Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 10:58 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #236

WELCOME!!

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!!
Old 11-03-2002, 11:07 PM   #2  

Default Hi Chicklets!

Just popping in for a second to let you know I'm here... but still not feeling chatty! Food and exercise are right on track though.

Baylee... I'm SO glad you posted. We were getting worried about you!

Hmm... Malia should be back from her trip now, no?

Anyone else wanna be part of the Christmas Card exchange? PM me with your address!

TTFN
Sara
270/185/150
Old 11-03-2002, 11:17 PM   #3  

Talking Howdy all !!!

I have finally returned home from galavanting all over Missouri, Texas and Oklahoma. The fall foilage was just beautiful this last week !!!!! Yesterday was rainy so we didn't get to see the sun illuminating the trees but it was still awesome driving all over.

Add that excitement with my Oklahoma Sooners WINNING AGAIN and I am a happy camper. GO BIG RED !!!!! We are 5 -0 now.

Michelle... you think you aren't much of a drinker.... I thought Jolly Ranchers and banana splits were foods you ate not drink. LOL

Thin... NEVER GIVE UP !!!
I am glad your mom is okay ... and even more glad you didn't have a heart attack when you found out your son went to the wrong theatre. Is he still alive?? LOL

Lucky... I think Kat has a good idea.... YOU win the lottery and the men will flock to you carrying roses. LOL

Jann... count your blessings... there is no candy that I don't like. LOL

Baylee... WHAT A DAY !!!! I am glad you could laugh at it in the end. LOL

Mary... glad to see you peeking in ... hope you had a nice evening with your dh.

Tina...Good to see you are just enjoying some time off. Hurry back.

Kat... Darn... I can't remember what I was going to say to you now. I guess I will just send you some good vibes. :

If I missed anyone else please forgive me. I have got to run now.
Old 11-03-2002, 11:41 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Got up early this morning and was on the phone with mom in the hospital by 8:00. They told her they were going to release her in an hour so I high-tailed it up to the hospital. 2 hours later we were on the road. She was anxious to get home........she had tickets for the symphony this afternoon! I told the nurse she was in a hurry because she had a 'hot date' for this afternoon. I said "you can't keep this old broad down". OMG, what AM I going to do with her?

She is supposed to follow up with her doctor and guess who has been delegated to call him? You got it, yours truly. And can you guess why? Because she has a hair appointment in the morning and doesn't have time to sit on the phone with the doctor! OMG! Does she think I have nothing better to do?????

I know, I know. I should be happy I still have a mother to call the doctor for. And I am.

Worked the theatre again today. I was able to see I Spy with Owen Wilson and Eddie Murphy. It was just a little too corny for me, but others will probably like it.

I'm on the run. Gotta get some sleep tonight. WW is first thing in the morning. Don't even bother wishing me luck. There isn't enough help in the world to get this week out of the crapper! Another week gone!

LuckyLadyBug: I'm sorry your exercise caused a sore throat. Didn't anyone tell you not to stand down wind of the smoke????

Baylee: Thanks for your vote, but I think you had just as stressful of a time. I am glad you were able to 'belly laugh' about it though. Do you know how many calories you burn doing that????

Mary: I'm so glad you're still hanging around with us, even if it is just lurking. Post when you feel like it. Sometimes talking helps. Just know that we're all here for you. [[[hugs]]]

Michelle: You might try taking apples in the car for the ride as well as some washed seedless grapes. That way you'll get a couple of those servings in each day too. And for your notes, why don't you try a small tape recorder? Record what you would have written on the cards and then plug them in for the ride. You'll be able to study and drive without the dangers of trying to read the cards.

Tina: Do I dare ask who won?

Sara: Are you ok? You haven't been very chatty lately?

2cute: Glad to see you're back from all your romping around the countryside. Hope you'll be home long enough to catch your breath for a day or two.

Well, girls, I'm off to bed. See ya tomorrow.

Hey Lucky, how 'bout this one? He's Patrick Dempsey from the movie Sweet Home Alabama. Ain't he cute?

Last edited by thinthinker; 11-04-2002 at 08:12 AM.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:12 AM   #5  
a work in progress...

