Old 10-25-2010, 12:26 AM   #1  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Default +++Weekly Chat October 25-Nov. 1+++

Continuing the chat thread...how is everyone doing?

I am reeling from the aftereffects of participating in an EATING CONTEST of all things yesterday...good lord. Prunes prunes prunes all day. On the upside, I tied for second place with 10 (small, not big floppy New York slices!) slices of pizza and 3 dessert-sized bowls of soft ice cream. Of course the winner (12 slices of pizza) was a skinny handsome dude.

Are you getting excited for Halloween? I just got my Courtney Love wig yesterday and it looks awful which is a good thing in this case. The chocolate has started to appear in my mailbox and on my desk faster than I can say "Here's some chocolate" to the first person I see. I'm hoping I continue to feel this disgusted by the thought of more empty carbs all week.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

Height: 5'2

Kramp- eating contest?! haha I love it!

I still need to get the rest of my 80's aerobic girl costume together. Hubby and I were watching videos of Richard Simmons last night so he can perfect his "look" for halloween.

Pants feel a little less tight today. I am anxious to see if I have a loss after not weighing last week due to TOM.

I cannot believe it is almost November 1st! We are going to Mexico over Christmas and I HAVE to be at 147 at the HEAVIEST to feel comfortable in a bikini. UGH! I am going to keep working at it, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't afraid that I won't make it!
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning girls! Today was Day 1 of P90X! I made it through! Though I ended up feeling slightly nauseous. Have Jazzercise tonight. I made Cheesecake Brownies for a work function yesterday and I did eat one after I made them because I was curious. They were pretty good. Today I am starting back hardcore to eating right. I would really like to make my goal by the end of the year. For the last 2 weeks I have been "maintaining" (not on purpose) and I don't like it.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Krampus--You are a brave woman! I don't think I would be capable of doing an eating contest without feeling so guilty LOL.

Linds -- I'm sure youll hit your goal of 147 before Christmas.

Jenn -- How are you liking P90X? I was thinking about starting it after I finished the 30DS. How long are the workout videos?

Well ladies I'm on Day 6 Level 2 of the 30DS. I'm pretty excited about this. Besides that I was down .2 oz on the scale this morning, not much but it is something lol. Just a question is there any certain cardio I can do from my home because I do not think I'm going to get my 3x walking in this week. And I will probably feel awful at the end of the week because I didn't get it done. Any suggestions?
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #5  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Oh I felt guilty all right after all that pizza.

LindsB, I think you can definitely make it to 147 by Christmas! You've probably lost since your last weigh-in.

Jenn, cheesecake brownies sound great!

JLNichols, I do Billy Blanks Tae Bo Cardio video at home. You don't need a big room to do it and it's a fairly sweaty workout.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/144.8/135

JLNichols- this might sound nuts, but hubby and I were watching youtube videos last night of richard simmons because that's what he is going to be for halloween...and his workouts seriously look fun! You could watch them on youtube and do them along with him...--i apologize in advance if you think that's crazy--
LindsB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

JL - I really enjoyed the first workout. It was a Core workout, but my heart rate got way up and I was sweating hard (i'm not generally a sweat-er.) I think tomorrow is Cardio. I think the host guy is kind of a tool, but i did enjoy the work out. I think most of the videos are around 55 minutes, but I hear the Yoga one is 1.5 hours. I may have to cut that one a little bit short. Do you have Excercise On Demand? There are a ton of workout videos on there. I was doing a different one every morning before I received my P90X discs. You could get some additional cardio that way and its free.
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #8  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Jenn- Cheesecake brownies sound amazing and I dont even like brownies(but would totally eat them anyways haha)

So I REALLY need to get back on the workout bandwagon. This past week has been one of the longest most awful TOM's EVER....guess having a second child has made them worse but it is only my 3rd one since having so I'm sure they will level out again. Plus I have totally been cheating on my eating, but not AWFUL. I actually lost a couple lbs from when I started TOM til now so I am pretty much solid where I am at the moment. But now its time to be out of the 190's for good!! And that means excercising my booty off!!

Happy Monday LADIES
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/185/153

Height: 5'6.5"

I know I've been MIA for the past few weeks, but I am feeling better and less stressed and I am getting back into my healthy habits.

Promise to post on a regular basis. I am ready to get back to losing.
Risssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 192/**ticker**/115

Thanks ladies for all the advice...Ughh today has just been crappy honestly. My head has been pounding all day and I'm really trying to push myself to workout but I just haven't had the motivation. Calorie counting has been good today..I went to the doctor b/c I have developed some odd white skin patches on my skin and he gave me some cream for it, i go tomorrow to get bloodwork to check my thyroid and he referred me to a dietician..anyone go to one of these?...Hopefully it'll help me out with losing the rest of this weight. I really dont feel like doing personals lol..so I will when I get back online later..Have a great day ladies!
JLNichols07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies.

