (my main reason for going) and while I'm there I'll try on some smaller jeans. I have a hard time believing that size 8's will really fit yet, but my 10's are baggy enough to be uncomfortable these days. If I don't find a pair of "big 8's" maybe I'll find a pair of "Little 10's" LOL I'm totally mystified by the way sizes run.... I never know what size to grab off the rack.

There's a teen event at the church this evening (with pizza, chips and brownies so I'm eating BEFORE I go and bringing OP snacks with me). I'll need to be sure to get back from the city in time to get a good walk and/or some hooping in before I head to town for that. There's a similar event for younger kids and their families tomorrow afternoon and I'm running games for that one also. Hopefully I'll have a pair of new jeans to wear to both events!

Enjoy your Saturday (working or playing) my friends.
Linda, I sure hope you feel better soon!
Old 10-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Well good morning! Wow, a lot going on here already.

I am just waiting for the weekend to be over. Both so I can be past the darn candy and neighborhood party tomorrow and to be past my son's first college apps. Maybe I should go back to bed and sleep until Monday morning!
Old 10-30-2010, 09:45 AM   #12  

Height: 5ft even

Default good morning

I'm up dressed and waiting for my coffee to perk. I'm looking forward to another great day on the beach.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:56 AM   #13  
Be happy.

Hello again, change of plans already.
A young friend was called into work unexpectedly, so I'll be hanging out with a toddler today instead of Christmas shopping. It's still early and Kohl's will have plenty more sales, and to tell you the truth, it will feel kind of good to hang around here today.

I finally took my shower and got a nice surprise when I weighed myself - I'm down another pound. That will make it much easier to say no to the pizza and other goodies tonight!

I also checked my email, and a friend sent me a "recent pic of hubby and me". Thought I'd share it with you ladies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pumpkin people.jpg (43.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-30-2010, 11:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Heidi, That picture is a hoot!
Old 10-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Too funny! I just got an idea for a costume for tonight.
Closed Thread