I typed this all up yesterday afternoon, took me about two hours, then I couldn't send it for some reason...so I saved it for another day! I'll update later...

Have a good day, all...

Did I miss anything good? Did you guys chat? Did you talk about me???
I was lying down, around 7:30 last night, just counting the minutes to chat time, flipping around the channels...I settled upon "Forrest Gump" thinking, well I've seen this a million times, I'll just watch for a bit and go see what the girls are up to...the next thing I know, it's 9:45...As I blearily looked at the clock, I thought, "$%#^$% missed chat again, but I still have about 45 minutes of sleepy time!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Drinking Nyquil will do that to you.
I have SUCH a monstrous cold. That, plus PMS, gives a whole new dimension to "Feed a Cold." I have eaten every thing that's not nailed down...i'ts a good thing I instructed the kids to hide their Halloween bags...the way I feel now, I'd tear through that candy like the Tasmanian devil on crack!
Having just said that, I made myself get on the scale. I am up two lbs from last weigh in. I will NOT go any higher!! Starting right here and now, I am dragging myself back on track...excuse me a moment, I'm going to get some water...
...I just filled up my 1.5L bottle with water. I just realized that I have not been drinking water these past few days. I would probably feel a lot better if I had. I have not exercised since Wednesday, no. wait...I did walk on Friday for about 20 minutes...but I have not done a good, hard sweaty exercise session since Wednesday...but I really haven't felt up to it. Tomorrow I will get back on track as far as exercise goes.
You know, I just realized that being accountable to all of you, instead of just to myself, makes such a difference. Thanks for being here. I just tried to put that into words, but couldn't get the point across without rambling incoherently for about a paragraph, so I'll just say Thanks! (again)

On to replies...
BAYLEE!!I'm so glad you posted, I have been worried about you!! We were gonna get a posse together to come a lookin'! I'm glad you're back...and with such a good story!! You made me laugh just picturing you and your belly laughs. I always get the biggest laughs at myself! {{hugs}} I'm glad you're okay.
Tina I know what you mean about being on the 'puter too much...I'll yell at my daughter for spending so much time on, and here I am. I'm glad you're still OP, can't wait to hear about WI (not Wisconsin), come what may!
Lucky Never in a million years did I think those two stooges would have filled a single bag of leaves, let alone FIVE! I shelled out $40.00!! (Twenty apiece and I told them I'd make up the difference in hot chocolate...they grumbled a bit, but accepted my terms.)
Thin I hope Mom is feeling better...I know, only too well, how frustrating it is dealing with hospital personnel and dippy doctors...I'm surrounded by them nightly! I know I could give an excellent course on "How NOT to treat patients and their families" based on what I see every day.
BTW, I can't wait to see The Santa Claus 2, I LOVE the first one!
Michelle Sounds like you've gotten everything all planned out for the next two weeks! Before you know it, you'll be looking back, saying, "I'm glad THAT'S over!" Try to pop in occasionally and let us know how you're doing. Good luck!
Mary I hope you are feeling better, physically AND emotionally. How was dh's birthday? And how is your son doing?
J-ann Snow??? I HATE raking snowy leaves! I may have to pay the boys double if that happens! Did you put your snow shoes on and walk?? Tomorrow is Monday and you can forget all about any donut indiscretions from the past week...a new beginning!
Sara I miss you, chickie!! Please feel chatty again, soon, I love reading your positive posts!
Duckie If these northern gals are having snow, you must be snowed under!! Are you keeping warm and cozy? How is your little guy?
2cute I hope all went well with your family this weekend.
To everyone else...come on out and post....let us know what you're up to!
Gotta run, Maybe I should try to throw some sort of dinner together...nah...dh is working, son ate with my sister's family, daughter at play practice...I think it's a Campbell's soup night for me!
See you all tomorrow. (...that would be today!)

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-04-2002 at 07:15 AM.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:05 AM   #6  

Angry

RISE AND SHINE LADIES !!!!!!!!

Okay my friends it is time to get this day going in the right direction. Today is Motivation Monday... here is my contribution...