It has been quite the Monday. I'm ready to get home, get my workout out of the way and relaaax.

I got my Halloween costume in the mail today. I'm going as Flo from Progressive I'm going today to get my red lipstick I'm excited. This is the first time in years I have dressed up for Halloween.

We got full spectrum lights in our office today. I'm kind of excited about this. I definitely have symptoms of SAD in the winter, and I'm hoping this helps!

Hope my girls are having a happy Monday!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Hey ladies!

krampus Eating contest! Craziness. I feel like I did one on Sunday night with my sister, way too much food! Your Halloween costume is going to be awesome! Definitely take pictures please!

Linds Awesome that your pants are feeling a little looser! I think you can definitely make 147 by Christmas, for sure! You and your husband's costumes for halloween sound cool haha.

jenn Cheesecake brownies do sound good - good on you for only having one! I really think you can make your goal by the end of the year, that would be a great feeling too I can bet! I hope the P90x goes well!

JLWay to go on the 30DS! And the .2 oz. Any loss is loss. You're doing great! I know this could be a dumb suggestion, but if you're looking to do some cardio at home and don't have equipment or other dvds, apparently jumping rope/skipping is a really good workout? It's also really challenging I think but like 10 minutes of it is supposed to be really good and really get your heartrate up! Also I've heard of people who just put on some music that makes them feel like dancing and go crazy dancing for 30 mins or so!

BlCarter Hop right back on! Get exercising! Hah! I hope the TOMs get better for you.

Risssa Nice to see you again, glad to hear you're doing well and are less stressed!

Casey Hope your relaxing after your workout is good! It's awesome that you're excited about Halloween. I bet you'll look great!

~

I got over myself from the over-eating dinner out on Sunday night. It was one meal. I over-ate, yes, but I probably only ate at about my maintenance calories and it was only one day. I ate lower yesterday to compensate, and I guess if I look back on the week leading up to it, I ate lower calories quite a few days that week so in the bigger scheme of things, I may have only been a few hundred calories over for the whole week. I need to learn not to stress out so much about it.

I had a nice relaxed day yesterday, slept in, hung around at my parents for a while, got a couple new t-shirts and then had a roast dinner with my boyfriend and his parents followed by some Wii.

I'm glad it was a public holiday and I didn't have to work. I feel way more refreshed having had Monday off and knowing that although I'm working today, I don't have to work tomorrow or the next day (my usual days off). I'm ready to get into my studio and get some paintings going, I've been asked to do an exhibition just before Christmas which is great motivation to get going with my art again!

I'm still deciding about Halloween this weekend. I love dressing up so I kind of want to... but I'm at such an inbetween point with my self confidence in how I look! I somehow feel like I'm less sure of how I look now then I was when I was bigger? If that makes any sense...

Anyway.. I have to go change a lightbulb haha. Hope you ladies are all off to a good start this week! I'm kind of looking forward to my second Zumba class after work today already!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #13  
(they're flowers)

S/C/G: 174/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'4''

Hey everyone I'm so glad to hear such positive comments coming from a Monday, of all days.

Anyway, last night I had a little night splurge, but at least it consisted of no carbs. To my surprise though, I weighed in at less than I did yesterday morning.

Ah Halloween is coming up! I didn't buy a costume though...yay for being a poor, jobless college student. Haaah, I do have a Pirate one from a couple years back...I wonder if it still fits...

Hope all of your Mondays are going well!
Atarimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #14  
Lena

S/C/G: 250/230/165

Height: 5'8"

Today in a nutshell: I, she-who-will-not-eat-raw-veg, discovered that salad is actually delicious if you skip the lettuce and make spinach your only leafy green.
sobocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/*see ticker*/130

hey all, hope you're doing good today.

me, not so good. hanging on by a freakin thread is more like. i feel like i just wanna crawl in a corner and die in a little puddle of tears. i stepped on the scale this morning and it announced me that my evil weekend of terror made me gain almost 2 kilos. ALMOST 2 FRIGGIN KILOS!!! sad. oh and i started bleeding again, for no reason, and it's freaking me out. i feel like my body is just breaking down on me. i really need some love right now and my bf is still awol. wtf. seriously. i'm trying not to stress about it, but it's just making me miserable. someone, make it go away.

i did do really good on my calories yesterday though, but i think it's mostly because i was too miserable to eat.

sorry to be a big bursting bubble of happiness this morning... eh.
KawaiiCandie is offline   Reply With Quote