Old 10-29-2010, 07:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Default Week 1 (Yellow/Blue) Weight Gain???

I started MRC 2 weeks ago today. During my preconditioning week, I lost 6 pounds and could not have been more excited or motivated. On Day 1 of Yellow menu, I was out of town and thought I had planned very well, but with 7 hours left in the day I had already eaten all of my meals and drank all of my supplements so I went off program. Started fresh the next day with better preparation and by Day 3 I had lost 1 lb. Have not gone off plan since, but today is Day 6 and I have gained that 1 lb back!! How is this possible?? I'm so stressed out about this. I want to go back to preconditioning where I was eating more and losing more. I feel like I'm starving my body and I'm beginning to lose faith in the plan. I'm on MRC-6, All Day Weight Loss and Corti-Trim. I don't know what more I could be doing, but I'm dreading my weigh-in today. Shouldn't I have lost more weight on yellow/blue menus?
chiefjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

I thought the exact same thing!! When I went to the food class they gave me the yellow menu and said this will put you in deep fat burn.. so for me I equated that wil massive weight loss, lol.. but when I lost nothing and even gained .4 lbs after being perfect on both the yellow and blue menu I kinda broke down on my weigh in at the center and told them how I was feeling and she said most people don't really lose on the yellow/blue menu, it basically conditions your body to lose better once you start the green menu, you will lose inches though, to help me see what the yellow/blue did for me she remeasured and I was down 7 1/2 inches!! that made me feel so much better! I wish they would have clarified that when they put me on the menus but still, at least I know now and I'm on the green menu (4 days now) and the weight is coming right back off again so hang in there and don't beat yourself up! You are probably in deep fat burn and those inches melting off you and the scale will catch up when you switch menus so don't get down and go off plan, hang in there, there is a reason behind their maddness, LOL

Last edited by spryng; 10-29-2010 at 07:26 AM.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Please don't be discouraged! I'm copying the post I wrote to Spryng just a week or so ago - this happened to all of us!

"This happened to me, too.
Did you get the "Plateaus are good signs" paper from your center? It basically states that "you may plateau or even gain a bit after your first 7-10 days. On the first part of the plan, your weight loss is due to water loss. After 7-10 days, this stops and your body readjusts so that the cells don't collapse. This is where real fat loss begins. Water is heavier than fat so while your weight remains stable or even increase, you actually are losing fat." Keep it up and hang on, you're right, your body MUST surrender!"
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Thanks so much, Ladies! I went in for my weigh-in and I was the same weight, but they told me not to worry and that the weight would start coming off again once I hit the green menu. I feel really relieved. It's so easy to get discouraged when you work so hard and don't see results, but my faith is rejuvenated. Really thankful for the twice weekly weigh-ins, and for this forum!!
chiefjo is offline   Reply With Quote