"If you always do what you've always done....
You will always be what you have always been".

It is time to "change" our bad eatting patterns, and exercising patterns. It is time for a change for the better.
Old 11-04-2002, 01:38 PM   #7  

Unhappy Weekend's Over

Good Morning Lady's

How is everyone today, this fine Monday morning, I hate Monday's, the weekends go bye to fast. Don't get much done at all.
Son had another Hockey game on Saturday, they lost, but he's really improving on his skating skills, he wasn't so tired this saturday after the game, so I think he wasn't feeling so good last week. Actually he was a little terror on Saturday, had me in tears most of the afternoon. And you know what I figured out, I think I might have read it here before but Chocolate is a depressant, I was really feeling like a horrible mother, and was yelling and fighting with my son all afternoon, he wasn't doing anything differently than any other day, but he was really frustrating me, and I can usually handle it, but all I wanted to do is lock him up and cry ( no I didn't lock him up ), his dad wasn't much help either, He was gone Hunting all day. So I'm blaming my bad day on chocolate, I haven't had any chocolate for about 2 months, and being Halloween and all, there was an abundance of it around the house so I ate to much of it, I also had a terrible headache. So on Sunday, I had no chocolate, had a very good day, and had no headache. I think I'll stay away from chocolate, from now on. I don't need the aggravation.

So today is weigh in Monday, and considering all the Halloween treats, TOM visiting and the medium size pizza I devoured, and all the other crap I shoved in my face last week, I still lost 1 lb . So I'm not complaining was expecting a gain of at least 5 lbs, I'm so close to my mini goal, I need to get my act together and really work on my diet this week. This is the week I will pass the 300 mark and join twowondeland ( I hope )

Good luck to all of you who have WI's coming up, and hope those who have the terrible cold, get over it real quick.

Gotta get some work done, check in later
Old 11-04-2002, 06:32 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Duckie, that's great! I only hope my scale will be as kind on Wednesday!

I have not been to sleep yet!! I worked last night...came home got kids off to school, hung out with dh, who had just come in from work too...he went to bed and I was, where else? on the computer...thinking I'd go in to sleep shortly, when I got a phone call from one of my neighbors. her daughter goes to school with my son and she's on the PTA library committee. She asked me if I'd like to come and volunteer some time in the school library. I did this for a few years when my daughter was younger and again when my son was in the lower grades...I told you I LOVE LIBRARIES! So there I was this afternoon, happily sorting and shelving books...then I had to do some food shopping, then I needed to tidy up this joint, then I needed to make dinner, then I needed to drive my son to Scouts while dh drove my daughter to play practice...NOW I need to park my A$$ on the couch and just chill out...

So without further ado, I shall say "Good Evening" to all...have a great night, I'll see ya tomorrow!
Old 11-04-2002, 07:49 PM   #9  

Default Monday once again

I don't have time in my busy morning to post, so I am playing catch-up in the afternoon.

Why are Monday's so hard, I feel like I come off the weekend saying good-bye to all my junk food friends, and start the week off right, but by 10:00 Am this morning I was plugging in 55 cents into the vending machine at school for a bag of Cheetos. I think I really wasn't paying attention to what I was doing until later. DUH!

Plus it really didn't help that I had no motivation at all this weekend to do the grocery shopping. I use to love doing the shopping, but I have gotten out of the habbit and now I just dread it. Maybe I will snag my husband to help me do it, plus I have to shop for 6 people in our houshold.

It was a good weekend, just hung out with my husband and the kids, rented movies, and of couse movies go hand and hand with junk food, some how have to figure out how to get away from that fact.

I should have been doing home work this weekend, well I did. I tried to work on some math homework but of course it made no sense so I have to wait for class to get the explanation for it.

I am trying to get a few minutes of time tomorrow to call WW and find out when my favorite leader teaches, so I can get back into the swing of it all.

Wel I should go we have bowling league tonight, you all have a great night, I hope I have time in the morning to check in and get some helpful motivation, so I won't be heading to the vending machine for those damn Cheetos again.

Kim
Old 11-04-2002, 10:22 PM   #10  

Angry Chickin' In!

Hi my lovelies,

Gonna post despite my apathetic mood... gotta come up with something POSITIVE for Kat!

Had an extremely busy day for my day off. Groceries, working out, chores, and training at the Sexual Assault Support Centre tonight. We had some speakers come in to talk about suicide assessment and prevention. Hmm... this topic isn't positive enough! The speaker said something interesting though; Self-Help (or support) Groups, in general, are one of the best means of assisting people in reaching their goals. (Originally this was said in terms of, say... getting a suicidal alcoholic help in AA.) All I could think was... YEAH! All you chickies on 3FC have made all the difference for me this time around!

Working out is going AMAZINGLY. I'm going to the gym 5 or 6 times a week. I'm doing a lot of cardio (burning about 500 calories at a time!) and the weight circuit every second day. I'm looking forward to WI Wednesday but I'm not expecting a BIG loss--just a little one as TOM was is/was visiting this week and I'm slowing down as I get nearer and nearer to goal. I'll be happy with any loss... seeing as how I'm building so much muscle too!

Duckie... Congrats on losing another pound despite a less than perfect week. Ya musta done something right!

Kim... Glad to have you back again! STAY AWAY FROM THAT VENDING MACHINE!

Okay. To bed early for me tonight!
Sara
Old 11-05-2002, 06:28 AM   #11  
a work in progress...

Red face Early bird report...

After NO sleep all day yesterday, you'd think I'd be out cold for a day. I crashed on the couch last night before 8...wandered into bed around 11, and <<<BOING!>>> wide awake at 5:30. So, since I could not for the life of me go back to sleep, I sorted clothes...the ones that I asked dh to sort last night as he sat there, watching TV...put some wash in, emptied the dishwasher, made some coffee and THEN allowed myself to come read ALL the posts that had accumulated while I slumbered...yeah...all 2 of 'em!

My cold is much improved. So much, that I'm going to hit the gym this morning. I miss going. The urge to consume mass quantities seems to have passed too...that means I'll probably get my period today, really throwing off WI! not Wisconsin. But, that's okay...it will give me a week to undo any damage I may have caused whilst "feeding my cold!"

I bought stuff to try Michelle's "Dump Soup" (gross name!) I'm going to try to low carb it this week, see how well I do with that. It's very hard to cut out my breads and pastas, but when I do, I feel much better, and don't get the killer cravings that the carbs bring on. So we'll see. It's an ongoing process. Having been eating not so well for a couple days, my mindset wants to revert back to "Oh well, I blew it!" mode. But you know wchat? My clothes are definitely looser, (still.) I tend to see things microscopically, not the big picture. As much I thought a few days would undo a few weeks of good behavior, they have not. So I'm happy about that.

I'm off to the shower...just put my second load in the wash, I may have one finished before anyone even gets up! Have a great day everyone! Come on out and post...give me something to read on my next break!

love ya!
Old 11-05-2002, 07:20 AM   #12  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry Just a quickie...

and from a lurker to boot! (but please do not boot me)

Hi Everybody!

Kat, have you checked out any of the glycemic index/ glycemic load info:

http://vanderbiltowc.wellsource.com/...ent.asp?ID=655

http://www.health.harvard.edu/article.cfm?id=48

GL is a newer, more worked out version of GI that -- for example -- shows why carrots are good, as opposed to the old notion that said they were bad. Never could buy that one!

I feel lots better with fewer carbs, too. And you're right, the cravings actually go away!

Good luck and best wishes to all!
Old 11-05-2002, 07:55 AM   #13  
a work in progress...

Hi babette! Thanks for the info, very interesting stuff! Pop in anytime!
Old 11-05-2002, 08:06 AM   #14  

Babette: Thanks for the reminder. I have been doing WW for about 3 weeks, ignoring my low carb plan from before and wondering why I have such cravings all the time....

I forgot my plan to combine the two.

Thanks ....
Old 11-05-2002, 08:36 AM   #15  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Funny thing, the memory, huh. I can actually completely forget, from time to time, that I want to lose weight
Closed Thread